Homemade Upgrades

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I bought what I needed but instead of going back home, I came to the Mega Pizzaplex. What am I doing here on my day off you might be thinking, it's because using the same material that the animatronics use would be the smart thing to do.

'You on break rn?' I sent the text to Johnny, being in the security team has to mean that he knows where they keep old endoskeletons.

'Ye why?'

'Meet me in the utility tunnels'

'U breaking in? 0.o'

I made my way into the building, making sure that none of the animatronics could see me. They rarely come into the lobby but you never know, I snuck past the customers and went into the utility tunnel doors at the far left of the entrance.

****

There Johnny was, chilling at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for me. "So, what are we doing down here?" He asked once I reached him. "I need some materials for a little project I'm working on, so I'm looking for any old endos or S.T.A.F.F. bots that we have lying around."

"Well, you're in luck. 'Cause our dear gator boy loves to fuck up S.T.A.F.F. bots whenever it's closing time," Johnny said as he lead me down the tunnels.

****

Sure enough, Johnny showed me a lot of S.T.A.F.F. bots that were messed up really bad. Now I'm very glad that Monty decided to let it slide when I told him about me trying to get Foxy back. God, he could snap me like a twig if he really wanted to... I pushed aside my frightful thoughts and took hold of one of the broken S.T.A.F.F. bots

The two of us brought as many as we could into my car before he had to go back to work, three whole bots seemed like a good amount so I decided to take my leave and drive back home.

****

Thankfully, Alex was at school and dad was in his room, so nobody was there to question me bringing all of these stuff up to my room. It took a lot of effort, robots the size of humans aren't exactly light after all. But eventually I did get all the things up to my room.

"Phew..!" I collapsed onto my bed to catch my breath "Uugghhh! Why did I do this to my self," I screamed into my bed.

After resting for a couple minutes I started on the project. First things first, I connected the would-be stomach to what's meant to funnel any food that'll be eaten. Connecting all the things was simple enough, the hardest part would be making a functioning tongue.

Freddy's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×
(Earlier)

I looked at my reflection, making sure that my bow tie and hat were on properly. There was a knock at the door before it opened to reveal Roxy, I smiled at her "Good morning Roxanne"

"Hey Freddy, it's your turn now. By the way, Y/N's off day is today so it's some other tech guy," she said before heading back to her room. That's no problem, we've had plenty of routine check-ups before Y/N even started working here. I'm sure nothing will happen.

And nothing did happen, like nothing at all. The technician was silent, scrolling through his phone and chewing bubblegum. Y/N would always try to make conversation with us while we were being examined, whether it be small talk or some stories, it was so quiet that it made me feel a little awkward. But then I realized that every Sunday would be like this, so I shouldn't make such a big deal about a little silence.

****

Finally, it was done. I politely said goodbye to the technician before heading back up to my room, to my surprise, the other's were in there talking. "Man, that guy was a bummer," Bonnie complained. "Tell me about it," Roxanne agreed.

I cleared my throat to get their attention "Hello, people that don't live in this room."

"You miss Y/N too, right Freddy?" Chica asked, completely ignoring what I said. "I didn't! They were annoying, always yapping away," Monty proudly exclaimed. Bonnie rolled his eyes and elbowed him "They're not even here, what are you acting all tough for?" I sighed, "Please don't destroy my room you two."

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I was about halfway through making the program that I would need for the upgrade by the time the clock struck 11 pm. A whole day's worth of work and I've made 30% progress. I sighed and crawled into bed, work starts in a few hours and I seriously need some rest.

Maybe I could bring my things with me tomorrow and just stay holed up in Parts and Service to complete the surprise. Yeah, that'll be the plan.

****

A few hours later my alarm sounded, it's time to get ready for work. Shower, get dressed, pack my things, and prepare breakfast so Freddy doesn't berate me. Maybe I should bring some coffee too... Low sleep plus coffee apparently sounded like a great idea to me so I brought a travel mug full of coffee with me, totally not a bad decision I will regret later today.

But nevermind poor decisions, right now it was time to work. I made it to the Mega Pizzaplex a couple minutes before 6 AM, going over to the daycare to pick up Sun/Moon on the way to Parts and Service. On the way there Sun told me about how boring yesterday was "You're definitely my favorite technician!" I grinned, "Aww, thanks Sunny!"

=================================================
A/N: I know that thought about Monty breaking the bots will be taken in a thirsty way by all the Monty simps so I'm here to clarify that Y/N wasn't thinking in a spicy way, they were thinking in a scared way