Sing Your Heart Out!

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Last night wasn't just a one time thing, oh no sirree! Every night when the construction crew leaves, I sneak in and stay the night, then leave at 6 AM. Will I be doing this for the whole 2 week period? Maybe, depends on how tired I get as the nights go on.

Tonight, Foxy and I met the rest of the animatronics at the main stage area. Taking the stage elevator up to meet them.

"Whooo! Sing a song for us Y/N!" Bonnie yelled from the audience area once the stage elevator reached the top. "First of all, how'd you all get here before us? The elevator isn't THAT slow! And secondly, there's no mic here, so hah!" My smug smile immediately got wiped when he pulled out Freddy's mic from behind him "Good thing I grabbed this before we left Rockstar Row~" Oh, me and my big mouth...

"I mean... it would be nice to hear you sing out loud," Chica said. "Oh crap, you guys could hear me?" Usually when I work, I tend to sing songs to pass the time. Whenever the animatronics come by for maintenance or cleaning, I hum or whisper instead of singing loudly. "Ya got a nice voice Y/N, I should know, we sang together after all!" Foxy reassured me with a pat on the back.

"Well..." I got the mic from Bonnie "Any requests?"

Freddy's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Y/N asked with a sheepish smile, "Any requests?" Foxy was about to speak before he got cut off by Y/N saying, "I'm not gonna sing a sea shanty." He glared at them "That wasn't what I was gonna suggest at all! I'm not just all pirate-themed, ya know," Foxy exclaimed with his arms crossed. "I was gonna say to start with a song ya like, somethin' that'll be easy for you ta sing with no worries."

"Okay, yeah that is a good suggestion," Y/N apologized with a smile. They took a deep breath and tapped on the mic before starting to sing.

Days seem sometimes as if they'll never end
Sun digs its heels to taunt you
But after sunlit days, one thing stays the same
Rises the moon

I don't know what I was expecting, but I know it wasn't a soft song like this. They started off shaky but by the last line they got more confident.

Days fade into a watercolour blur
Memories swim and haunt you
But look into the lake, shimmering like smoke
Rises the moon

Oh-oh, close your weary eyes
I promise you that soon the autumn comes
To darken fading summer skies
Breathe, breathe, breathe

Days pull you down just like a sinking ship
Floating is getting harder
But tread the water, child, and know that meanwhile
Rises the moon

Days pull you up just like a daffodil
Uprooted from its garden
They'll tell you what you owe, but know even so
Rises the moon

You'll be visited by sleep
I promise you that soon the autumn comes
To steal away each dream you keep
Breathe, breathe, breathe

"Wow Y/N, you almost put us to sleep with that one," Roxanne said with a yawn. "Yeah, know anything more upbeat?" Bonnie asked. At that, Y/N smiled. Seems like they're feeling much more confident now "I do, actually!" They pulled out their phone and started to type something "But I think this one could use some background music..."

They had a big smile on their face before they started to sing. This time they were actually adding in theatrics, feeling much more confident in really performing. "You could say my hat is off to you," they sang while bowing to us, their audience.

The song started to get to the chorus and that's when Y/N really went all out, jumping and spinning on stage. "I'll be your one-up girl!" They pointed at me with a wink. I'm sure it was all just part of their dancing, but I still felt my cheeks warm up.

Bonnie elbowed me with a teasing smirk, I rolled my eyes and looked away from his smug face. The instrumental played and everyone cheered as Y/N just danced with the music, even dragging Foxy along with them.

The next verse started and they came down the stage, still singing and dancing around us. "You know that any captain needs a crew!" They pointed up to Foxy who was still up on the stage.

"Come on and jump up in the air!" They pointed the mic to Chica for her to echo "Jump up in the air!"

"Jump without a care!" Y/N then pointed it to Roxanne "Jump without a care!"

"Jump up 'cause you know that I'll be there!"

They ran over to Monty with a smile "And if you find you're short on joy" Even he couldn't help but to echo the words "Find you're short on joy"

Y/N made their way over to me and Bonnie "Don't fret, just don't forget that-" The two poked my chest with a smile as they harmonized "You're still our one-up boy!"

They made their way back to the stage for the rest of the song, sitting on one of the steps as it finished. We all cheered as the music stopped.

"Wow, Y/N maybe you should quit being a technician and join the band instead!" Roxanne exclaimed. "Perform in front of judgmental families or hang out in the employee rooms with my friends? Hmmm, such a difficult choice," Y/N replied with sass. "Anyways, that's two songs from me. I wanna hear you guys now," they said as they held the mic out for one of us to take.

Monty grabbed it out of their hands with a grin "Let me show you how a real rockstar does it!" Y/N stood up with a stretch "Oh boy, everyone off the stage I guess. Time for Monty to run the show."