Working Hard or Hardly Working?

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

So here I was, eating breakfast at a nearby restaurant, following what an animatronic bear told me to do. Not that I'm complaining, this certainly is better than the Pizzaplex's junk food. I wonder though, did Freddy only act that way because he's programmed to be doting or does he actually care? I got pulled out of my thoughts when I heard my Fazwatch beeping

Wait, huh? I looked down at the device to see what the problem was. Some teens decided to mess with Sun, which ended up with his face getting knocked loose and now it's spinning uncontrollably. "Ugh, kids..." I finished my breakfast quick, and paid of course, before rushing back to the Pizzaplex.

****

I headed over to the Daycare just in time to see a group of teens get kicked out by security, on my way inside I shot them a dirty look. Meanwhile Sun was trying his best to keep his face right-side up, which was honestly a funny sight, some of the kids were giggling at it too. "Don't worry Sunny, I'm here to fix ya," I chuckled.

"Y/N!" He exclaimed as he let go of his face, causing it to turn upside-down. That made the kids laugh, to which Sun giggled with happiness. Nice to see the kids not be as scared of him now.

"Alright, come here goofball," I said while reaching his face. I pulled out a screwdriver from my tool belt and got to work on fixing the mechanism right in the middle of the Daycare, it was an easy fix, no need to use the big Parts and Service device.

In no time, Sun was back to normal. "OK, done! Give us a spin, Sunshine." He went left, right, full spin "Perfect! Thanks friend!" I blew the tip of my screwdriver like how they blow gun smoke in movies, and put it back on my tool belt. "Just doing my job, literally," I flashed him a smile and then left the daycare with a wave.

Not bad for my first ever work emergency! I decided to walk around the Pizzaplex for a bit before going home for the day, in case another incident happens. I decided to go through the daycare gate that leads into Kid's Cove, so I could actually see what it looks like. Aw it's cute, and the cartoon cutouts look great "Hey, little guy," a familiar voice called. I turned around to see Montgomery "Hey Monty, what brings you here?"

"This little place connects to Gator Golf too," he said while pointing behind him. Oh "Sooo, question... how would you feel about having a neighbor living here?" I squeaked. I didn't exactly ask any of them how they felt about me trying to get Foxy up and running. Monty lowered his sunglasses to narrow his eyes at me "Why?" Oh boy... Guess I'd better spill the beans now, I took a deep breath and...

"SoIheardaboutFoxybeingalmostreadyandkeptinthewarehousesincepiratesaren'tcoolanymorebutIreallywantedtohavetheclassicgangtobefriendssoIaskedtohaveFoxyfinishedandit'sbeingapprovedbythebossnow!"

I gasped to catch my breath again after that long rush of words. Monty blinked, trying to process what the hell I just said. "Foxy's coming back?" I nodded nervously "Yyyeahhh..."

"Well, what are they gonna do to the Cove?" I blinked once, twice "You're... not upset?" Monty crossed his arms "Of course I am, but I'm not going to freak out on you. Not while the place is open anyway," he mumbled that last part. "So, what's gonna happen to this little place? Like you said, kids aren't into pirates much." Ignoring that part about him freaking out after hours, Monty had a point, this whole thing started because I said we'd profit off of nostalgia. "Hmmm... a restaurant? All the food places are inside the atrium and that area is loud, so having a cute little pirate restaurant near the daycare and golf course will keep the low vibe. He'd have a little stage like Bonnie does"

Monty hummed, "Sounds good. You know if this job doesn't work out, you could open up your own restaurant." I rolled my eyes "Pft, are you kidding me? This is my dream job and I plan on keeping it as long as I can!" I should tell the boss about my idea, so Foxy can come back for sure. Before leaving though, I ran up to Monty and gave him a big hug "Thanks for the great idea, Monty! I owe you big time!"

****

Meeting with the boss went great, he loved mine and Monty's idea. Soon the old gang would be back together in no time! I hummed a little tune as I skipped to the atrium to get some well deserved pizza, a slice of F/F pizza.

"Y/N!" I was mid-chew when I got called by Freddy "Oh, hi Freddy, " I said with my mouth full and he gave me a pointed look. With a small smile I swallowed the pizza. He still had the angry dad look, with his hands on his hips too. "OK, first of all, I'm not a kid so don't go dad mode on me. And secondly, this isn't breakfast, I ate real food like you said," I sassed. There was a pause before Freddy mumbled with a pout, "I don't act like a dad."

"Pfft, yeah you do, ask anyone and they'll agree," I chuckled. "Then why don't we?" I raised an eyebrow at the question "Let's ask everyone what they think." Suddenly, an idea popped into my head, with a smirk I said, "How about we make this interesting, hm?" Freddy's head tilted "What do you mean?"

"A bet. If a lot of people say you're NOT a dad, then I will bring and eat proper meals in the Pizzaplex for the next two weeks. But, if a lotta people say you are a dad, then I get to add my own little upgrade to you!"

Freddy looked at me with curiosity and a little fear "What kind of upgrade?" I shrugged "I don't know, I haven't thought that far ahead."  Then I reached out my hand "Sooooo?"