40| UNEXPECTED

"Leave him!!!" I shouted with my trembling hand tugging on the metal chains in a single hope

"Leave him!!!" I shouted with my trembling hand tugging on the metal chains in a single hope... Hope that doesn't feel vivid to me anymore. Why does it happen? I just tested the waters of safety, sure wouldn't have thought that all this time it was a façade, one I shouldn't have believed but blinded by love, reality doesn't transpire through my tranquility, I let him fool me for so many years, I let him play with me. Why?

Ethan Elijah Jameson Aloysius, people worship the ground he walks and I thought he worships the ground I walk on but in the end, what an actor he came out to be. The guy I thought was the hero of my destiny became the cruelest villain I wouldn't fathom.

Tears streamed down my cheeks, I felt betrayed, shattered, and broken. He was my man, I thought he was the person I will love and that would be reciprocated but in the end...

"Tsk... tsk... You look so sorry, Gem." Venom laced his voice and a sob left my lips. I looked straight into his eyes. Hatred, mirth, and the fire of vengeance filled those cobalt orbs that once promised the world to me. "Why Ethan? I loved you-"

"Shut up, bitch... Do you think, a slut like you deserve my love? So sorry to break your little heart girl, but you're aren't worth my love. What if you're the mother of my child, I don't care." He lashed and hiccups after hiccups, I was shifting back and forth between the reality and the oblivion of equanimity.

"Then what am I to you, tell me?" I cried, shouting in pain and looking at the guard behind Ethan standing tall with unconscious Krystallo in his arms. Ethan walked to me, crouching in front of my sitting form. I shivered when his curled index finger bone touched my bruised and busted lips. He was smiling sadistically. "You know what? I might've actually loved you if your dear mother wasn't the reason, I lost my real mother, the real queen you know?" Nothing made sense to me now. My mother wouldn't kill someone who is innocent, she wouldn't. I know her but I couldn't say the same for my husband, now.

"I don't understand anything, Ethan. Please, at least let Krystallo go." I pleaded, crying helplessly but all I saw on his face was a smirk, a sinister smirk that held enough power to destroy me.

"Why you waited all these years then?" He stayed silent, running his knuckles on my cheekbones. "6 years Ethan... that's how long we're married to each other. Why you waited for so long, should've killed me when you got so much opportunity, then why now when everything was about to settle down?"

His jaw clenched as he held my jaw tightly, his fingers pressing against my bone with so much pain that I could stop the buzzing of the blood rush in my years. He pulled my face way too close to his face, I ached from every fiber of my being. "You..." his teeth gritted in anger.

"You haven't finished her yet?" A loud demanding voice came from behind and it belonged to none other than Luca Aloysius, the used to be King of Blood Natrix. I gasped, my eyes wide when I looked at him. "Papa Luca..."

He was the man who made me feel the most comfortable in the Aloysius house after Ethan. I never looked at him in any way less than my own father but my palpitating heart did tell me one thing, he is the man who gifted me, my family's head on my return to the mansion once I used to live with his son.