Chapter 22

"You sound like you want to talk about this." Remus said. "Do you?"

"Remus, shut up." Virgil said.

"But-"

"Shut up." He advised, casually taking the needles out of his hoodie pocket. Logan crossed his arms, tucking his hands under his arms.

"You know I can hear you, right?" He asked. "And I don't need you two talking over me like I'm 4 again."

"That sounds like trauma." Janus said, the only one not crowding Logan. He crossed his ankles. "And if Logan is a trauma bearer, leave him alone. We talk in our own time, believe me."

"Sorry-"

"You're apology's accepted." Janus said, flashing a grin at Remus. Remus glared at him.

"We?" He asked, finishing his sentence. Janus shrugged.

"You really think someone who looks like this doesn't have trauma?" Janus asked, gesturing to himself. "Anyway, not important, this is little Logan's trauma time."

"I'm taller than you. And smarter than you." Logan said. "So I'm not little in any respect."

"Well, you say that but..." Janus trailed off and shook his head. "Anyway, jokes aside, trauma talk."

Logan looked around at the others suspiciously. "I'm not telling any of you anything."

"Dammit!" Janus sighed. Logan blinked at him and pushed his glasses up his nose.

"Look, you know I've stolen a key and you know I take medication." Logan said. He gestured to Remus. "Ask the smartest among you to work it out since I'm not telling you a thing."

Janus and Virgil looked at Remus. Remus shrugged.

"I don't know shit. Just cause I'm in top set doesn't mean I pay attention." He said.

"If you didn't pay attention, you wouldn't be in top set anymore." Logan said casually. "We all know you're a nerd, no need to be bashful about it."

"Look, I don't know shit about medicine." Remus said. "So I'm useless."

Logan sighed. "Yeah, you really are." He said. He blew up a breath through his fringe. "I can't be the only one to hear Freddie fucking yell 'klepto' at me, can I?"

No one said anything. Logan sighed again.

"God, the idiocy of some- Kleptomania!" He said, running a hand through his hair. "Kleptomania, kleptomaniac, klepto, I am one!" Logan took the key out of his sleeve and threw it on the table. "I steal things cause I have no choice."

Logan rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands, sending his glasses askew.

"That's brought on by neglect, isn't it?" Janus asked quietly. Logan nodded.

"Mhm. An onset of neglect." He recited dully. "It happens mostly in women so it sucks that it happened to me. Happened cause the women were so desperate to be noticed by the husbands who married them and ignored them."

"Is that what your meds are for?" Remus asked.

"Yeah, no shit." Logan snapped. "Course that's what they're for. Not old enough to take T yet and any other underlying conditions I have are just that. Underlying."

"Jesus, we were just trying to-" Janus started.

"Well, don't." Logan snapped, this time his tone more cold. He'd cut himself off, distanced his emotions. "Don't try. It helps no one."

Logan sighed and leaned his forehead on his desk. Janus looked over his head at Virgil.

"Did you know about this?" He whispered. Virgil just shrugged.

I don't know why I like the idea of kleptomaniac Logan so much. Or at least, a Logan that steals things.
Bye,
Blaize

The Breakfast Club Rewrite (COMPLETED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें