Awkwaaaard

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

We were all gathered in the atrium, sitting at one of the long tables meant for parties. It was silent as all the things Vanessa told us started to sink in, all that information, plus what happened last night, it was too much for my poor brain. After I finished processing all that's happened, I asked Vanessa, "Then, are you completely free from his control now?" She looked down at the table in thought, "I honestly don't know... I can't tell if he's really gone, or if he's just hiding."

That answer was less than ideal, lucky for me, Bonnie decided to take the reins. He slammed his hands on the table and stood up, "Hey! Quit it with the doom and gloom attitude, we ruined those mind control things and now you're all back to normal. I'd say that calls for some celebratory pizza, huh?" I smiled at the bunny with appreciation "Yeah, I'm starving! Wanna help me bring in some boxes, Chica?" The chicken looked up, surprised that I called her. "Me?" I motioned for her to follow me "You are the resident pizza expert, after all."

Chica was quiet the whole walk to the kitchen, actually, they'd all been quiet this whole morning. It was starting to get to me. I finally said something once we entered the kitchen, "You know I forgive you, right?" Chica said nothing as she prepared some fresh pizzas. "None of you were in control of your actions last night, and I knew that. So I'm not mad at any of you." I stopped stacking pizza boxes and turned to her with my arms open "So can we please hug, and just go back to normal?"

I almost fell over from how fast she ran to hug me, a second later I could hear her crying loudly over my shoulder. "I'm sooo sorry N/N!" I pat her back comfortingly "Chica, it's okay, really!" Well, I did ask for things to be back to normal. "Please don't be scared of me from now on!" I couldn't help but laugh a little, "Oh honey, you could never scare me."

****

The atmosphere back in the atrium was much more tense, or maybe just more noticeable since me and Chica reconciled in the kitchen. "Yikes, if this is how awkward it's felt for you all morning, I'm sorry," Chica said to me as we came back to the table. I snickered in response as the two of us placed the pizza boxes on the table. "Here we go, celebration/apology pizzas!" I looked around the table when I noticed something "Where's Vanessa?"

"Oh, she left a little bit after you headed to the kitchen since uh...," Bonnie trailed off and motioned to the rest the animatronics. "Oh, right..."

The last thing anyone wants is an awkward meal, but almost getting killed by the very same people you're having breakfast with is kind of an awkward situation. Nobody talked at all, the only thing that could be heard was the sound of us eating, it was driving me crazy. Finally, I had enough. "Listen guys," I sighed. "You guys may not be ready to talk yet, and that's totally fine. But just so you know... I forgive you guys for almost killing me last night." Everyone shifted uncomfortably in their seats but I continued, "You all are my best friends, and I know that you would never want to really hurt me. So until you guys are ready, just know that there's no hard feelings." I was met with silence, which I was honestly expecting, but after a couple seconds, Foxy spoke up, "We... really appreciate that Y/N." The others mumbled and nodded in agreement, which made me smile brightly, at least they were finally acknowledging me.

Slow progress was still progress, so I happily continued eating breakfast. Besides, I was able to at least cheer up Chica, that's a win and a half.

****

I have spent the past week in the Pizzaplex, sleeping, working, and now, almost dying. It's about time I go back home and sleep in a real bed. Plus, some time away from me might just be what the animatronics need to get over what happened. "Make sure you destroy those arcade machines okay? Wouldn't want anything like last night happening again," I instructed Bonnie as I packed up my things from Parts and Service. "Trust me, by the time I'm done with them, those machines will be nothing but tiny little pieces," he bragged. I just rolled my eyes "Thanks tough guy, see ya tomorrow. Oh, and tell the others I said 'bye'!"

My body started feeling tired on the way home, I was definitely gonna end up falling asleep all day once my head touches my pillow. But of course I had to get there first.

I pulled into the driveway and checked myself in the rear view mirror, I didn't want my family seeing any of the injuries I got from last night, especially my arms. Good thing the merch that Vanessa gave me to wear was a long-sleeved color block shirt of the band, it easily covered up the injuries from Monty. As for the scratch from Freddy, that would be harder to hide. "I guess I could just lie," I said out loud as I couldn't think of any other way to hide it.

I trudged into my home, pulling my bag along with me. I entered just in time to see my family about to eat lunch, with a tired smile I greeted them, "Hiiiii." Alex rushed over and hugged me "N/N! You're back!" I gave her a little pat on the head "Yep, I'm back now. I missed ya."

Dad came over and carried Alex into his arms, he also took my bag from me and said, "You go and rest up, kiddo. I can take care of this for ya." With a pat on my back and a little kiss to my head, he sent me up to my room.