Something In The Background

Narrator's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

It didn't take long for everyone to fall back into routine over the course of these 4 days. By day, the Mega Pizzaplex ran as smoothly as before, and by night, not much happened, at least according to most of the animatronics. There was one bot, a certain rabbit, that seemed to think otherwise. "Hey... have you guys noticed Vanessa acting differently?" He asked his friends one night when they all were together. "She's probably just adjusting to getting back to work," Chica shrugged him off. "Hmm..."

What Chica said seemed to be a good enough explanation for everyone, but not Bonnie. Each night, he would closely watch the night guard whenever he could. Vanessa seemed jumpier than before, which is weird since she's usually so fearless even in the darkness of the giant building. There would be times when she would just disappear for hours at a time before Bonnie could find her again.

Eventually, Saturday came and the 5 special guests were here. The entire Pizzaplex was busy making sure that everything was perfect that day, we can't go ruining the reputation that the company spent years trying to repair after all. But of course busy employees meant there would be a few cracks in attention. Nobody would notice, say, a few extra arcade machines popping up when we're so busy serving customers.

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I was tasked with keeping a close eye on the animatronics, specifically the ones that were around the kids. I couldn't stay in the daycare all day though. So one of the other mechanics, usually deals with arcade machines, was over there watching Sun.

The kids went to eat lunch so I took that as my cue to rest, I ordered myself a slice of pizza and a soda before sitting at a nearby empty table. My feet ached from walking all over the Pizzaplex, I sighed as I sat back, "I wish I still had the endless stamina of a child." I felt a warm hand on my head "Or a giant robot gator." I looked up at him with a lazy smile "What brings you here, mister Montgomery?" "I saw a pretty little thing all by themself." I faked looking around as I said, "Bonnie's around here?" Monty then proceeded to mess up my hair "You look exhausted,  shortstack."

"Just tired from all the walking, if you came to help you can carry me," I said before taking a bite of my food. "I'm sure your boyfriend wouldn't like that." I looked up at him curiously "I don't have a boyfriend?" Monty just shook his head "Not what I meant little guy."

****

Back to walking around the Pizzaplex, making sure no incident would occur with the animatronics. So far nothing has happened, although the kids have only met four of the robotic cast, Foxy, Monty, Chica and Roxy.

Next stop was Bonnie Bowl, he was gonna play against them. Hopefully, he actually lets the kids win, unlike a certain competitive pair, Monty and Roxy didn't even hold back when the kids had their time.

I sat and watched the group from the diner area, even ordering myself some fries while they played. The sound of metal footsteps approaching pulled me away from watching, I looked to my right to see Freddy making his way. "Well, hello there Mr. Fazbear. Here to greet the kids?" He stopped beside me with a shake of his head "I came to check on you, Monty told me how tired you are." I smiled as I popped a fry into my mouth "What a softie." Freddy seemed to nod in agreement "He also said that you wanted me to carry you?" Aaaand there it is, of course Monty wouldn't call Freddy to check on me just out of the kindness in his heart. "He was just messing with ya, no need to carry me Freddy," I said as I rolled my eyes at the gator's antics

"Then, you're okay now?" I nodded "Yup. I've just been sitting here, watching them play. You're welcome to stick around, though." I looked up at the bear, who had settled onto leaning against the counter next to me. "Exhausting as it was to walk around all day, it was nice seeing those poor kids enjoying themselves," I said as the two of us watched the group play. "Now who's acting like a parent," Freddy smiled down at me teasingly. "Hmmm... still you, papa bear," replied as I booped his nose. It let out a little squeak, to which I gasped at. "They kept that feature," I asked the bear with a wide grin. He looked down at me with realization dawning in his eyes "Oh no. Don't you dare!"

Narrator's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

The day passed without a hitch, no accidents, no malfunctions, just happy smiles and successful publicity. By closing time, the buzz inside the Pizzaplex had died down and tired employees and families alike trudged out of the mall. Even the animatronics seemed tired from the busy day. But tiredness isn't enough to stop burning curiosity.

With today being a big one, Bonnie decided that tonight would be the night to confront Vanessa about the weird behavior he's noticed. After her rounds in Rockstar Row, Bonnie followed her as she made her way into Monty Golf. That area was always busy, what with all the atmospheric machines inside. Which made the bunny lose track of the night guard.

"Vanessa? You in here?" He called out as he made his way through the course. "Vanessa?" Bonnie spotted a pair of red eyes in the corner of one of the golf courses, but they were not any red eyes he was familiar with. "You're a curious guy, huh Bonnie?" He didn't recognize their voice, his eyes narrowed as the security system inside of him was flashing warning signs. "You know what they say about curiosity..." From the shadows walked out a small white bunny lady, holding in her hands a standard issue Pizzaplex button. "...It killed the bunny." The white rabbit finished as she pressed the button and she commanded, "Disassemble Bonnie."