27| LOVE FROM MY PAST

"It's been a month David, where is he?" I asked, breaking down in tears

"It's been a month David, where is he?" I asked, breaking down in tears. My hands were secured around my 8 months baby bump and my heart clenching inside my chest to not have my husband beside me.

"He will be back, please trust him." David hugged me cooing, and I cried, hugging him back. Papa and Dad have gone to search where the whole Aloysius family went to nevertheless, they aren't back yet even after a week.

"Master, Madam, sirs are back..." Our maid came rushing inside as then I parted from David and rushed to the foyer of the mansion to greet them and expectantly maybe a piece of good news awaits.

"Dad, Papa..." I rushed to them as they eloped me in a hug taking a perfect distance from the protruding belly of mine. Once I parted from them, my eyes looked at them with hope but their eyes were so dense and tired that I couldn't make myself ask them what happened?

"Papa, Zio, what happened? Got to know about them?" David came asking as Maria too joined us.

"Princess, please be strong. We've got to know that they went to England soon after the attack and has returned yesterday." My brows frowned deeply. I wasn't expecting that to hear but more now, if they have returned why Ethan has not come looking for me?

My mind was in a daze, I wanted to know where my husband was all this time, how was he all this long and especially without me?

"I want to go there, now... please," tears brimmed my eyes once again as I begged them to take me there. Papa, Dad, and David shared a hopeful glance among themselves but sighing deeply they knew I was not backing from it so they agreed.

"Roberto, bring the car out. We would be leaving for Aloysius mansion," Dad ordered his guard and I stayed silent the while then waiting for us to reach there as soon as possible.

In half an hour we stood in front of the Aloysius estate. Just then peony, one of the servant maids appeared to greet us, as then she guided me along with David, Papa, and Dad to the living room. We seated there, while I had to take a little help from David to sit down.

"Mr. Campbell," Came the loud voice of Papa Luca making my eyes snap at him. He had a warm smile as he walked to me and gently put his hands over my overside belly rubbing it with love. "I hope my grandchild is doing good and so you, my daughter." He whispered and I nodded wiping off the tears from my eyes.

"We both are good, how are you, papa?" He had a wry smile in return for my question. And just when he heard the padding of feet he walked away from me hastily, sitting down over the couch in front of me.

"Dad, you called me?" My heart flipped inside my chest as I looked straight into the eyes of the man I was dying to meet. He was half-naked with only sweatpants on and just to have his look, my eyes started watering.

"Ethan..." I called for him, while David helped me to stand. I waddled to his side as he looked at me with a blank and confused stare. There was nothing on his face, no expression to see me after this long.