Chapter 3

Remus looked over at his brother and elbowed him. "Hey." He hissed. Roman rolled his eyes.

"What?"

"D'you suppose anyone else is coming?" Remus asked. Roman shrugged.

"Re, how am I meant to know that?" Roman asked. "I'm smart, not clever."

Remus rolled his eyes and turned to Logan. "Hey! Specs!" Logan hunched his shoulders and didn't answer. "Specs! Hey! Listen to me!" Remus whined. "D'you think anyone else is coming?!"

"How d'you think I'd know that?" Logan snapped.

"Well, ain'tcha meant to be smart?" Remus asked.

"Yeah, smart. Not a psychic." Logan said with an eye roll.

"What're you in for?" Remus asked. Logan froze.

"That's none of your damn business." He snapped louder.

There was a scuffle from outside that drew all of their attention. Freddie - notorious for getting out of detention with his friend's help after beating kids up - entered, dragging another boy behind him. He let go of the boy's sleeve and ran to the door before the other could even think about it, shutting it with a bang.

The other boy laughed, pulling his beanie off to fix his hair. "Real clever, Freddie." He said sarcastically. "How're you gonna get out now?"

"Shut up, Freak." Freddie growled. "And sit down."

The other boy laughed again. "Or what?" He asked. "You gonna punch me? Ooh, so scary." He said. He rolled his eyes and turned to the rest of the group. Roman's eyes widened before he looked away.

"Hey, kids." The boy said, smirking at them. "So today we're learning about-" Freddie pushed his shoulder harshly, rocking him forward.

"Just sit down."

The boy rolled his eyes and took a seat directly behind Remus. He grabbed another chair and crossed his ankles over, resting his feet quite comfortably. Freddie glared at him before taking a glance around the room.

"You're all here for a full day, idiots." Freddie said. "Under mine and a friend's supervision. So don't even think of pulling anything."

Remus cupped his hands around his mouth. "Wow, so scary, Freds." He yelled sarcastically. "What're you gonna do to us?"

Freddie glared at Remus. He took a step forward and pushed Remus' chair viciously, rocking it backwards. The boy behind scrambled forward and grabbed the chair in time so Remus didn't go crashing to the floor.

"I'm not going to do anything." Freddie said. "But if one of you were to have a little accident from rocking on your chair too far, that would be very unfortunate for me and Dan to have to explain."

Remus paled a little. "Dan as in Daniel?" He asked. "Daniel Parker?"

A cruel little smile quirked at Freddie's lips. It was the first time Virgil and Logan had seen him smile and it wasn't a pleasant sight.

"Guess you'll just have to find out, fuckboy." He said before leaving the hall, slamming the door behind him.

Remus elbowed Roman. "Whatcha think about the boy behind us?" He hissed quietly. "Pretty hot, right?"

"Off limits." Roman muttered.

"He can't be taken!" Remus said.

"No, he's not." Roman said. He wasn't looking at Remus or the boy behind them.

"Great." Remus said. "Then why is he off limits?"

"Because that's Janus Dagger." Roman snapped quietly. Remus stared at him.

"You mean the boy who-?"

"Mhm." Roman muttered.

"Damn." Remus said under his breath. "You really let go of a good one, Ro."

*giggles excitedly*
This is so much fun and so exciting and I can't wait!
Bye,
Blaize