31| UNDERWORLD

"Don't for fuck's sake tell me, he brought my child here!!! In this filth!!!" I whisper yelled at Marshall who was tagging along with me and David as we walked inside the long hallway with many people around drowned in drugs and alcohol

"I literally don't know what Ethan is up to Sapphire but yes, I know this much that he has done a grave mistake in bringing my nephew here," Marshall said a little panicked as we walked past a man that had his hand wrapped around two women who were just wearing thongs and lacy bra. Seeing all this filth spread around, I was losing my shit.

With crossed hands, I walked further inside and stopped in front of a wood gate behind which unfathomable waited for me.

"Are you both ready, just keep a low profile if you and here..." he handed us masks, one white feather mask for me that had jewels on it and covered half my face leaving the right cheekbone and lips only on display while for David, it was a half-face silver mask that had eagle and roses carved on it.

"I'm going to put you on the guestlist as your titles. The goddess and The serpent. Okay?" Marshall asked for confirmation and I nodded confirming his suggestion. I would rather appear as a goddess than appear as sapphire in the sea of elites that are here for buying drugs and sex slaves.

I was shivering at the mere thought of seeing what Ethan himself disgraced once.

"Are you really going to do that?" He gave me a curt nod, as I looked at him. Ethan's first mission after our marriage was surprising for me though. He had wanted to ask for my collaboration in wiping out the human trafficking and smuggling of drugs.

"I'm good about our winery across the world and the new jewel Company, Zaffiro Chiaro di luna I have established under our names, buying mine lands and investing money in weaponry and real estate. We have Serpents too with new established land and water legal Casinos and even so, but illegal underground fighting rings, and antique smuggling as well, I do not want to have my hand in such disgusting things such as human trafficking and drugs." [Sapphire Moonlight.]

"I'm happy my love, it is all right and I really will support you through this. You want to wipe out the reason why the little girl we found on the street was sold and raped by people who shine in public. And the drug addict youngsters and teenagers. I do understand it, Ethan," I told knowing how shook was he from yesterday's episode where we both were returning from a charity auction and met this girl running on the road.

I am glad Ethan and I crossed paths with her or else, she must have suffered, and then when he found by the I ran on her with other doctors that she had drugs in her system which had her life almost hanging between life and death.

"I'm going to help you out and I promise." Ethan is scared because what he sees is a sapphire calling for help and young Adrian and Marshall have their homes and innocent lives shattered while these drugs are one of the causes for destroying the place we call home, our Rome is in danger. Knowing my husband well enough, I want to hunt down the people who started this fuck. The Russian Mafia, the prestigious and indigenous family, Vasiliev.

"Let's go in," Marshal stated as he pulled over his own black and white mask and the doors to the hall opened. The lights were dim around with spotlights focussing over two raised circular stages in the corner of the room with naked females dancing on the poles made of white crystals as they had extravagant heels on.

Truthfully, while my stay in new york even I had taken a small interest in pole dancing and have learned it but that was just a hobby rather than any actual display of maneuver in public and for sure, not the way these ladies with appealing figures were broadcasting.

Just then, David and I both looked at the stage in front, and there was a man with blond hair and lowly hanging pants on, with inked skin from back to his front as muscles flexed dancing too. The blue spotlight shows his flawless and sexual movements drawing the ladies for a good show in front. Huffing a very exasperated breath my eyes shifted to the bar on the other side.

The barmen and maids were all dressed in tight-fitting clothes and served around. When my eyes roamed all over the place to see many elites who I can spot by name without even having to clearly see their faces talked among themselves. A very guttural shiver ran down me yet again.

"This place is everything that the five of us planned to wipe out," David whispered in my ears and I nodded, internally freaking out at the same time thinking this intolerable place has my child in here too.

I was way too angry went I got to know that, finding guards there, Krystallo dared to tell Ethan that he doesn't know them and he is scared. Oh, my dear son, you will have an ass-whooping session someday from me.

Matter of fact, Krystallo even denied knowing Maria, and thus having to think us some child abductor, Ethan snooped away with him.

"Want something to drink?" Marshall asked as he walked the three of us to the bar and winking over a bar lady, asked for a whisky. "I lost my appetite for it." David delivered his imbecile words while rolling my eyes, I shook my head in denial. "My body had stopped digesting alcohol since I got pregnant."

"Fine then, suit you both."

Marshall took the whiskey glass as in no time, Adrian came there rushing to us with a mask on as well but his saucer eyes demanding answers.

"Now will anyone tell me the child in Ethan's office, why does he look just like him but still have Sapphire's eyes?" I groaned lowly looking at him.

"Just don't tell me this suspicion bomb, you've dropped on Ethan as well?" I asked but to my relief, he declined my suggestion. "No dear, it was like having a knife on the neck with this realization so just tell, your son didn't die? You never was in a coma and I'm an uncle of a such cute child?" He shrieked and I hurled him away from there tugging my arms and dragging him to the isolated corner of the room.

"Yes, sir. It is the truth. All of it is." He was so angry but so happy that I wasn't even sure what kind of emotion was he falling into.

Just then the podium on the stage resonated with the sound as the announcer for the night asked for everyone's attention. "Thanks to everyone for coming here. Now, before starting tonight's charity, let's honor the king and his fiancee." With his words, the lights drew the attention over the stairs.

Ethan walked down with Isabetta hand in hand as they made their way to the front table. Bile was rising inside me to even give a glance to them but thereafter horror painted on my face.

"Dadda..."

Krystallo came rushing down the stairs as the guards chased him from behind. While he emerged and calling Ethan rushed to his open arms who picked him up and the little gossipers started their swollen mouths drinking the scene in front.

Now how am I supposed to get my son from this shitty hell?

******

Hey, Gems!!!

Hopefully, you liked the chapter... From here onwards things will turn a lot dramatic and spicy. Enjoy the time.

Thanks for reading 💕