26| TRUST AND ISSUES

"Wait a minute for me, David," I told him and hurriedly walked out from the house grabbing clutch with me

"Wait a minute for me, David," I told him and hurriedly walked out from the house grabbing clutch with me. Apparently, Dorothy has a tea party planned with her friends and their daughter and she wants my presence amongst them. More to my dislike, a certain gathering of people and lame jokes filled with feigning catwalk parade.

Ethan is out of the country for a business assignment while behind his back, he has assigned David's duty to look after me as if I'm a kid or something or worse pregnant.

Well, till now, after three years of our marriage I am still adamant about not getting pregnant. Dorothy behind Ethan's back has tried to coax me and even tried to talk to my family to change my mind but neither my family questions my decision nor Ethan. David and Maria together made Dad and Papa understand and after that, they know what I am still trapped into.

The big thing is they don't criticize me but support me.

"I could've driven myself, David, why are you here anyway?" I yelled at him asking but he ignored me and sat inside the car. I was about to enter too when suddenly my stomach churned and bile rose. My breath increased and so my heart rate and gagging impeded my senses.

"Sapphire," David called but I wasn't feeling good. It was so sudden and so exhausting to feel that my head started spinning and the dizziness overcame me.

Leaving the car door opened I rushed inside the mansion, and ran to the closest restroom down the hall, busting the gates open my stomach ached and I vomited all my breakfast and lunch in the bowl of the toilet.

I puked as David rubbed my back collecting my hair altogether in one hand. I cried painfully puking again. My stomach twisted deepening the ache.

Once it was over, my body felt so light that, I flopped on the floor resting my head on David's legs. He stood behind me with hands-on my shoulder jeeping me in one position. Later, with help of him, I stood up to wash my mouth.

"We should visit a doctor," David suggested, and nodding, I let him carry me as he walked both of us to the car parked outside. Setting me in the passenger seat, he sat behind the wheels and started driving.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked but I stayed silent. Exhausted with no power to speak I sat there leaning in the seat with closed eyes. "Okay, my love. Rest a little, we will reach soon," He cooed and nodding I tried to calm my breath.

Soon enough as promised, David stopped in front of the hospital. He took me inside while the Doctor came taking me over from him. All the while when they ran tests on me, I was slipping between consciousness and unconsciousness. Once done, I slipped into a deep slumber.

"Sapphire," hearing David's voice I slowly opened my eyes only to find him sitting on the chair beside the hospital bed I laid on while Maria was seated at the couch behind him next to the window of the room.

"Water... Please..." Maria brought the glass of water for me, while David helped me to sit up.

"It feels good now," I smiled after drinking the water and they both sighed in relief.