21| ETHAN'S GEM

"It will look Gorgeous my love," Ethan said as we both stood in front of a custom-made wedding gown, off-shoulder with bishop sleeves, puffy skirt, and long trail

"It will look Gorgeous my love," Ethan said as we both stood in front of a custom-made wedding gown, off-shoulder with bishop sleeves, puffy skirt, and long trail. It was made of fine lace and was in light blue color just the shade of the lightest sapphire.

It had a long veil to it and many floral patterns. Least to say was perfect from every angle but to me, it was hardly a surprise when Ethan called up and asked for my presence in the Anzio region out from Rome. I had to travel one hour by train to reach here. And now instead of anything else, I'm standing here in a boutique for no reason when the dress for the wedding is already decided.

"Gem, why don't you go and try it out for me?" He suggested but before that, a lady in her forties appeared and bowed in front of Ethan before she told him, "King, the groom cannot see brides in their wedding gowns. It's an omen." Ethan groaned but nodded.

"I will wait outside love, why don't you try and see the fitting of it," I nodded silently while he gave me a straight look of disappointment. Once he was out from the premises, I slipped inside the dress with help of the lady who came and then looked in the mirror as my breath was taken aback.

"It looks so beautiful," a gasp left my lips as a lone tear slipped past my eyes. It indeed was the most beautiful wedding gown and that too it is my wedding gown. I looked so beautiful in it.

Smile. I smiled despite the very factor my eyes were watering to see myself in the appearance. After that day, I smiled today. The same man who has the power to break me can easily bring a smile to my lips, now I understood how he has a special place in my heart even if right now, I loathe and hate him the most.

"Want to try on the veil?" the lady asked and I nodded. She helped me wear the veil as an eerie silence fell in the room. There were no words to describe how beautiful and magnificent I looked. It was amazing. The lace bishop sleeves paired with satin and lace of the dress with stone embellishments over it was breathtakingly beautiful.

I found my eyes and nose red but it only accentuated how many appearances looked. My pale skin glowing was the very factor it was beautiful.

Wiping off the tears I slipped out of the dress and back into my cold shoulder lace dress and walked away from there as the lady wrapped the wedding gown from the mannequin and packed it in a beautiful black box.

Walking out from there, I met Ethan standing in the lobby. He looked at me and smiled and just to see that I was ready to do anything but not anymore maybe. Standing beside him, I waited for him to do the next.

"Gem, do you liked the dress?" I nodded looking down but suddenly he cupped my face and pulled it to face him. "You're still angry, aren't you?" He whispered keeping my face extremely close to his as our nose touched. I lowered my gaze downwards not replying.

"No need to say, I can see the hatred in your eyes," as he said I wanted to hug him and deny but sealing my lips I stayed quiet yet again.

"Let's go, we have many plans for today and time is limited." He left my face and entwining our hands tugged me along with him. Had it been before that incident, I would've jumped on his back for a piggy ride without thinking about people around but today, at this moment we are standing close but far apart from each other.