It's Back To Work

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

The sound of my alarm ringing woke me from my dreamless sleep. "Once I wake up, it's back to being an adult," I sighed to myself before getting up and going to do my morning routine.

I looked at myself in the mirror, making sure that I look presentable for the grand reopening of the Pizzaplex. "Perfect," I said to myself before running down to the kitchen and grabbing a piece of toast for breakfast. It'd be like an anime if it weren't for the fact that I take my car to work.

****

As I entered Parts and Service I happily greeted the fox, "Morning Foxy! Ready for your official first day?" He dusted off himself off with a smirk "I was born ready!" I walked up to the console that controls the PaS machine "That's great, but we still need to run diagnostics on you before you get up to Pirate's Cove. And this is a daily thing too so...," I explained to him as I pressed the buttons.

As for everyone else's check-ups, they all went smoothly. We talked about how excited they must be to get back to work while the machine ran diagnostics. The band were all happy to be performing again, and everybody missed the kids in their own way.

****

Before any customers were in, I made sure to lead Foxy to his stage in Pirate's Cove. "We've been there before, no need to walk me there like a child," Foxy said as we made our way. "Yeah, yeah. But there's a part that you haven't seen yet," I smiled up at him.

The back of the stage was covered by a curtain, but if you pull it to the side there's a door there. A door that leads to a small room with a charging station, a standing mirror and a small sofa in the corner. "Welcome to your room Foxy! No more staying down in Parts and Service for you," I exclaimed with a smile. He smiled back and gave me a big hug, the kind where I'm helpless in his arms as he shook me around. "I love it!" "Foxy I'm getting dizzy! I didn't even do anything," I laughed.

****

With it being the first day back in business, I decided to stay in the Mega Pizzaplex until closing. The band were told to have a special welcome to mark the grand opening of Pirate's Cove, which, obviously will mean a loud and rowdy audience. As fun as it would be to see them perform, I chose to stay in the much quieter break room. At least I could still hear them, just muffled.

"Well, well, fancy seeing you in here," Laura said as she entered the room. I shrugged, "It's a big day, thought it would be best to stick around until closing time." She grabbed a soda before pulling up a seat next to me "So, remember that whole 5 kids publicity thing?" I nodded as I recalled the news segment that I watched before the whole two week construction period. "I heard they'll be coming around Saturday," she said before taking a drink. "Hmm, 5 days 'till the party huh?" I thought out loud. Laura nodded "Mhm, and considering the last time that 5 kids were associated with Freddy Fazbear's, I think Scott's gonna have you keep a close eye on that day." I rolled my eyes at her "Come on, those were just rumors." "Maybe. Nothing was ever proven in court after all," she said in a tone meant to scare me.

The two of us talked until her break ended and she had to go back to waiting tables. Meanwhile, I decided to check on Foxy now that the welcome wagon was over.

****

I swerved past customers running around the arcade floor before finally making it to Pirate's Cove, there were a bunch of families eating inside and I saw a small audience of kids around Foxy's stage as he was performing. I smiled at the sight, at least there's still some kids that are into pirates. Since I saw no problems, I took my leave, even waving to Music Man on my way to the elevator. The DJ is a special case so I never have to do anything with him, good thing too because handling an animatronic that big seems impossible for one person.

On the ride down, I received an alert from my Fazwatch saying that Bonnie was having problems with his hand. I sighed to myself, "Bet it's because of bowling." Looking at where he was, my Fazwatch showed him to be in the bowling alley. "Called it," I said as I got off the elevator.

Bonnie was sat on his stage in the diner holding his wrist. "Heh, hey Y/N." I took hold of the hand that was had issues and examined it closely "Wait a second, is this milkshake?" I asked. "Yeah, a kid spilled some when he came up to hug me."

"Why didn't you just say that," I groaned as I pulled him with me to Parts and Service. Problems caused by food or drinks are much harder and are also bit dangerous so I usually take them down to the Parts and Service machine to fix those.

****

Finally, it was closing time. Oddly enough, Foxy was the least of my work today. I said goodbye to all of the animatronics before I actually headed out.

On my way, I bumped into Vanessa "I'm guessing you're not too thrilled about going back on the night shift?" She just shrugged in response, "It was nice being able to sleep normally for a while." I gave her a pat on the shoulder before leaving "Well, good luck Ness. And goodnight," I sang the last part as I waved goodbye.

"Goodnight, Y/N."

=================================================
A/N: BTW prepare yourselves emotionally for the next chapter y'all~