Free Day

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Alex seemed to like the song fine, she was bouncing along with it. Reminded me of when I was little, I would sing along to the Showtime song that the band in the old Freddy Fazbear's sang. How did it go again? ...🎶Freddy Fazbear's Pizza! Where fantasy meets fun! 🎶

The sound of cheering pulled me out of my train of thought, the song must have ended. I checked my Fazwatch to make sure that I didn't miss anything important while I was reminiscing, luckily I didn't.

"This next song will be sung by our very own, Montgomery Gator!"

I looked up from the watch so fast that the back of my head hurt. Sure enough, Freddy handed Monty a mic as the alligator went front and center. The intro of the third song started and I almost laughed, it was the song 'Famous' by Big Time Rush, definitely not the first song that comes to mind if you asked me what should Monty perform.

Even if it didn't really fit his vibe, Monty really got into the song, performing his little heart out. He looked like he was having fun. Monty has a good voice and seeing him enjoy himself  on stage made it much more enjoyable.

The song ended and I cheered loudly, these shows are much more fun when you actually pay attention to them. *beep beep* But of course the fun had to be ruined because a kid decided to puke on Sun in the daycare. I sighed and quickly said, "Gotta go" before leaving the table.

****

They closed the daycare early so no other messes could be made, because there's always gonna be some kid or some parent that vomits when they see vomit and nobody wants to deal with that.

But, they did make me clean Sun right in the middle of the daycare so there wouldn't be tracks on the way to Parts and Service. I grumbled profanities while I cleaned him, he tried to stop me from doing so but I wasn't in the mood considering that I have to clean somebody else's puke.

Finally I was done with that, so I left for the bathrooms to vigorously clean my hands to get rid of the vomit bacteria.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, a message from mom, 'Come join us at the arcade, we'll play for a little then we're all going home after' There's like ten different arcades in the Pizzaplex but I'm gonna assume that she means the Superstar-cade since it's the one in the atrium.

****

So I spent the rest of the day with my family, playing all sort of games and even getting enough tickets to get Alex her own Roxanne plush. Lucky for me, no other problems happened with the animatronics today. We stayed for a couple more hours before mom started getting tired of standing up the whole day, which meant it was time to go home.

My parents drove here on their own so they took their car, and Alex wanted to say with me so I drove us back home.

I'd say today was really fun, but with all the running around the Pizzaplex and cleaning all of the animatronics, I was pretty tired by the time I got home. I went straight to my room and flopped onto my bed, dropping my bag on the floor next to it. Tomorrow's Sunday, which was my off day, which gives me plenty of time to rest and start on that project of mine.

****

"Breakfaaast!" Instead of my alarm waking me up, it was my dad's voice yelling that breakfast was ready. I woke up groggy from my sleep and checked my phone for the time, it showed 8 AM.

I walked down to the dining room, still in my pajamas. "Good morning early bird," dad greeted with a smile as he served me my food. "Morning," I said with a tired smile before eating my breakfast. "Any plans for today?" I nodded "Staying in my room, with my tools," I spoke with my mouth full.

"Y/N you're an adult now, don't do that!" My mom  scolded as she walked in. I swallowed before saying, "You're the one who was gushing over me yesterday!" She winked and said, "Because that's my job." Mom then grabbed some food that my dad packed for her and then kissed the two of us on the cheek. "Now I'm off to my real job, bye-bye!"

"Bye mom!"
"Have a good day, love!"

I finished my breakfast and put my dish in the sink "Love ya, I'm gonna go tinker with stuff in my room now!" I exclaimed before running back to my room.

****

I pulled the blueprint out of my bag and spread it out on the wall above my desk. "Hmmm... first things first, I need to figure out a place for food to go. I don't want it to just get stuck in their endo..." I needed something strong enough to withstand a lot of movement, something big enough to hold a day's worth of food, but something small to fit inside their casing. "Ugh, the things I do for love," I sighed.

My eyes looked over my desk for any clue on how to start. The human stomach has acid to break down food, I can't exactly get acid and stuff it inside child entertainers. Eventually, my eyes landed on an old faucet that I took apart before "Hmm..." I gasped as I had an idea "Garbage disposal!" The gears started turning in my brain as I started to checklist what I would need "I'd need 6 of them, some strong metal tubing, something to funnel the food and the material to actually make the tongue... Yyeahhh, I think I gotta go shopping"

I went to get some clothes ready so I could go out and buy all the materials I needed "Daaad, I'm gonna go out to buy stuff!" I yelled before going into the restroom to shower.