44| LET'S END THIS

"You got this sapphire

"You got this sapphire." I breathed sharply and gave a quick taut over the rope knot to check its strength. This is my only and golden opportunity to rescue Ethan from the Jail and put an end to all of it. I don't have enough time to secure a prosperous page in the good books of Vladimir. It's already been two weeks and I know nothing of what happened to my family and what's happening. For that, I have to look at it myself.

"It is now or never Sapphire." Another pep talk and then jumping down the balustrade of the balcony, I grabbed ahold of the rope and ever so gently started sliding down. This motel he kept me in was all booked for him. Vladimir had his guards posted over every nook of Rome right now while he is scavenging the Aloysius mansion by himself in the search of the file. I know Ethan wouldn't be fool enough to keep the file where anyone can find it or would expect. He would've done the most unexpected with the files.

The rope is made of sheets and is enough for me to jump down from the second floor and runoff.

I first need to go to Ethan and help him escape then from there together, I have to understand the whole situation I lagging over and sync in all the information.

Hiding around the bushes as soon as my feet touched the ground, I took account of every corner to see whether the guards are in the perimeter or not. It is the time when the shift of the guards happens. They're too quick for that switch and I have less than a minute to escape.

Slithering around the bushes like a snake, I turned around the corner and then climbed up a tree behind which the wall separated the motel estate to the main road.

Jumping down the wall, I silently pulled up my hoodie and jogged across the street walking towards the nearest bus station. With all the happenings around Rome, an unofficial curfew has been fallen too. People don't go out of their houses after the clock struck 9. Everyone is too mortified to even step a foot out from their home's gates in fear that someone might harm them.

But they're not wrong. With so much going on Vladimir is using all of this to his benefit too. He is kidnapping young kids and maidens of all age who walks down the street to sell them at a good price in the underworld black market and auctions held for the same purpose.

I don't have much time to seek out these matters when my own family is in danger. As if everyone has gone underground after Ethan's arrest. My blood already is boiling that I can make Ethan bald. For what he did to me and for what he let Vladimir do to him. I never said that one has to be strong always but all I know is, he must've lost hope which he shouldn't because Ethan getting arrested is a huge thing and one which shouldn't have happened. And that too, when even after the arrest he isn't out from the prison yet. Too shocking to digest.

The bus stopped for quick seconds as I boarded and soon it zoomed. Making sure that Vladimir's people wouldn't be suspicious, I killed one of his guards and tucked him ever so gently in my bed to replace me and lend some time for me in the mean process. He is the same guards who usually keep lagging behind with others because he finds a thrill in bedding the ladies than doing the adventurous work in the fighting and attacking.