Co-Workers, I guess

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Music started to play again, as the band was preparing for a third song, this one sounding more familiar to me. This time it was a real song that the band was covering, 'Believer' by Imagine Dragons.

I looked up at stage with anticipation, curious and excited to hear how it would sound. The beat started, and I tried to get as close as I could. My eyes were practically glued onto the band, I see Freddy take a breath and then...

It felt like I was a little kid again, in awe, watching robots singing and dancing on stage, captivated by how they almost seemed alive. And for the second time in my life, I looked up at Freddy Fazbear, with my heart beating like crazy.

When his eyes locked with mine, I snapped out of my daze. I probably had some kind of dumbfounded look my face while I was staring. Feeling awkward, I smiled at the animatronic, who seemed to smile back. That brought me back from feeling like a little kid, to an adult with extensive robotic knowledge. Well... I guess it would make sense that he could express emotions, after all, the creators of Fazbear Entertainment were said to be mechanical geniuses. "Y/N, you're staring at the floor again," Alex pointed out. I looked up and noticed that the song was ending, which is why Alex didn't need to shout. "Oh, sorry." Whenever I get deep in thought about something, I end up staring at the floor for some reason. "So, now what do you wanna do Alex? Think carefully, because it's the last thing we do before going home"

Alex thought long and hard, and by that I mean for like half a minute. "Aha! Let's meet the band!" "Are we allowed to?" Sure enough, when I checked the map, I saw a place where we could meet them all. "Well ok, then let's get going hm?" I took hold of Alex's hand and we walked towards Rockstar Row.

****

When we got there, I saw many kids all lined up to meet their favorite members. I looked up at the screens above the convenience counter, wow they're expensive. But it does make sense that meeting an animatronic up close would cost a lot...

We got in line, while we were waiting our turn I knelt down to Alex's level "'Lex, I don't have enough money on me to meet everyone so we're gonna have to choose only one person for each of us. Is that OK?" "Aw.... ok, I guess"

"Next!"

I picked Alex up and walked to the counter "One phot pass for...," I trailed off for Alex to chime in. "Roxy!"

"And one photo pass for Freddy, please," smiled at the counter person. Who looked like she hated my guts, but I didn't mind it. I'm sure it's been a long day for her. She gave us our photo passes and waved us away without another word.

I walked down the hall with Alex in my arms, heading for Roxanne's room first. Once we got in that line, I let Alex down and gave her the photo pass to hold. With every kid that came and went, she got more and more excited. Finally, we were at Roxy's door, waiting for the person before us to finish.

The door opened and the person ahead of us left, which caused Alex to run right in. "Alex!" First thing she did was hug Roxy, who was stood awkwardly since Alex was at her feet. I picked her up and flashed an awkward smile at Roxy, "Heh, sorry. She was telling me earlier how she likes you but I didn't think she'd just run right in!" Roxanne laughed and ruffled Alex's hair "It's alright, I like her energy" "Hah, that's not even half of it"

I put Alex back down so she could have her experience with the wolf, this time Roxy was ready and knelt down to her level. "So, you're name's Alex, huh?" Alex smiled brightly and nodded "Ms. Roxy, I think you're really cool and really pretty!" "Aw! I think you're cool too, kid"

Alex let out a big gasp and looked up at me with wide eyes, I smiled at her before she went back to talking to Roxanne. "Can I have a picture with you?" "Sure!" Roxy decided to pick Alex up and have her sit on her shoulder, which made Alex so happy. I pulled out my phone and steadied it to take a good picture of the two, "Say, 'rawr'!" The two of them roared and held their hands up to look like claws.

Before we left her room, Alex made sure to give one more big hug, this time around Roxy's neck. "Bye, bye Ms. Roxy!"

"N/N can I get that picture for my room?"

"Of course you can!"

"Yaaay!"

The line for Freddy's room was much longer compared to Roxy's, I mean he is the face of the company after all. But, it was so long that Alex got tired so I let her sleep in my arms. By the time I got to Freddy's door, she was out cold.

Once it was my turn, the door opened and I walked in. Freddy stood there, beaming. "Sorry, um... Alex here fell asleep while waiting in line." He frowned, "Oh no, I'm so sorry that it took so long. Now the little superstar must be so disappointed..."

"Well... she wasn't really the one who wanted to meet you. N-not that she doesn't *like* you! I mean-" I stumbled over my words which only seemed to confuse Freddy more. "What I meant was, I got the photo pass for me." Freddy looked at me surprised "Is that so?" I nodded, "Yeah, I've been a fan of you ever since I was a kid. Well, obviously not YOU you but- you know what I mean."

Freddy let out a chuckle "Yes, I understand what you mean." "Eheh, good..." He held out his paw "Shall we take a picture now?" "I don't know if I can take the picture with Alex in my arms..." "Not to worry."

He got the phone from my hands and took a picture of us three together, it didn't look half bad. "Thanks for taking the picture, and dealing with the awkward conversation" Another deep laugh came from him, "It was no trouble"

I was about to leave when I remembered that I had something to say to him "Oh, by the way! I'm supposed to be your new coworker this Monday!"