Getting There

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I took Freddy's words to heart and stopped working myself to the bone, that bear's got a weird hold on me, always getting me to take better care of myself whenever he asks. But, pushing that revelation aside, because of him Bonnie's repairs have gone smoother. Some of the old problems that were tripping me up, were making sense now that I was well-rested and eating good.

"Plus, I heard from Scott that his casing will arrive soon! Isn't that great Monty?" I grinned at the gator as I finished telling him about Bonnie's progress. "That's awesome, Y/N." I happily nodded as he exited the safety cylinder "Good thing Freddy's worry-wart attitude helped speed it up," I chuckled as I pressed some buttons on the console, readying it up for the next animatronic's check-up. "It did?" Monty asked slowly "Mhm. But he had a point, I think if Bonnie were up he'd lecture me too about how I was acting," I laughed fondly at the thought.

Everyone was in good shape, the machine saw no problems with them and neither did I. Once all of them had finished their inspections, I got back to working on Bonnie.

Freddy's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

"Hey... Freddy," I heard Monty's voice call me. I was on my way to one of the party rooms, I'm supposed to appear as a special guest for someone's birthday. "Yes, Monty?" I stopped to look back at him, he looked down and took off his shades "Y/N told me how you helped them, and how they're doing better now," he said as I looked down at his glasses. "That's good. Listen, I need to-" He cut me off with a shout, "What I'm saying is I'm sorry."

Monty finally looked me in the eyes "Y/N's my friend too, and if I knew how much this whole thing affected them.... Well, I don't think I'd be able to forgive myself if something bad happened to them too," he grumbled. I smiled at him softly "I'm sorry too Monty, what I said was completely uncalled for." I approached him and held out my hand, he looked at it for a moment before we shook hands "Now, hurry up already! Freddy Fazbear can't be late to a kid's birthday," he barked, that old tough-guy attitude of his returning.

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I looked over the bare endoskeleton and then at the plans laid out on the table next to it, making sure that I built everything accurately. "Okay... I think this is all correct," I said to myself as I finished my double checking. "Alright, now let's see if you'll wake up this time." I reached to turn him on but was interrupted by my Fazwatch going off, I groaned and went to look at the little screen. Foxy's jaw is stuck open.

As I made the long journey to Pirate's Cove a thought came to mind "Why didn't they include an elevator to Parts and Service when they built the damn place," I complained. I got there to see the curtains on the stage were closed and Foxy was nowhere to be seen, meaning he must be in his room. I climbed up the stage and walked through the curtains only to bump into the pirate fox himself, he was just sitting there.

"Ahoy Y/N," he said with a wave. His voice box worked fine even if his jaw was wide open, it just helps them look alive to move their jaw when they talk. "I thought you were in your room, you know it's much creepier for you to be just sitting in here with your mouth open like that," I said as I got up close to the mechanism that moves his jaw. "I don't know, I just feel more comfortable here," he shrugged. "Well, you do you," I replied. "Try closing it now?" Foxy opened and closed his mouth a few times before smiling at me "Thanks for fixin' me up, N/N." I gave him a pat on the head before taking my leave "Anytime captain, see ya!"

On my way back to Parts and Service my Fazwatch beeps again, only this time it was a message from Scott "Bonnie's casing will be here by Saturday night. We can close on Sunday that way you'll have the time to finish his repairs, I expect that he'll be back performing on Monday."

****

Once I was back in Parts and Service, I quickly looked over the endoskeleton and his blueprints again, just to be sure. "Okay Bonnie, lets try this again," I mumbled to myself as I reached to turn him on. "I hope you're still in there..."

A minute passed, I could see his insides starting up and I could hear the sound of his body slowly coming to life. Then silence again, and for a couple of seconds I stared. Please, please, please wake up...

Bright pink eyes opened and suddenly I felt hard metal fingers around my arm, holding me tightly, too tightly, I tried to pull away. "Ow, ow ow! Bonnie it's me! It's Y/N!" I cried out in pain. I felt his grip on me tighten even more. "Bonnie!" Calling his name did nothing, so I used my other hand to turn him off again. He seized up before shutting down again, his hand was still wrapped around my arm but at least now I could move his fingers off of it.

I held my aching arm close to me, luckily nothing was broken but it was definitely going to bruise. "I need to check that head of yours, something's not right...," I hissed in pain.

Obviously I wasn't in the mood to get back to work, so instead I got myself an ice pack for my arm and a snack to eat. Once I was calm again, I headed back to Bonnie, ready to take a look in that advanced code of his to see what went wrong.