Almost Over, Right?

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Finally, I was back inside Fazerblast, in the area where kids choose which team color to play. My watch beeped, telling me that I had a message, it was from Bonnie 'Foxy's inside the arena, be careful.' Well, at least now he's being helpful instead of telling me to head back.

I readied my Fazerblaster and carefully entered the laser tag arena, making sure to listen and watch my surroundings closely, but it was difficult with all the bright lights and loud sound effects of the place. Despite all of that, I was able to get to the door leading to the spiral staircase without running into Foxy. But as I entered, a thought came to mind, Bonnie should be in Vanny's room by now, he got a head start after all. So why haven't I heard anything from him about beating the game? Is he just bad at it? I chuckled at that last thought.

As I walked down the hallways, I realized just how dark it was in here. "Was it always this dark, or did Vanny shut off all the lights in here," I mumbled to myself as I walked into the room that held all the power of the Fazerblast arena. "Jeez, it's warm in here... And how have we never blown a fuse before," I said as my eyes looked around the large room.

Carefully, I made my way through, making sure not to trip over or step on any wires. As I did, I thought I could hear the faint sound of metal footsteps. Was it Bonnie? I tapped my Fazwatch and sent him a message, 'Where are you?' There was a couple seconds before he responded, 'YOU DISTRACTED ME AND I DIED! Hurry up here already, maybe you can help.' My eyes scanned his message and realization kicked in, those footsteps weren't his, and they were definitely getting closer.

I crouched down and turned off my flashlight to stay hidden from whoever was coming, there weren't exactly many hiding places for me so the next best thing is to sneak past undetected. I stayed in place to let my eyes adjust to the darkness, when the familiar sound of a roll-up door opening caught my attention. Metal footsteps walked through slowly and I heard the door close behind whoever came in, I became very aware of every sound I made as I tried to move away from the source of the footsteps. "I am sorry but, guests are not allowed back here," said a voice that I haven't heard all night.

My breath hitched as Freddy walked closer to where I was standing earlier, the faint glow of his eyes lighting up what direction he looked at. Every time he would start moving, I would go the opposite way, and whenever he stopped, I would duck behind the various electrical devices in the room. "Y/N, where are you?" A shiver crawled up my spine upon hearing my name, I crawled further away from the animatronic and accidentally activated the roll-up door where he came from, the loud sound of it opening surprised the two of us. "There you are!"

I scrambled to my feet and ran to get away from the bear, not caring about the security bot patrolling the way. The ground beneath me shook as Freddy chased after me, my hands gripped the railing as I reached the spiral staircase and used it to pull myself forward. "There's nothing to be scared of little cub, I am here to help," I could hear him close behind me. As quick as I could, I pulled my Fazerblaster out and shot at his eyes. Freddy stopped in his tracks as he growled in pain. "Sorry Freddy!"

My legs were tired from running the whole way up, once I was at the top of the staircase I paused to catch my breath. At the other end of the catwalk, I saw Bonnie playing the last Princess Quest. With a relieved smile, I made my way to him but was stopped by claws grabbing onto the back of my shirt "Where do you think you're going?" My eyes widened at the familiarity of the situation "I am NOT gonna get captured all over again!" I pulled at the already ruined sleeves of my button-up shirt, ripping it and escaping Freddy's grasp.

Bonnie's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

My eyes perked up when I heard Y/N's voice shouting, I turned away from the game to see them on the catwalk in their undershirt, facing off against Freddy. "Y/N?! Don't worry, I'm coming!" Before I could move they yelled back, "No! You already know the game, it'll only take longer if I play. Finish it already, I can handle Freddy." The sound of my character getting damaged pulled my attention back to the arcade machine in front of me, I quickly glanced over at Y/N one last time, they stared at Freddy with a Fazerblaster in hand. "Stubborn little fuck...," I mumbled to myself before focusing on the game again. I had to win this time.

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I just had to keep Freddy busy until Bonnie finished the game, that shouldn't be too hard, right? I watched as Freddy looked at the scraps of cloth in his hand before he dropped what remained of my shirt. "Once this is all over, Vanessa owes me a new shirt," I joked to try and  ease my own nerves. Freddy stared back at me with cold blue eyes, then he looked lower and his eyes seemed to soften "You're injured, Y/N. Let me help," he said as he reached a paw out. I almost laughed "See... that would have worked if you didn't just try to grab me a couple moments ago." Freddy's soft look turned cold again as he let his paw drop to his side "Don't make this harder than it has to be, little one," he said as he approached me.