Direct Approach

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I thought back to what Monty said, about being direct and going for it now. The idea of getting it over with and skipping to a happy relationship with Freddy sounds good, but what if he rejects me? "Ahem, Y/N? You're staring," Freddy said. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him apologetically "Sorry..."

"You don't have to apologize. But you did look upset, are you alright?" A small smile made its way onto my face at his concern "I'm fine Freddy, don't worry. I was just thinking about something I gotta do soon..." I coughed nervously before taking a breath "Um so... when you have time, wanna play some Fazerblast?" Since that little capture the flag game we had, Vanessa told me that Freddy started playing Fazerblast during closing time.

He smiled, "Oh that sounds fun!" My nerves immediately disappeared when he said that, I let out a relieved sigh. I wasn't rejected!

Freddy's ears perked up like he had an idea "Well, I do have a party to attend in the Fazerblast lobby, we could join their game! After all, I would need a team mate to make sure that no one shoots me in the eyes." My smile turned into an awkward one as I said, "Good plan... You just call me when it's time, ahaha." He nodded and left Parts and Service with a smile and a wave. "See you later then!" "Hah, yeah... Bye..."

His door closed and I let out a disappointed sigh. "What the hell was that!?" I jumped at the unexpected voice that came from behind me. From behind the main doors, the heads of Foxy, Chica, Bonnie, Roxy and Monty popped out. "Were you all just watching the whole time?!" I yelled as the group emerged from their hiding spot.

"You realise that *that* wasn't a date," Roxy pointed out, ignoring my question. I face-palmed and groaned, "I know." Bonnie added, "Which means you gotta ask him out again." "I knooow." Chica then said, "And it has to be obvious that you mean it romantically." "I know!"

****

I grumpily made my way to Fazerblast when I got the message from Freddy, once the elevator reached its destination, I put on a smile and walked over to the bear. "Y/N! You're here, great!" I waved at the kids, who were surrounding him, that turned to look at me. "Kids, this is Mx. Y/N. They're here to make sure that I can safely play Fazerblast with you all," Freddy explained to them. What a totally real and not at all half-true reason for me to be here.

While the kids got ready and put on their laser tag gear, I quietly said to Freddy, "So, are you programmed to tell little white lies or is that just something you learned?" He tilted his head and smiled innocently "I didn't lie at all. You're gonna have to protect me anyways, so it was partly true."

"Wow, didn't expect you to bend the truth so easily mister 'no-cheating'," I teased. Freddy's ears folded down and I could hear his fans rapidly spinning as he stuttered out some kind of excuse. I laughed at his flustered reaction and went to prepare for the Fazerblast game.

****

This was gonna be the typical laser tag game, no capture the flag, no 'alien' bots, just the last player standing wins. "You're not gonna just let the kids win, are you?" I asked Freddy as we made our way through the arena. He nervously scratched his cheek, "...Well, I don't want any of them to feel bad." I chuckled and gave him a comforting pat on the arm. "Oh, you big softie." He just sighed in response, to which I laughed at.

The game started and the two of chose to stay where we were, Freddy didn't wanna go after the kids so we were just gonnna wait for them to come to us. I took this as a chance to try asking him out again, "By the way, Freddy?" He looked at me curiously. "About earlier... I actually-"

I was cut off by the sound of kids shooting their Fazerblasters at us, all of which missed us completely. With a frustrated sigh, I went to duck behind one of the walls so I wouldn't get taken out. Meanwhile, Freddy looked like he was enjoying himself. Seeing him this happy, it was hard to stay annoyed, so I just went along and played Fazerblast with him.

It was going pretty good and I was even starting to have fun, until one of the kids shot Freddy in the eye. "Ow!" I gave the bear a worried look before shooting at the kid who did it, making her lose. "Hey! The rules said no aiming for the eyes," I scolded. She pouted but still walked out of the arena like a fair sport.

I turned back to Freddy worriedly and held his face in my hands "Can you see again?" He blinked a bunch of times before answering, "Yes. I'm alright now." I let out a relieved sigh, "Good."

But then I noticed another thing that made me worry, "You're heating up, are you sure you're alright?" He replied quickly, "Y-yes, yes! I'm perfectly functional!"

Before I could ask again, he pulled away from my touch and went back to playing Fazerblast. I flashed a worried look at him but continued to play as well, I trust that he would tell me if something was wrong.

****

"That was pretty fun. Next time though, we should play without you holding back," I said to Freddy as we left Fazerblast. He chuckled, "Yes, we should."

It was just the two of us in the elevator, with a deep breath I asked once more, "Hey so... what I was trying to say earlier, maybe we could go and watch a movie again? You know, when you're not so busy being the star of the Pizzaplex." The elevator doors opened just as I finished, as we walked out Freddy smiled "I'd love that, but tell the others not to pick horror this time!"

Before I could correct him, he left to go entertain some more folks. I sighed to myself, "God dammit..."