Tense

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

First thing I had to do was save as much of Bonnie as possible, any working parts or unique features of him that made him the Bonnie we knew. A lot of him was torn up though, so I would need to rebuild any missing part of him that wasn't salvageable. Luckily, I knew where they kept the plans of each animatronic and was able to grab Bonnie's.

Then, it was a matter of getting him a new endoskeleton, which was the better option than trying to repair his broken one. Good thing they have a bunch of extras in the Pizzaplex. Doing all of this would take time of course, I'm just one person doing the repairs. Plus, I still have to do my job of taking care of the others.

I decided to move Bonnie off to the side of Parts and Service, into one of those weird, empty rooms that I never knew what they were made for. That way, when the others needed to come down here, they wouldn't have to see their friend like this.

****

The days went by slowly, each visit from the animatronics were them mostly wondering what my progress was on fixing up Bonnie. I would always tell them that he'll be ready soon, and I would never let myself look sad when they asked.

Repairs took some time, I was basically remaking him from the inside until Fazbear Entertainment could provide me with his casing, it was eerie seeing the bare endoskeleton of my friend. Looking over at the animatronic standing in front of me, I dusted myself off with a sigh, "Okay buddy, time to see if you're still in there." I turned him on and waited with bated breath for any sort of reaction. A couple seconds passed, then a minute, and then four. Nothing. "Dammit..."

Freddy's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Y/N has been staying over at the Pizzaplex this entire week, basically living in Parts and Service. They barely leave that room, only when they needed to shower or when they're called to repair us. "I'm really starting to worry about, Y/N," I said to my friends. "Yeah, they never leave Parts and Service anymore," Chica muttered. "They're a damn adult, you don't need to baby them," Monty growled from the corner they were leaning against. "Y/N's human, they're a lot more fragile than us," Chica frowned at him. "It's not babying... we're just worried about our friend," I added. "Then what about Bonnie? What the fuck is he to you," he snapped back.

"Monty...," Roxanne warned.

I stood up and walked over to him "We all want Bonnie back as soon as possible, Montgomery. But unlike you, I'm not willing to let my other friends drive themselves to the edge just to get my boyfriend back," I hissed at the alligator before walking out the room.

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I heard the sound of metal footsteps approaching behind me, with a sigh I left the room where I was repairing Bonnie and walked back to the main area of Parts and Service.

There stood Freddy at the door with a worried look, he gave a half-hearted smile as he said, "How are you doing, Y/N?" I groaned, "He hasn't woken up yet." I sat on the table where the Parts and Service console was, leaning my back against the safety cylinder. "Have you eaten yet today?"

"Breakfast," I replied in a monotone voice. "Y/N, you can't expect to fix Bonnie up in this state," he fretted as he rushed over to me. "It took me no time to give you a tail, and everybody a working tongue," I barked as I moved away from him as best as I could on the table.

"Y/N...," Freddy sighed as he put a hand on my cheek. I felt tears start to well up as I relaxed into his giant paw. I've barely been sleeping these past days, only a few short hour naps before I continued working on Bonnie. I closed my eyes tightly as Freddy pulled me into a hug, feeling his warmth surround me. "Rest now little one, you deserve it," Freddy's comforting deep voice was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.

****

I woke up engulfed in a comforting warmth, my eyes opened up to a familiar combination of orange and cream colors. I blinked once, twice until I realized the position I was in. Freddy's arms cradled me as I laid on top of his lap, while he sat on the floor propped up on the wall of Parts and Service. I didn't know how long we slept for, I stopped keeping track of time. "Good morning, Y/N," Freddy greeted as he opened his eyes. "Freddy, what time is it? How low is your battery? Is it still Wednesday?"

He gently patted my back to calm me down "Don't worry. It's Thursday now, 5:38 AM to be precise. And I still have enough power to reach the charging station outside."

I sighed in relief "Okay... You'd better go charge up then come back so we can run diagnostics on you." I was about to stand up but was stopped by his hand around my wrist, Freddy looked into my eyes with worry "Remember to take care of yourself. We all miss him but we would never forgive ourselves if Bonnie came back at the expense of your health," he spoke softly, almost like a whisper. As if I was fragile enough to break if he spoke any louder.

I stared into his electric blue eyes for a moment before silently nodding, he seemed to believe me because he let go of my wrist and allowed me to get off of him. Freddy then stood up and made his way to the charging station like I told him to, I stood there in silence, staring at the door he walked out of for a few seconds before heading over to the console.