Chapter 55

Three months later...

"Honestly where is Princey?" Virgil asked, running a hand through his hair. "He should be here now."

Logan looked up from checking on Pat. "He's your partner." He said. "Call him or something."

"Nu-uh, I'm not giving him the impression that I need him." Virgil said, crossing his arms. Logan bit back his retort about Roman and Virgil literally being a couple and looked back at his partner instead.

"Speaking of missing Winstons, what about Remus?" He asked. Virgil shrugged.

"Well, he did just get back from his fourth suspension." Virgil said. "And he and Janus disappeared about," Virgil checked his phone, "ten minutes ago. So I think you can guess."

Logan shivered a little. "They're so... involved with each other." He said.

"You say that like Pat literally isn't clinging to you like a koala." Virgil said.

"They need the comfort." Logan defended (a little childishly) as he pulled Pat closer. They grinned and leaned their head on Logan's shoulder.

"Whatever, Nerdy Wolverine." Virgil said as his phone started to vibrate in his hand. "Oh, finally a call." He answered the call. "Princey, where the Hell are you? We're freezing our asses off out here."

Logan rolled his eyes. Virgil was really Hell-bent on proving to the world that he didn't need Roman, despite practically falling over his feet at every second around said boy.

"Where are you?" Virgil was now craning his neck, trying to see where Roman was. "No, I'm not going to wave at you. I can't see you, I'm not going to start waving my hand about like a maniac."

Virgil sighed. "We're over by the third bench, Princey. No, the- the third bench!" He pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing again. "You know the exit? Yeah, yeah. And the bench beside it? Yeah, see the bench beside that bench? Look one more bench over!"

Virgil rolled his eyes and stared at Logan in a sort of 'save me' way.

"You're dating him, you got yourself into this mess." Logan said casually.

"Yeah, Princey. No, I'm not coming over to you, you get your dramatic butt over here!" Virgil snapped. He sighed. "Yes, Princey. No, Princey. Go fuck yourself, Princey. Just get over here!"

Virgil glared at the sky as he waited for Roman to finish whatever he was saying. "Yeah, mhm." He rolled his eyes. "I care about you too, now please, for the love of the world, get over here!"

Virgil sighed and pocketed his phone. "Remind me again why I'm dating Roman." He said to no one in particular.

"You want a list?" Logan asked. Virgil glared at him, which Logan took as a reply. "You like his face, you like his voice, you like his ass, you like how he's strong enough to pick you up, you like the way he smiles, you like how he makes you feel, you-"

"Okay, okay, I get it, shut up!" Virgil said with a sigh, flopping down on the bench. "Jesus Christ, I really regret getting your number."

"Believe me, I regret it too." Logan mumbled, thinking back to all of the midnight rants about Roman he'd woken up to.

"What's good, fuckers?!" Remus announced, his arm slung around Janus' shoulders and his face very pink. His shirt was also suspiciously done all the way up.

"So you finally decided to join us?" Virgil asked. "You had enough of fucking behind the school?"

Janus coughed and looked away. Remus just grinned.

Pat shook their head, scrunching their nose up. "I need to go." They said and pushed their glasses up their nose. "Dad wants me home by four."

"Yeah, sorry." Virgil apologised. "Didn't know Princey would be this late. Don't even know why he is. It's not choir or drama club or anything."

"It's fine, Kiddo." Pat said. They took Logan's hand and pulled him up with them. "Not your fault."

Remus laughed. "I still don't get how you managed to bag the sweetest kid in the school, Specs." He said. Janus pulled him closer.

"You're taken, Mister." He hissed into Remus' hair. Remus giggled.

"I know." He pressed a kiss to Janus' cheek. "I was just saying."

"Remus, Logie didn't bag me." Pat said. "I bagged him."

Remus laughed.

"Anyway, we'd better get going." Logan said quickly. "Cause mum wants me home too."

Virgil raised a hand as Logan was pulled away. "See you, Lo."

Roman ran up to the group. "Hey, Hot Topic. Did I just miss the Double-Eyed Duo?" He asked.

"Aw, you think I'm hot." Virgil said, smiling cheekily. "And yeah, you did. If you'd gotten out faster, we'd've been able to walk home with them." He poked Roman in the arm.

"Hey, sorry, Virge." Roman said, pouting. "Seriously. They needed help in the drama department. Putting up some display."

"You could've at least told us!" Virgil said.

"Stapler gun." Roman said simply. "You wouldn't've liked it, Janus'll never help me and no way's Re going to be torn away from his precious boyfriend after suspension."

Remus rolled his eyes. "Please, like you weren't the exact same after Virgil came back from his suspension!"

"Girls, girls, can we not fight, please?" Janus asked.

"Oh, please, like you aren't always arguing." Roman said, rolling his eyes. Janus' face dropped and his eyes darkened.

"Hey, hey!" Virgil snapped. "Both of you, stop it! Janus, let it slide." He glared at Janus before turning to Roman. "You promised me you'd play nice. So stick by it."

Janus laughed cruelly. "Roman couldn't stick by a promise if it was stuck to him with super glue."

"Jan, leave off." Remus said. Janus looked away and took a deep breath.

"Fine." He said shortly.

"Great." Virgil said, smiling artificially. "Now, we're going to go home and stop off at Costa on the way."

"Why Costa?" Remus asked.

"Cause I need caffeine if I'm to survive til tomorrow." Virgil said.

"Didn't you already have, like, two cups of coffee this morning?" Roman asked.

"Shut up!"

...
Are we done? I think we're done.
... Oh.
Well, onto Star Wars, I guess.
Bye,
Blaize