Wow, What A First Day

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I walked up to the building that was faintly lit up with neon, the Mega Pizzaplex sure looks different this early. It was 5:50 AM right now, better to be early than late after all. "Now... what the heck do I do?" I thought aloud as I looked at my Fazwatch "So, everyone's inside their rooms in Rockstar Row now. Except Sun, of course."

With a smile, I used my newfound badge to walk right through the place. I looked around at the normally active lobby, the lights were on but the only 'people' were the S.T.A.F.F. bots "Why the heck is there power on when the Pizzaplex is closed?"

"Oh yeah, a giant building filled with robots and security systems needing the power on? Crazy." The scream I let out was practically inhuman, I'm almost sure that any dogs nearby are in pain because of it. I spun around to where the voice came from and saw a blonde lady in guard uniform, she was staring at me, looking like she was in pain.

"S-sorry... you just scared the crap out of me"

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure you almost deafened me"

The lady sighed, "You must be the new technician." I nodded, still embarrassed about what just happened "I'm Y/N" "Vanessa. I'm the night guard, just me and no one else"

"Really? Yikes..."

"Mhm, so forgive me for not exactly leaping with joy at having a new hire," Vanessa's tone was dripping with sarcasm.

The sound of loud metal footsteps approaching interrupted the very awkward conversation, I looked to see the whole band and Sun running out to where me and Vanessa are.

"What the hell was that?" Monty yelled. "Language," Sun quietly said. "Officer Vanessa, are you ok?" Freddy asked.

"I-I'm really sorry for scaring you all...," I finally spoke. "That was me, Vanessa just surprised me and I got super scared because I thought I was alone." There was a second of silence with everyone staring at me, it was the longest second of my life. "...I'm the new technician by the way... Yaaaaay.."

Ugh, in a building full of robotic entertainers and somehow I'm the weirdest person here. Greeaat start

I felt something big and warm touch my head, it was a paw, specifically Freddy's. "Well, you did the right thing by alerting other people when you thought you were in danger," he smiled.

"If you could call it that," I heard Monty mumble before he got elbowed by someone. I didn't see who though because I was looking up at Freddy. The gentle tone he used and the kindness of his words were so touching.

I shook my head and cleared my throat once I realized I was staring "Uh... ahem. I -um- think I should start now, " I nervously said.

I heard Vanessa sigh before she grabed my hand pulled me along with her "Come on, I'll show you to Parts and Services."

****

"Sorry again about the whole scream thing..." "You really like apologizing, huh?"

"Sor-" I stopped myself. "Let me make it up to you instead" That seemed to catch her attention "How?" "Buy you dinner?" She hummed in thought, "Make it breakfast, after you finish with these bots." I smiled "Deal"

"You always get food for people you just met?"

"Only if I embarrassed myself"

Despite the rough start the two of us had, Vanessa started to lighten up. She was pretty fun, plus, she's probably going to be the person I spend the most time with since she's also here before the Mega Pizzaplex actually opens.

Once we got there, Vanessa showed me around, explained to me what she knew about the place and it's equipment. Looks like they made things easy to use for any of the employees to make repairs and upgrade. That's pretty smart, or cheap, depending on how you look at it. "You get familiar with the place, while I get your first patient," Vanessa joked before going up through one of the doors.

Aside from the cylinder in the middle of the room, the place was a mess. Hmmm, I don't think anyone would mind if I spruced the place up. But for now, I'll take a look at how to use the cylinder room. Kinda funny how this big, advanced operating system is controlled by a tiny, grime covered computer. I pressed a button and a chime came out from the computer, then a voice from above spoke, "Welcome to Parts and Service." The screen shows a list of upgrade procedures, meaning the last thing someone did with this was upgrade one of the animatronics. Looking up from the little computer, I could see some blueprints on the wall behind the cylinder. I went to take a closer look, leaving the Parts and Service control on. "Roxy's eyes, Monty's claws, and Chica's voicebox. I wonder what upgrades Bonnie and Freddy will get..."

The sound of beeping made me look down at my Fazwatch, a message loaded in. Multiple in fact, about the upgrades the others got. "Damn, hopefully the other two's upgrades don't cause as much issues as everyone else's," I said to myself while I read through what the other employees reported.

The sound of metal footsteps coming got my attention, I looked up as one of the doors opened to see the smiling face of Bonnie "Knock, knock. I'm here for my check up doc!" I chuckled and motioned him to follow me "Alright, hop up on the table thing Bon"

****

Things went by smoothly, none of them had any problems so far. I was almost done with the check ups, Freddy was the last one left. Right now, I was finishing up with Sun. "Alright sunshine, you're all good now!"

He smiled brightly "Thanks, Y/N!" "You can send in Freddy on your way back to the daycare" "Oh wait!"

I looked up at Sun who was still sitting on the table, he looked skittish. "There's actually one more person, new friend..." Oh? "Who?" "Um... I think I'll just show you" He then stood up and went over to the light switch, I just stared at him as he turned off all the lights. The only source of light in the room now was the safety cylinder, it was just bright enough for me to see Sun change.

His sunray things retracted and the left side of his face rotated until it was all black, except for the glowing red eye. I watched in awe at the transformation as Sun disappeared and -who I'm guessing is- Moon showed up. "Good evening," said a voice that definitely wasn't Sun's

"Do you... know who I am?" Moon nodded "The two of us share memories, so he knows what I know, and I remember what he remembers" Fascinating!

"That's amazing! Well, hop on then Moony," I motioned to the cylinder and went back to the console that controls it "You're much nicer than people normally are," Moon commented. I just shrugged "All of you are made to care for kids, so I know you mean well. It's just that Sun, and I'm assuming, your way of doing things is a little too intense for the kids" Moon simply giggled in response