Rest Your Head

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

When the two of us entered Freddy's green room, I immediately went for his couch while he went to close the curtains, saying as he did, "You should be able to rest here without getting caught by anyone. Nobody really goes in our rooms but us after all." As I got comfy, surrounded by the many plushies of him on the couch, I teasingly drawled out, "I'm here, does that make me your faaaaavorite?"

Freddy's ears started twitching but he still scoffed, "You really must be sleep deprived." With a smile, I pointed to his head "Mock me all you want, but the ears don't lie." He tried to hide them by putting his paws in front of them while stuttering, "You should get some rest now."

I laid back on the giant Freddy plush that was on the couch with a smile "I can't, I'm too energized now." He rasied a brow at me before tilting his head and speaking with a baby voice, "Want a bedtime story?" I rolled my eyes and threw one of the smaller plushies at him, he giggled as the plush bounced off of him. With me now comfortably laying on his couch, I decided to scroll through my phone since my fatigue was gone.

"Ah, ah ah," Freddy said as he pulled my phone away from me. "I called you here so you can get some rest, remember?" I tried to get it back from him but he raised my phone above his head, away from my reach. "Well, that's your fault for expecting me to actually sleep." With a groan I stood up on the couch to get closer to it, he giggled and moved his hand away whenever I got close to grabbing it. "Freddy, give it back!" He just laughed and moved away from me, "No, go rest already." I glared at him, he was close enough to the couch so I jumped off and clung onto him.

"Y/N!" he exclaimed in surprise. I took advantage of his shock and grabbed my phone from his hand "Aha, got it!" Polished metal isn't exactly a good material to hang off of, I felt myself slowly slipping so I wrapped my arms around Freddy's neck to stay on. "That was dangerous," he scolded. "Aww relax, Fred," I replied with a drawn out tone. "Besides, the worst that could have happened was I could have missed and fell on the floor," I grinned at the bear's concern. "You could have hit your head on the table," he pouted. "Or on the steps to the maintenance door." I chuckled and booped his nose, causing it to squeak. "But I didn't, so chill papa bear."

Freddy groaned, "You are so..." I finished his sentence with a grin, "Annoying?" He sighed, "No. But you do have a way of getting to me." I giggled at the frustration of the usually calm bear, and booped his nose again. I realized that I was still hanging off of him, despite only having one hand hooked around his neck. That's when I noticed the warmth around my hips, Freddy had been holding me up.

"Anyways, you should be careful," he said with a frown, his ears lowered "I just don't want you getting hurt." As I stared into his bright blue eyes, I suddenly felt self-conscious in his arms. My face felt hot as I avoided eye contact with him and mumbled, "Well, I'm not hurt. So stop looking at me like that..." I looked back to see him tilt his head in confusion, he looked cute.

Freddy hummed in thought before scanning me, once he was finished he said, "You really should take a nap now, your face is going red and you're getting warm. Plus, my scan says your heart rate is elevated. You might be catching a cold." He laid me back down onto the couch as I quietly said, "A cold, yeah..."

I settled into the couch while he went to get me a blanket, in the silence between us, I decided to finally say something that's been on my mind, "You know, you don't always need to coddle me. All of you treat me like I'm precious cargo just 'cause I'm human." He draped the blanket over me with a shrug "Well, you take care of us. Not just that, but you also spoil us with unnecessary upgrades and food." His tone then got softer, "Plus... you treat us like we're really alive. It's the least we could do for a friend like you." Freddy softly smiled down at me, the two of us stared at one another in comfortable silence.

He then walked over to the door of his green room "Here, if you're still not feeling sleepy, I know something that will help." I shot him a curious look as he dimmed the lights, his glowing eyes standing out in the dark. "Another feature that they kept from the older versions of me, aside from the squeaky nose," he said the last part with a groan. "I am able to play an old lullaby when it's dark enough."