20| DISTORTED REALITY

"You shouldn't go there," Papa warned me, but I wasn't stopping today

The day I saw my mother taken away from me was just enough to have me devastated. I know what we did all together was wrong and maybe worst to Sapphire, but in no way I will again let become someone Aphrodite or let alone Sapphire get broken like this again.

We lose people and it hurts but if we do nothing to protect people who are still alive that would make us a real criminal...

I will not let anyone hurt my sister... Not even Christ himself. He granted me her but wouldn't take her back... At least not before I am dead.

Rushing the car as fast as I can, I pulled over in front of Aloysius Mansion. Driving inside the estate as the guards let me in, I stopped in the driveway in front of the grand gates of the contemporary looking mansion, and walking out of the door, I stormed inside padding my feet along with the clicking floor as I rushed and burst the damn gates of Ethan's study open to find him talking to his men on the gilded landline phone. He gave me a quizzical look but I didn't wait and marched towards him.

"David what-" Punching over his jaws as he stumbled back, I held him by the collar and started throwing repeated punches his way. Blood spurted out from his mouth and nose but as always he never raises his hands against me, the only reason, I'm the brother of the woman he loves but that is the reason, I want him to stay away from her. He got no right to destroy the girl... I might act as a hypocrite but right now I want to beat the shit out of him when I know perfectly that all this drama began because of him.

"What my sister ever do to you... huh? All she ever asked was a good man from you who would love her... She trusted you more than me or anybody in the family but what you did Ethan... You shattered her... Broke her... She is devastated..." I yelled, shouted as each picture of her broken self flashed in front of me reminding me how I did the mistake of not listening to her.

Feeling arms pulling me backward and away from Ethan made me more furious as I vigorously punched him. All the shouting was unheard in my ear but finally, Adrian, Marshall, and the guards were successful in keeping me away from him.

Holding me down and away from Ethan As Adrian helped him up. H spat blood from his mouth wiping away some of the blood from his nose that smeared all of it on his face instead.

Ethan seemed calm but confused.

"Kindly tell me what happened?" He asked massaging his temple but I scowled and growled at him.

"Because of you, my sister had become a corpse. All she is doing is rolling up and being someone she never was in her whole life," I growled again and the frown deepened over his forehead.

"What the fuck you mean, David? I don't understand..." And then Adrian took the charge of the situation as he told him everything that Sapphire did, what we saw and how she has become... The changed behaviour and no interest in the news of her hard-earned title being taken away over his mother's request.