Oh No...

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

On the day that was meant to be my day off, I got a call at around 7 AM. Any amount of sleepiness I had was gone when I picked up the call to hear a frantic and worried Scott, telling me to hurry over to the Mega Pizzaplex right now. I never heard him so frazzled, I got ready and rushed over there, no questions asked.

I entered the building to see Scott pacing at the doors, he looked up at me with furrowed brows when I came in. "What's wrong?" He just motioned for me to follow him down to Parts and Service. On the way there, he explained, "Some employees found Bonnie inside Monty Golf. He was all broken; arm ripped off,  face smashed in, bits of his casing broken up." I couldn't believe the graphic description until the door to Parts and Service opened up to reveal Bonnie's mangled body slumped over on the floor. I gasped and ran over to him to get a closer look. "He's shut off now, when they found him they said he was making so much unintelligible noise." I balled my hands into fists to keep myself from yelling at Scott for his cold words. "Some of them are suggesting that Monty was the cause."

That's where I snapped, "He wouldn't do this." Sure he had some anger issues, but he wouldn't hurt anyone, never! Scott paid no mind to my outburst and continued, "Management is reluctant to get him fixed since we already have two guitarists in the band, Bonnie was pretty much just kept around so the original trio was complete. Plus, he's not exactly-" I cut him off, "I'll fix him. Just tell them to get me his casing and I'll handle the rest."

Scott didn't argue with me and did exactly what I asked of. All I really needed was his casing, any other specially made materials he had, I could just salvage from some broken old S.T.A.F.F. bots in the Pizzaplex.

I was about to go back home to pack my stuff, after all, if I wanted him fixed up quick I'm gonna need to spend all my free time on him. My eyes landed on the doors leading to the band's green rooms, someone had to tell them, and I wasn't gonna let some cold, unfeeling employee break the news to them.

We gathered in Rockstar Row, I called them all out of their rooms and called Foxy down from Pirate's Cove. "Y/N? Isn't it your day off," Roxy asked. I sighed, "Uh, yeah, it is but... something happened. An emergency." They started to look concerned, I took a deep breath before continuing, "Bonnie's... out of order. They found him broken, inside the golf course..." Everyone was silent, they all looked at Monty who's expression I couldn't see behind his glasses, but his posture was enough to tell me he was upset. "I'll make sure to fix him up as fast as I can!" I stammered but was interrupted by Monty, "Let me see him."

"Montgomery are you sure that's..." We all looked at him in concern "Let. Me. See." I nervously looked at the others before nodding "...Okay, follow me."

The others stayed behind, obviously not wanting to see their friend in pain. "They shut him off, so I don't know if he'll be able to hear you," I warned the gator as we made our way there. He was silent, I've never seen him so reserved. I opened the door for him and winced at the sight before us, Monty ran to his side immediately. I didn't want to be intrusive, so I left the room to give them some privacy, only hearing faint whispers and cries from the alligator on my way out.

"Are you ok?" I looked up to see Freddy's concerned face "I came to check on you two." I looked to the door then back at him with a sigh, "Poor Monty..." Freddy made his way over to my side "What about you? You're the one that's holding the pressure of repairing Bonnie," he said as he placed a hand on my shoulder. The tears I've been holding back since I first saw the bunny finally came out as I whispered, "What happened to him..?"

Freddy pulled me into a hug and I immediately wrapped my arms around his waist "Shh, shh, it's okay..." Maybe it's silly to cry over a robot, but Bonnie's my friend, it still hurts to see him destroyed. I pulled away from the hug and wiped my face of tears, just as the door opened and Monty walked out. We looked at each other before he gave a comforting pat on my head "I know you can do it, pipsqueak." Then he walked away without another word. I took a deep breath as I looked to the door of Parts and Service with newfound determination. "Don't worry buddy, you'll be back in no time."

****

I rushed home and readied a luggage bag, I filled it with extra clothes, toiletries, and my old Bonnie plush for comfort. "I'm gonna be staying at the Pizzaplex for a couple days, they need me for an urgent matter," I told my family. I wasn't just gonna rant to them about how my robot friend is practically dead.

"Please eat real food and not just pizza while you're there," my mom said to me as I put my bag in the car. "I will," I said as I gave her and my dad a hug goodbye. I'm sure Freddy will keep reminding me that too while I'm there.

When I came back to the Pizzaplex, it was hard starting since it still hurt to see my friend in this state. I spent most of the day just looking at him, inspecting the broken parts, and then listing off what I would need to do. "I promise Bon, you'll be back in no time...," I quietly said as I stared into his empty eyes.