Just Watching

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

It's been about 2 and a half weeks since that night, things between the animatronics and I good and my injuries have fully healed by now. The puncture wounds on my arms are nothing more than marks now and the scar on my cheek isn't even noticeable, I can only see it if I tried to look for it. Sometimes, I could spot Freddy staring at my cheek, and I wonder if he's looking for it or if he knows exactly where it is.

"Thanks for fixing my hand N/N!" Sun beamed. Oh right, I was in the middle of doing a quick repair on Sunny's fingers. "No problem, bud. Just ease up on the glitter glue next time," I said with a smile as I put my tools back in my belt. He giggled, "No promises, Y/N." And ran back to some kids who were playing in the ballpit. He acts like such a kid, it's hard to think that he's meant to be a caretaker. I walked out of the daycare while humming it's song, wondering if I should hang out at home for the rest of the day until I'm needed again. "Hmmm, I'm not really in the mood to drive back home though..." I decided to instead, walk around the Pizzaplex and just watch the animatronics while they worked. Sure, I could have stayed with Sunny, but he probably would have asked me to play with him and the kids.

I took a stroll through the Gator Golf area since it connected to the daycare, passing by families and other patrons that were having fun playing golf, but no sign of the gator himself. He's probably attending a birthday party or something. I made my way out of Monty's area and into the main atrium, at the center was a large group of kids and grownups alike, clearly a big family was having a birthday party.

I didn't want to intrude, of course, so I made my way up to the second level of the atrium. I wonder who's gonna be the special guest? My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of cheering kids from the floor below. I leaned on the railing and looked down to see who showed up, the sight of bright orange already telling me who it was.

A smile came to my face as the bear greeted the customers happily, it's been a while since I've seen him in his element. Three, two, one, and... Right on time, Freddy opened his stomach hatch to reveal an oversized birthday cake, the kids all admired the giant dessert as he pulled it out of his stomach. He had a close-eyed smile as he put the cake down on the table, even from up here, I could see his ears wiggling. "Cute," I giggled to myself. Freddy then put his finger close to the cake, I recalled the first time I found out about his lighter feature. It was also during a birthday, I was just passing by and saw his finger flick open, later that day I kept bugging him to show it off so I could get a better look at it.

*beep beep*

I looked down at my Fazwatch to see who/what needed my attention, Roxy was down at the raceway and needed me for a quick look at her joints. She always wants to be in top condition, even when I tell her that everything is working fine, so she calls me over whenever she has free time.

I made my way back down to the lowest level of the atrium, doing my best to go unnoticed by the birthday party happening. Of course Freddy spotted me, all the animatronics doubles as security too, so it makes sense, I just smiled and waved at him as I headed over to where Roxy was.

Freddy's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

"Hey there kids!" I turned around to see Bonnie approaching us, the kids all called his name upon hearing his voice. "Hi Bonnie," I said with a small wave. "What brings you here?" Some of the kids started flocking to him, trying to get his attention. "I came to save my best friend from all these tiny hands!" Bonnie patted some the kids heads "We're not tiny!" One of them said with a smile. Bonnie chuckled, "Yeah you are. That's why you guys need to eat a lot so you can get big and strong like me and Freddy!"

As the kids got called by their parents to eat, I looked at Bonnie curiously "So...," I started once I was sure that the kids were out of earshot "What are you really here for? You don't usually use your free time to crash parties." He quirked a brow at me "That's some harsh wording, Fred. I didn't CRASH the party." I hummed, purposefully annoying him, "By definition, you did." Bonnie just rolled his eyes at me, "Yeah, yeah wise guy." "Hehehe."

"Anyways...," he interrupted my chuckling. "I just came over to let you know that your little superstar was watching you earlier," Bonnie finished with a smirk. My head tilted in confusion "Y/N?" His smile grew, "I never said who~" I could feel myself heat up as I stuttered, "I-it was just a guess... You said superstar s-so I assumed-"  "Calm down bud, you're so easy to fluster," He laughed. "You-! Are such a menace..."

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I left Roxy Raceway and headed back to the atrium to continue what I was doing. Wait a sec... why am I going back to watch Freddy? I didn't have time to dwell on that thought because I came back just in time to see Freddy arguing with Bonnie who was laughing at him. Even without knowing what the two were talking about, I couldn't help but chuckle at how exasperated Freddy looked.

Bonnie must have noticed me because he pointed to my direction, I waved at the two as Freddy turned around. He looked surprised, as if he didn't believe that I was standing here, but then sheepishly waved back.

I was about to approach them but a group of kids came running to the two, seems like that birthday party was still going. The kids started trying to climb the two animatronics, Bonnie was laughing while Freddy looked worried as the kids played. "Oh, that poor old bear's heart," I laughed.