Back to Normal

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Freddy nervously stepped out of the cylinder once the machine finished its inspection, to ease his mind I got the tupperware again and offered him another cookie. With a small smile he got one from the container "Thank you..." I handed the whole container to him saying, "Here, you can hold it while I clean you so you won't worry. Get as many as you want."

So there I was, polishing Freddy up while he ate cookies like a little kid. Once I reached his back, I noticed his little tail wagging rapidly from the cookies. Be strong, Y/N. Now's not the time to gush over how cute it is. And so I continued on cleaning him, from toe to head. Once I reached his upper body it got harder to do, since he had to move his arms a certain way so I could properly clean him. "Sorry Freddy, but do you mind putting the tupperware down for this? I'm gonna need you to move around and I'd rather not have any fallen cookies to deal with."

Reluctantly, he agreed and placed the tupperware onto the table. If I wasn't so busy focusing on polishing him up, I would've noticed just how tense he got now that his little distraction is gone. Once I got to cleaning his faceplate, that's when I lost focus. While I polished his face, my eyes were drawn to his. He was staring at something.

Only when I finished and moved away from him did I realize just what he was staring at. Before I could get far, he stopped me by placing a hand on my cheek, my heart started beating really fast. Definitely softer than when he was being controlled. I felt his fingers gently glide over my skin, then felt his thumb move down a certain path. The cut.

(Removed the drawing that I put here because if I have to be reminded of how bad it looked one more time I'm gonna give up on my animation degree and kms)

I placed my hand over his with a reassuring smile "I'm okay, Freddy. It didn't hurt." He still had a frown on his face as his thumb kept ghosting over it. "I'm sorry... I am truly sorry, my dear..." He looked so sad, it broke my heart. I took hold of both of his hands "Like I said before, you were being controlled and it wasn't your fault." He still looked guilty. "Don't worry, I forgive you papa bear," I said with a chuckle at the end. I could see he smiled a little at the silly nickname. "Now then, wanna help me finish the rest of the cookies?"

****

Maybe I should add 'conflict resolution' to my list of special skills, because I just fixed all my friendships with the people who tried to kill me. Then again... I won't be leaving for another job anytime soon, not when things are starting to look up. I'm working my dream job, uncovered a company secret, befriended my favorite childhood characters, I basically completed my childhood dreams! The only thing that I didn't accomplish was becoming Freddy Fazbear's partner. I giggled to myself, remembering my silly little crush on the old bear.

"What are you laughing at, weirdo?" A familiar voice said from behind me "Ah, Vincent. Always a pleasure." I stepped out of his way to the soda machine once I got my Fizzyfaz "And if you must know, I was just remembering a silly dream I had as a kid," I said before cracking open the soda and taking a drink. "Psh, it can't be any more ridiculous than wanting to work with robots made for children."

My Fazwatch started to beep while I was mid-sip, I held up my wrist so I could read the thing as I drank. "Seriously? Just stop drinking if you wanna read the message," I heard Vincent say. I just ignored him and continued trying to read the Fazwatch while I drank, it was from Chica, her 'stomach' was full.

"Ah," I sighed once I finished my soda. "Welp, duty calls. See ya, Vince." With a wave goodbye, I left the break room, but not before throwing my empty Fizzyfaz into the trash.

****

Chica laid on the examination table while I worked on emptying out her 'stomach', since this was a custom upgrade, the Parts and Service machine was turned off and the safety cylinder was unlocked. "Maybe I should teach you guys how to do this on your own, that way you won't need to call me everytime," I said as I threw the chewed up food into the trash. "Aw, but then what excuse would we have to see you?" I rolled my eyes at her, "You can see me anytime you want."

Once her artificial stomach was back into place, I closed up her casing "All done! Now, please don't fill it up so quick this time." She hopped off the table with a smile "Thanks, Y/N! Now excuse me, I have a birthday to attend." I waved goodbye to the chicken as she rushed out the door.

Just as I was dusting myself off, I heard one of the utility doors at the back of the room. I turned around to see Monty with his foot raised "Some brat threw a tantrum when he lost a golf game," he growled. I couldn't help but laugh, "I told you that you should go easier on the kids." He just huffed in response as he made his way to the machine.

I took a close look at what happened, that kid must have been super mad because he knocked loose the joint connecting Monty's foot and leg. "Hm, this shouldn't be too hard. It's just a little boo-boo," I said while I patted his knee. "I almost tripped like, three times on the way here." I let out a chuckle as I readied the machine to realign his foot into place "You poor thing, want a lollipop for being so strong?"  "Screw you."