Chapter 67

Danielle POV

"Mom?"

I looked up from from doing my makeup and through the bathroom mirror saw Amalia hovering in the doorway.

"Come in sweetie," I smiled, picking up my mascara.

She perched on the edge of the bath and began playing with her fingers.

"What's up buttercup?" I asked gently.

"I'm sorry it's nothing," she said, standing back up and starting to leave.

I put my makeup down and spun around.

"Ahhh ahhh no you don't ," I said, taking hold of her arm and carefully pulling her back.

I sat her back on the edge of the bath and crouched in front of her.

"Tell me," I whispered softly as I took her hands in mine.

"What if they don't like me?" She said quietly.

"Stefania's family?" I confirmed.

She nodded, a tear trickling down her cheek.

I reached up to wipe it away.

"Mali my sweet sweet girl," I sighed, getting her to look at me.

"They are going to adore you. They will fall in love with you just like your mama and I did," I assured her.

"Mom?"

"Yes baby,"

"I never asked you. Are you okay with me calling Stefania mama?" She asked nervously, chewing down on her lip.

I smiled and squeezed her hands.

"Sunshine when you starting calling me mom, I didn't think I could ever feel happier. That was until I heard you call Stefania mama," I admitted to her.

"Are you sure?"

"Amalia I promise you, it's okay," I said genuinely.

She nodded and wiped a few more stray tears.

"Go start to get yourself ready sweetheart, I'll be there in five minutes," I told her before kissing her forehead and standing back up straight.

She nodded and did as I said, leaving me to finish my hair and makeup.

"Need some help bellina?" Stefania asked, walking into the bedroom while I was stepping into my dress.

"Please," I blushed, seeing her eyes scan my entire body.

She slowly walked over, stood behind me and smoothly pulled up the zip at the back of the dress.

"I wish I was pulling it down," she whispered, her breath catching my neck.

"Later my love," I replied, feeling her arms snake around my waist.

"Hmm," she moaned lightly as she left gentle kisses behind my ear.

"Stop, we can't be late," I laughed lightly, regrettably pushing her away.

"Someone sounds nervous?" She smirked, raising her eyebrow at me.

"Shut up, you were that nervous for meeting my family that you tried on your entire wardrobe," I teased.

"Bellina it's okay," she said, now much more serious.

"Oh yeah? How do you know?" I laughed, rummaging in my suitcase for my black heels.

"Because they already know about us," she said all nonchalant.