15| GODDESS

"I need you all to be prepared and no mistakes will be accepted," commanding the boys and the girls whom I took with me on this expenditure to rescue my family and king and queen of the most feared mafia, roamed in my mind

"All ready," I said, looking in front of us over the grand mansion in white and red brick, glorifying the wealth and power of the dutch and dutchess's palace.

Hearing them talk like that about me as if I was just some person who needs them to survive did give a blow to my ego. The numbing pain is still buried deep inside my chest and it pains like a ripple of water that's made through the shot of pebbles.

Shaking away the tears that threatened to gush out of my eyes and make me remember how I lied to them all about visiting New York for my new mission. My acting skills are far better than anyone if I really have to put into account how none of them suspected and just as usual I pestered them to tell me and through their teeth they lied, it was just an attack unprepared by their rivals.

I'm young but not an idiot and especially not born yesterday to know they did lie to me and more to the fact they thought, I will never know. There is a reason why I became Goddess in the first place.

The wagon in which including me, two female snipers, three fighters, and one man who was an expert with any kind of locks traveled as we all were jacked up in the maid and servants attire to take this fucking palace under our control and hijack.

The black grand doors of the entrance of the estate opened as the wagon entered inside and stopped in front of the palace gates down the stairs. The guards of the palace opened the doors, and the supervisor who shall assign us our rooms and task stood over the grand stairs in the middle with her hands clasped together at the back.

The cheap cotton skirt washed and ironed rested around her belly draping down to her ankle that had polished shoes on. She had a corset inside her maid dress making her appear much smaller than according to her height she shouldn't be.

Following the queue with other maids, whose wagons stopped before and after us... I and my team went inside as she took us on the tour to the grand palace telling us where we have access to work, where we need to take permission, and where we aren't allowed. So far, nothing seemed to our interest as she moved around the corners of the wealthy estate.

While walking, we came across two males who appeared to hold some title. They were talking and seemed tense about something which did catch my and my team's attention.

"The problem is, the Campbells are great assassins and that Aloysius is the king of the mafia world. We cannot keep them here anymore or it will cause more suspicions from the main palace." The man with a trimmed beard and chestnut hair, standing about a height of 6 feet told to the other male, who had jet black hair and seemed to be smaller in height with respect to the man he talked to.

Both in a blue and green royal garment with badges on but no badge on their suit was anything that I ever had learned about or know that is documented anywhere but it more seemed like personal guards and the trust ranking from royals they had. With honcho's headgear and white gloves in hand, both walked past us silently once they spotted that we were passing them.