39| RISE OF THE EVIL

"What is all this, momma?" Her gentle smile restrained all the worries of her life from reaching to me

"What is all this, momma?" Her gentle smile restrained all the worries of her life from reaching to me. She was everything I ever looked up to, my gorgeous woman and the lady of my beautiful life. My mother, Aphrodite Campbell. She picked me up in her arms. I've just turned 8 this year, and to my sweet life, thanks because it was all I liked and loved what it granted me.

"My little sapphire, this is where decades back your great grandfather, Lorenzo Bianco, started The Serpents. He was a great man of his words, always looking up to an unforeseen future where people and destitution aren't a part of the trap of money and gender." Her words were not comprehensible to me. She always taught me since young little by little to reckon something after proves and well thought moves. However, I always try my best to absorb what she pours for me to learn but sometimes I still, fall behind because of my debilitated resolution towards the world.

"What he wanted to make out of it, momma?" I could already see that gleeful smile on her face overshadowing every pain in her eyes. She misses her family, her dead brothers too who preferably died while the world war as far as I have accumulated from all the eavesdropping on their conversations. Bad, I know but when I could see the pain in my mother's eyes, how can I not confront the scattered thoughts my childish brain weaves. I may be young, too much to decipher any feeling but I'm no fool to not feel what she feels, even if that feeling is forcibly raised by myself inside me so I could well enough comfort her. At least I try still.

"My family always cherished females, sapphire baby. You might not believe but in a society that is ruled by males, Bianco followed matriarchy instead. The long foothold of Bianco was kept with your great grandmother Cosetta Bianco, who was a prodigy in standing out of the crowd with her enticing brain and beauty. But the world she was born into wasn't for ladies like her, her tears were the most precious pearl your great grandfather cherished. We valued love and companionship over life. That rested in our souls, flowing in our blood and carried on with generations, we are people who fight for love, born for love and made to love. Envisioning a place for that beauty who he called his wife, Lorenzo Bianco created Serpents and she became the first goddess leading an army of trained hundreds to bring the unlawful's demise. She was born to be what she was but when that Mogul king of business and her life died, she lost the will to carry on the reign he created for her and then resting the legacy of this unforeseen dream she followed his path to their endless journey continued even after death."

"What it has anything to do with me, momma?" I was dumbfounded but curious as well.

"Now, you won't understand baby, but someday there will be a two-way road made for you as well, at one end would be your love waiting for you and on the other end would be the cherished life you fathom about but when the time comes, listen to what you always believed in. One feeling can come, thousands before that you weren't ever able to feel will also die, but there is this certain feeling which would remain eternal."

"And what is that?"

"The feeling when your heart aches for your soul and you know life is nothing without that person. The love you behold is not bound in the stem of thorns with a knife of expiration, it comes once and stays with you for always either alive or dead, it is yours to claim only."