Coffee Makes The Heart Beat Faster

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

The others also told me about how boring yesterday was. In Monty's words I'm less of a buzzkill then the other technicians, which I think is his way of saying that he missed me.

Freddy is the last to get examined again, when he came through the door and greeted me good morning I said, "Are you going to keep being last just to make sure I have a proper breakfast?" He chuckled, "That depends, have you eaten breakfast yet?" I turned to the console and readied the machine for him "Just shut up and get in the safety cylinder." He giggled to himself and followed my instructions.

I grabbed my breakfast out from my bag and raised it up so Freddy could see it while he laid inside the machine "Here, I'm eating it now! Happy?" He laughed and I rolled my eyes before taking a bite.

Halfway through his inspection, I decided go to the top of the left stairs of the safety cylinder and sat down criss-cross-applesauce in front of the window, eating my breakfast and looking at Freddy the whole time. He laughed at my intense eye contact, I tried to maintain my serious face so I wouldn't choke on the food. And if you didn't know, it's very hard not to laugh when you're making silent eye contact with someone.

****

Freddy's check up was done and so was my breakfast, and as soon as he left the Parts and Service room I laid out my things to continue my surprise upgrade. "Okay, speedrun," I said to myself before taking a swig of my coffee.

If someone were to see me right now, it would be like walking into a mad scientist working. Good thing half the employees that Fazbear's hire couldn't care less about the place. It gave me peace and quiet, which means me getting into the zone and working faster, which means chugging coffee like crazy and eventually.... running out of it and having a caffeine crash. Looks like I'm gonna have to get some more coffee, good thing they have a café in the Pizzaplex.

I got up from my position on the floor, my body aching from staying like that for so long. I checked the time and the looked at the map to how I could get to the Faz-pad from down here. 11 AM, I've been working for 5 hours. Well, I'm halfway done so that's good. I picked up my travel mug and made my way to the lobby, where the coffee shop was located.

****

Gotta admit, the coffee wasn't half bad, it's no Starbucks but it was still pretty good. Since I was here, I decided to go the long way back to Parts and Service, hopefully run into the animatronics on my way there.

I walked through the daycare, waving to Sun as I passed and went in through Gator Golf, Monty wasn't there but the atmosphere of that place is always so impressive. From there, I went out to the atrium. There was a birthday party there and Chica was the special guest, I gave her a wave and a smile while she was busy with the kids. Didn't really run into anyone else for the rest of the way but that's expected for working in such a big place.

****

A few more hours later and I was almost done, all I really needed now was to make the shape. But I can't do that when I'm out of coffee again. I yawned before getting up and making my way back to the Faz-pad.

"Oh, dear friend! Hello again," Sun greeted from behind the fence of the daycare. I must have been walking on autopilot because I couldn't remember how I even got here. "Hey Sunshine, " I yawned. He tilted his head in worry "You look tired, did you stay up all night?" I shook my head "No, no- well, technically not... I've just been working all day, it's probably getting to me"

Sun hummed "Well, here!" Then he reached into his pocket, which I now just realize that he has, and pulled out a little yellow candy "Have a Sundrop! That should give you the energy you need!" Even if it's advertised all around the daycare entrances, I never actually tried one of these before. With a shrug I took the candy and popped it in my mouth, it was a hard candy texture and tasted like a mix of orange and lemon.

"Mm! Hey, this is good," I said with a smile. And whatever they put in here really did the trick, because I felt much more energetic. "Wow, could I... have a couple more?" Sun nodded happily, "Of course! Here, you go Y/N!" He gave me four more candies. I put them in my pocket before heading back to Parts and Service "Thanks a lot Sunshine!"

****

I ran the whole way back, dodging and weaving through customers and employees alike. About a third of the way there I started to get tired again, why did I have to take a long way back again...

While wrapped in my thoughts, I bumped into something hard and fell over. Or rather, I was about to fall over before I was caught. That something that I ran into was actually a someone, Freddy Fazbear to be exact.

He caught me with both hands by my upper arms, the part just before my shoulders. I looked up at him in surprise while he looked at me with worry "Are you alright, dear?"

I must have hit my head pretty hard because I couldn't respond for a second, I just stared up at his shining blue eyes. "O-Oh, yeah. I'm ok... just my head's spinning" Not the right thing to say, that just made him panic more "What? Oh no... I shall take you to a first aid station" He started to pull but I dug my heels into the floor to try and stop him "No, no Freddy it's fine! Just... dizzy from the impact is all" He looked back at me, still not convinced. A gentle smile crossed my face "Look, I'll just be in Parts and Service, and if I feel any worse I'll call you, deal?" Freddy thought for a little before nodded and slowly letting go of me.

This time I walked to my destination, looking back and giving one last wave to Freddy before disappearing from view. My heart was beating like crazy and my face felt warm, weird, has it been long since the last time I've ran?