38| TRUTH IN THE SHADOWS

Walking down the stairs, studded in the jewelry of diamonds, I wore the dress he gave me

Walking down the stairs, studded in the jewelry of diamonds, I wore the dress he gave me. The remarkable classy strap heels in my feet suited the look as I did a high ponytail and went for minimal make-up, highlighting my lips with red lipstick. Ethan may not know right now, but the leg which is covered from the eyes, I had strapped a holster with a gun, bullets, and different knives. After all, I will not go unprepared anywhere.

"Mama..." I stopped in track while descending down. Turning over, my arms spread catching the little man who came running to me. Hailing him up in the air, I walked down the stairs and out to the foyer of the mansion where everyone else waited for me.

"Mama, you look so pretty," Chuckling and kissing my little boy, I admired his sweet laughter resounding in the air. "I also want to go, Mama..." He complained while the eyes fixated on him.

"OMG.... Look at him Luca, he just looks like young Ethan," Dorothy squealed coming to look at Krystallo but my little boy urgently hugged me by neck burying his face in the crook and tightly holding onto me so none can take him away. Matter of fact, Krystallo is a shy boy. He doesn't like people making him unnecessarily center of attention or at most touch him. He really has Ethan's anger in blood in that case.

I patted his back and kissed him over his ears. Dorothy stopped mid-way and grimaced.

"You didn't do it right, Sapphire. I know what happened back then was wrong but how can you keep Krystallo's birth a secret to the family. It is unfair not just to Ethan but to us as well," she gritted the words out and I rolled my eyes. This woman is the one I hate the most in the family.

"What I did was the best for two of us... If Krystallo wasn't taken away, we might have regretted it later and maybe you don't know but I almost died giving birth to him so it is my right to choose the measures of safety for my baby, Dorothy," she glared shutting herself up while peeked out, Krystallo shouted looking at Ethan.

"Dadda!!!" He wiggled in my hold as I let him down only for the boy to run straight into his father's arms who picked him up gladly, smiling and kissing his face. Each time he cherishes the baby boy, I feel so heartwarming. Father and son bonding.

"Hey, young man... Missed Dadda?" Krystallo looked at me to confirm it is fine to talk to him once realizing in his gleeful moment, he called Ethan Dadda like that when he was warned not to ever do that. There was a dead ache inside my chest to see the boy asking for confirmation just to talk to his own father. My Krystallo doesn't deserve any of this. I nodded silently and his dimmed smile stretched in angle. He stared at his father and kissed his cheeks rubbing his soft baby hands over his gruff stubble.

"Dadda, are you going to stay with Mama and me?" Ethan kissed Krystallo's cheeks again and nodded. "Yup, baby. I will stay with Mama and you and there is no leaving again. Promise." His words made Krystallo the happiest child on the planet. There was no doubt, Krystallo can ever let go of his father's further questions in the future. "Yeahhhh..." I have to cup my ears to close them from his shrilling voices but that had Luca and Ethan laugh more looking at him.