Not Thinking or Thinking Too Much?

Reader's POV

×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

When I woke up, the lights were still dim and the curtains were still closed, but Freddy was nowhere to be found. I thought back to earlier, recalling how I felt when he looked at me in concern. Why the heck am I thinking about that? Freddy's always been a big worry-wart... What's different now? I decided to forget about the thought, shaking my head and looking down at my Fazwatch to check the time.

I quickly jumped up from the couch and rushed to get back to the daycare, I can't believe I've slept for almost 3 hours! While I ran out of Rockstar Row, I held my Fazwatch up to talk to Sun, "I'm so so sorry for being gone for so long, Sunny! I'm on my way there now to-" I yelped when I felt my arm get grabbed, stopping me in my tracks and giving me a headache.

Definitely bigger than a human's hand so I wasn't worried, instead I focused on rubbing away the pain in my head. "Sorry, that was the only way could think of to stop you," a familiar deep voice said. "Nuh-uh! You could'a grabbed them by the shirt like a kitty cat," Alex's voice countered.

"Wait, Alex?" I looked up to see her sitting on Freddy's shoulders. "We were gonna surprise you," she said with a grin. Freddy smiled at her excitement before explaining to me, "You slept for longer than I thought, and I figured that both you and the daycare attendant would appreciate it."

"Thanks, Freddy," I smiled before holding my arms out to carry Alex. "No problem," Freddy said as passed her to me. "Did you enjoy your nap?" My cheeks went warm as I stuttered, "Yeah, it was good." Lucky for me, Alex interrupted before he could question my odd reaction. "Can we get McDonald's on the way home?" Freddy and I chuckled at her sudden craving. "Then, I'll see you two next time," he said with a wave before leaving to do whatever animatronic performers do.

"Why are your cheeks pink?" Alex poked my cheek as I waved goodbye to the bear, I coughed out, "Allergies."

****

We did in fact, get McDonald's on the way home. The whole ride back, Alex told me about all the things that she and Sun did while I was gone. "Oh! Oh! And when Freddy came over, all the kids in the daycare wanted to play with him! Sunny had to put them in the ballpit so Freddy had time to get me," Alex giggled. "Well, I'm glad you had fun today! Sorry I didn't go play with you guys," I said as I gave her a pat on the head. "It's okay! Freddy told us how tired you are from working all the time."

Once we got home, Alex rushed to put up the drawings that she and Sun made together. "Daddy, daddy! Can we hang these up in my room?" She yelled on the way up.

Meanwhile, I decided to just chill in my bed for the rest of the day. "Ah...! Sweet, comfortable bed," I sighed once my back hit the mattress. Sure I just came from napping on Freddy's couch, but it wasn't exactly the comfiest place, I think it was only comfy because of the amount of plushies on it. Plus....

I recalled seeing Freddy sweetly smiling down at me in the darkness of his room, his eyes illuminating his face enough for me to see it.

I sat up and shook my head to get rid of the thought, why am I suddenly thinking about that? I moved to sit against the bed frame, then mindlessly stared at my classic plushies. "Maybe I've been visiting that place too much, got the Pizzaplex on the brain..."

****

Monday morning, you know the drill by now; get ready, go to work, routine maintenance, blah blah blah. "Y/N? You okay? Ya seem kinda out of it today," Foxy asked once we finished up. I gave him an apologetic look "Sorry... I just think I've been working too hard. My mind's been running in circles since yesterday."

I hopped up to sit on the table while Foxy rested against the wall nearby. "Oh yeah, Rox told me that you visited the Pizzaplex yesterday." My head tilted at the nickname and smiled, "Since when were you two close?" He responded with a grin, "You don't know everything about us! The lass visits me during the day when she's free. Sometimes I'll visit her room during closing time, Chica's even been saying that we're family 'cause we're both canines." I put a hand to my cheek and gushed, "Awwww, big brother Foxy!" He rolled his eyes, "Not you too... Besides! We're talking about you right now." I chuckled at his attempt at going back to the topic, "It's nothing. My mind just keeps coming back to the Pizzaplex for some reason."

"What about the Pizzaplex?" I answered without thinking, "His bright blue eyes." What I just said finally registered, I blinked and looked over at Foxy who looked confused. "What d'you just say?" "Nothing!"

He stared at me in confusion while I bit my lip nervously before suddenly letting out an exaggerated gasp. "Yer not thinkin' about the Pizzaplex! Yer thinkin' about a boy!" I looked away from him and waved my hand dismissively "Noooo! Nooo! Noo..." He moved from his spot by the wall to my side, with a grin he asked, "Who is it?"

"Nobody! And even if there was someone, I wouldn't tell you!" When I said that, Foxy stood in front of me with his hand on his chest "Swear I won't make fun of ya!" I rolled my eyes at him "We both know that's a lie."