29| NO ONE TO YOU

"Cara, get used to it

"Cara, get used to it. I will not let you go since I've bought you."

"And I'm not your commodity..." my declarations were in vain and David had to hold his actions in check so as to not hurt Ethan or be in a fight that can either hurt both of them or me.

"Ethan, I will not be your fuck toy or your mistress. Get that," I yelled at him and he stopped in his track giving me time to distance myself from him and I did. People roaming all around started staring for a second but as soon as they looked who they were watching, quietly pulling down their hat or entering into shops vanished.

They all just know the protocol if they don't want to die.

Turning over his heels, he stared down at me with clenched jaws as I thought maybe he really had the tiniest bit of courtesy in him to release me, and yet I know how vague was that because he didn't instead the next was unfathomable...

Pulling out his gun, he targeted me but at that moment shifted his target onto David and in a curl of a finger, pulled the trigger shooting at him while color from my face drained to follow the path of the quickest bullet and making a bloody hole right into his head.

"DAVIDDD!!!!"

My eyes were wide as I dropped to the ground with tears in my eyes. Just then a deep sigh of relief crossed me to see, Ethan had shot a bullet into a man who was about to harm David from behind. The bullet hit him crossing over from David's shoulder and I was breathing finally.

Scrambling to my feet, I ran to David enveloping him a tight hug and breathing rapidly.

"Cara, come here now!! I will not repeat myself," he yelled and I snuggled close to David's arms while he wrapped it around me, caging me inside his embrace.

Combing back to Rome from New York was a bit tiring this month after three years but I had to take up this mission because all I know is that, the increasing rate of human selling has caused a ruckus among the elites, politics, and royals.

"Ethan, you want money we will give you but stay away from Sapphire," David yelled as now he parted from me and pulled me behind him. I didn't look at both of them as my eyes were cast down on the ground with dust and mud and my feet were a part of them too.

"Cara, come out now," his voice was deadly and I gulped. All these years without him was torture but I know, for our son, Krystallo Zachariah Aloysius, I have to do. I have to hide him from his and every clutches of danger because I am everything my boy has got now.

Coming out from behind David, I looked straight into his cobalt eyes. My brown ones looked deep into his magnificent sapphire-like orbs, it was so distant now. He doesn't know me, or matter of fact anything that we have.

With the deep ache bubbling inside my chest, I breathe heavily and slowly made my way towards him, an exorbitant yet dark smirk resting on his lips. Just when I was standing toe to toe with him, his stance oozed the menacing aura looking down at me with a devilish smile of victory. The man who treated me as a goddess once now was treating me as a victory trophy.

The man who worshipped my existence now was ready to trample me beneath his feet. Such a drastic change we both have turned into. Nothing seems alive and free now. Nothing seems beautiful to me now. Those arms that brought me tranquility now brought so much pain and destruction.

How come our lives turned like this?

I am his wife but I cannot claim him. Our son cannot call him dad and we together cannot become a family.

"Cara, get in the car, and let's go to our home." I scoffed when he said our home because nothing is remained to call ours. His life has moved on without me and I have moved on for our son.

"Our Home. Are you joking Mr. Aloysius? There is nothing to call ours and if you might have forgotten what happened three years then let me remind you, I was your ex-whore and now, we are nothing. That's what you have said, you don't want to do anything to me. I am no one to you." That did take him off guard.

"But..." he trailed not able to decipher what to say next and I smirked. There is nothing he can say anymore.

"Bye, Mr. Aloysius. I hope you and I don't ever cross paths again," I said and turned to leave but what he said next shocked me to the core. "Don't leave me, gem. Please."

Gem?

Did he just call me, gem?

His gem?

"Gem, I don't understand why I want you to stay but please, don't leave me." I was still frozen. What was he saying? What does he mean by all this?

"I have a family to return to, Ethan and you're not my family." Not anymore.

"Then, let me solve this problem now..." My brows furrowed when he said that. What does he mean settling it?

"Will you Ethan?" I had hope in my voice when I asked him as I turned to look at him for answers but there was a wide grin on his face, one of that grin that mocks you.

"It is so easy to have a whore as you believe me, huh? Amore, I hate to say but I never want an easy girl like you beside me... oh god, do you literally think there is any other purpose of you in my life than me fucking you," he laughed on my face making me gawk at him astounded.

"Now, my toy shall we get back to our home?" He asked and having enough of his talking, I slapped him straight on the face. "Why not but let's consider you having yourself the greatest whore here because you are the one going around and sleeping with different females even after commitment. Cheating bastard."

I ran back to David and pulled him away from him, We both sat in the car and drove away. I was a little wary because Ethan said nothing as he all while stared at me and I know it very well, the real problems have just started.

****

Hey, gems!!!

Now, a new beginning. Let's see what entail in their journey.

 Let's see what entail in their journey