Admitting It

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

"Pleeeeaaase?" Foxy put his hands together in a begging pose and tilted his ears downwards, I shook my head at his pleading. "Quit the puppy dog eyes we got work to do, remember?" He narrowed his eyes at me and dropped the 'sad puppy' look "Fine. If you won't tell me now, you'll tell me later," he said with a smirk before walking out the door. I'm unsure if he meant it as a threat or as a prediction, either way, today was gonna be interesting.

Routine check-ups were done and the Pizzaplex was open for the day, so I decided to head to the break room and get myself some coffee. Maybe hanging out around humans will do me some good.

****

"I'll never live it down if Foxy finds out," I mumbled to myself as I grabbed the coffee pot from the machine. "Finds out what?" I yelped at the sudden voice. "Jesus! A warning, Laura!" I turned to the brunette angrily. "I have hot coffee in my hands! What if we both got burned?" While I yelled, she just laughed, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you."

I rolled my eyes and continued to pour myself a cup, Laura held out her own empty cup for me to pour into. "So, what were you just saying?" I put the coffee pot back in its place and went to sit at the table "Nothing, nothing at all," I said dismissively as she followed me.

"Come on, I really didn't mean to spook you. So tell me what you were just mumbling about," she begged. Well, at least it isn't Vincent or Casey asking... Those two would laugh in my face. I sighed, "Fine." My fingers nervously drummed on the table as I tried to find the right words to say. "Yesterday my sister and I came here because she wanted to watch Roxy sing and play with Sun. And since it was my day off, I was pretty tired." Laura nodded along as I spoke. "Freddy remembered, so he said I should rest while Alex was busy in the daycare. So I decided to take a nap in his...," I trailed off awkwardly as she gave me a confused look. "Hiiis... suggested place, which was Parts and Service," I quickly lied. "Long story short, I've just been thinking about that all day."

Laura tilted her head in confusion "About taking a nap in Parts and Service?" I shot her a weird look "No-?" I sighed, "No, about Freddy being all concerned for me."

"Well, isn't he programmed to be the caring type? I've heard other people complaining how much he nags them." I took a sip of the coffee before saying, "Freddy doesn't nag." She let out a short laugh, "Maybe not you, but there's definitely people who find his advice annoying." I hummed in thought while I drank some more coffee. "I mean... Yeah, I guess the whole 'play-by-the-rules' act is a bit annoying," I sais as I recalled the Fazerblast game that I tried to cheat. "From the amount of times I overhear people complaining, it's more than just a bit."

****

I ended up staying inside the break room all day, sitting with my friends when they had their break or making small talk with some of the other employees. Until my Fazwatch beeped, telling me that Foxy needs help. I groaned, not really wanting to see him. But it's literally my job, so I begrudgingly made my way up to Pirate's Cove.

When I got up there, Foxy wasn't hidden behind his stage curtains. With a sigh, I went over to the door of his green room "Are you stuck on the charging station door again?" I walked in, expecting to see the fox with his hook embedded in the charging station.

"Nope! I just wanted to get you here." I turned around to see Foxy closing the door and blocking it with his body. "Now you're trapped here, until ya spill the beans," he said proudly. I rolled my eyes "This is your brilliant idea of getting me to tell you?"

"You're not getting out, not even if you're needed by someone," Foxy replied, not letting my judgment get to him. "I'm sure they can power through whatever they need you to fix."

I realized he was being totally serious "Come on Foxy, we both have work still." He shrugged, "It's almost closing, I'm sure if anyone has a little accident it won't ruin the Pizzaplex or something." I wasn't even thinking that, and now he put that thought in my brain, I started to panic a little. "Okay, I'm serious now. Move out of the way," I said with a stern tone.

"Sure, if you tell me who's the guy," he smirked. "Foxy!"

We stared each other down; him with a confident, almost mocking look. While I glared up at him. Keep a secret and have something bad possibly happen, or just tell him and get teased? I sighed and sat down on the couch of his green room "Fine, I'll tell you." Foxy stayed leaning on the door, motioning me to continue with a nod of his head. I sighed again, nervously grabbing a throw pillow beside me. With a deep breath, I finally said the truth out loud "I've been thinking about Freddy since yesterday. We had a moment and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it."

Before Foxy could say anything, I continued, "And I know you're gonna say that I have a crush on him, or how it's so obvious that I liked him." I looked down at the pillow in my hand and fell onto my side to lay on the couch "But... I've been thinking about this all day. All the teasing you guys do and all the times me and him have spent together." I looked over at Foxy and let out a dry laugh "You were right. I don't know for how long but I did have a crush on him. But now it's different... I can't get him out of my head now." I put the pillow on top of my face when I finished, expecting him to laugh and tease me.