Everybody Gets A Solo

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

This time, Monty was the only one on stage while the rest of us were down in front of him. "Okay, mister rockstar, did you want some music or are you gonna just sing?" I asked as I opened up spotify on my phone. "Gimme your phone, I'll pick the song," he said while reaching his hand out. With a shrug, I handed him my phone. He typed out whatever song he wanted then tossed it back to me, I looked down at my screen with a smile "Okay, ready?" Monty nodded and I hit play, Enemy by Imagine Dragons started.

I already knew that he had a good singing voice, all of them do. Which makes sense because they were literally built for it. Still, it was always nice to hear them singing.

The song finished and we all cheered loudly for the gator. "I'd like to see one of you top that performance," Monty said with a prideful smile. "It's not a contest, Monty," Freddy said. "And if it was, I would totally win," Roxanne chimed as she took the mic from Monty's hand, then she waved Monty off as she took center stage. "Whoo! Go Roxipoo," Chica cheered.

Unlike Monty, Roxy chose to sing without music. "Don't wanna live as an untold story! Rather go out in a blaze of glory!" I recognized the song, Could Have Been Me by The Struts (a.k.a. the song Halsey performed in Sing 2)

Roxanne's performance was much different than Monty's, where you could just admire his singing. Roxy's song choice and way of singing made me feel pumped up, like a burst of confidence was given to me. Probably why she chose to sing it in the first place.

Once Roxy finished singing we cheered for her, even Monty was clapping for her. "Alright, who's next? 'Cause clearly everyone wants to sing," I asked the group. Chica and Bonnie reached their hands out at the same time and even yelled at the same time, "Ooh! Ooh! Me next!" It was like listening to siblings.

Since Roxy was holding the mic, she of course handed it to Chica first. "Biased," Bonnie said with a pout. Meanwhile, Chica decided to sing something that I didn't expect out of her, Bubblegum Bitch by Marina. Weirdly enough, it actually kinda suited her too.

****

Everyone got their chance to sing. As soon as Chica finished, Bonnie went and sang Beggin' by Maneskin. And after him, Foxy got up and sang My Axe by ICP, again, unexpected choice but strangely good sounding.

Once he finished and we applauded him, I looked over to Freddy "Your turn now?" He shook his head with a smile "Oh, no it's alright. You guys can keep singing though."

"Aw come on, Freddy!" Chica cried. Bonnie joined her, "Yeah dude, at least just one song!"

"What, you shy all of a sudden?" Monty commented. Foxy then quietly chimed, "I think I know why~" Freddy turned his head and glared at him, Foxy just kept a smug smile on his face.

"If you really don't want to it's fine," I reassured him. Freddy looked back down at me and seemed to think "Okay, I'll sing," he said with a sigh before taking his mic back.

We cheered and chanted his name as he got up on the stage, and by we, I mean Chica, Bonnie, Foxy, and Roxanne. Before he started though, he motioned Bonnie to come close then whispered something to him. The bunny gave a thumbs-up before holding his hand towards me "Could I borrow your phone, Y/N?" With a shrug, I handed it to him. Bonnie typed in whatever song Freddy asked for and pressed play before giving it back to me. I looked down at the screen to see that it was Let's Groove by Earth Wind & Fire.

With the song choice, it was inevitable that we all ended up dancing along to it. Sneaky bear, choosing such a funky song so everyone would get caught up dancing and not focusing on him. I laughed at the silly thought and kept dancing along as Freddy sang.

"Sing another song! Something not so dance-y," I said once the music stopped. Freddy got bashful and waved his hand "No, I'm sure everyone else wants a turn again!"

"Just pick another song Fazfuck," Monty said loudly. I laughed and immediately covered my mouth "Sorry! It just caught me off guard," I apologized to Freddy while trying to stop my laughter. He just looked back at us unamused. Once I stopped snickering, Freddy sighed and brought the mic back up to his lips.

Take a look around the room
Love comes wearing disguises
How to go about and choose?
Break it down by shapes and sizes
I'm a man who's got very specific taste

Freddy started to sing with no background music now, his deep voice being much more apparent without it.

You-you-you're just my type
Oh, you got a pulse and you are breathing
You-you-you're just my type
Oh, I think it's time that we get leaving
You-you-you're just my type
Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

Bonnie started cheering when he saw Freddy get more into the song by the end of the chorus, I noticed too. His posture was loosening up again and some parts of him were moving along to the song that was playing in his head.

When there's loving in the air
Don't fight it, just keep breathing
I can't help myself but stare
Double check for double meanings
I'm a man who's got very specific taste

Freddy started to hum the instrumental parts in-between lyrics, moving all around the stage now. Getting back that rockstar confidence that he's programmed with.

You-you-you're just my type
Oh, you got a pulse and you are breathing
You-you-you're just my type
Oh, I think it's time that we get leaving
You-you-you're just my type
Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

He started to sing the instrumental part as danced around the stage now, "La-da-da-da, la-da-da-da-dah! La-da-da-da, la-da-da-da, da-da! La-da-da-da, la-da-da-da-dah! La-da-da-da, la-da-da-da-da-da! La-da-da-da, la-da-da-da, da-da!" The sight was somehow both silly and cute at the same time. Then, Freddy looked over at my direction with a smile.

Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
You-you-you're just my type
Oh, you got a pulse and you are breathing

He points a finger-gun towards me with a wink, probably got caught up in the moment. But still, I could feel my cheeks warm up a little.

You-you-you're just my type
Oh, I think it's time that we get leaving
You-you-you're just my type