Chapter 9

WARNING: Daniel, deadnaming

"Okay, what about you?" Remus asked, sitting on his hands. "What'd you do to get in here?"

Janus shrugged. "Don't feel comfortable to say. Not yet, anyway." He said, a small smile on his face. Roman scoffed. Janus glared at him. "Got a problem with that, Romano?"

Roman rolled his eyes. "If you think you can goad me using that stupid nickname-"

"Answer the question." Janus said. "Do you have a problem?"

"Only with the fact that you basically forced confessions out of me and Re and now-"

"I didn't force anything." Janus snapped, making Roman jump. He was a lot angrier than Roman had expected. "You and Remus did this of your own accord. You two were comfortable with telling everyone what you did - rightly so, since you're both here for decent reasons - but I just asked, I didn't force. So don't ever say I forced anything again."

Roman rolled his eyes again and looked away. "Whatever." He muttered. "Weirdo."

Janus looked down. "Whatever." He murmured. He grabbed a half-done paper plane and crumpled it in his hand. "Whatever." Janus said a bit louder.

The door to the detention hall opened, making everyone except Virgil look up.

"Oh great." Janus said, rolling his eyes. Daniel looked at him sharply.

"Got a problem, Freak?" He asked. Janus shrugged, tilting his head up.

"Not particularly." He said. "Just hoped it'd be someone more interesting than a transphobe."

Daniel glared at him before looking around the room. He cupped his hands to his mouth. "Hey! Amelia!" He yelled. "Back to your seat, now!"

Logan winced and slowly trailed back to his seat. He sat down and crossed his arms. "My name isn't Amelia." He muttered, maybe loud enough for Daniel to hear if he'd been focused on Logan.

"Hey." Daniel snapped at Virgil. "Wake up."

Virgil didn't move, not even a little to indicate he'd heard. Maybe he really was asleep? Daniel stormed over to him and shoved him harshly, nearly pushing him off the table. Virgil jumped and grabbed the edge of the table to stop himself sliding off.

"Get up." Daniel snapped. Virgil sat up and yawned.

"Fuck off, Daniel." He muttered sleepily. "I'm just trying to pass the time."

"You can sleep when you're dead." Daniel said.

"Am I not already dead?" Virgil asked. "Aw, shame. Thought I was in Hell already. Seeing as you're here, you can see my mistake."

"Do you want a fight?" Daniel asked, almost incredulously. Virgil stretched and shrugged.

"Nah, sorry." He said, grabbing his hoodie. "See, I promised my dad I wouldn't get into any fights for a whole year on account of him getting into a fight first day of school and pulling a gun. He still has that gun, actually." Virgil mused, pulling his hoodie over his head. "Think he still has the bullets too." He said it casually, a small smile on his face.

Daniel stared at him, definitely spooked. He swallowed and turned to the rest of the detention hall.

"No moving from these seats." He said, his voice carrying a lot less conviction than before. "Next time I come in here, it'll be with Freddie. And he's not as lenient as I am."

"He's not as much of a transphobe either." Logan said, perhaps a little too loudly. Daniel glared at him.

"Do you want another detention?" He asked. "Cause you can get one."

"Oh, wonderful." Logan said sarcastically. "A whole day of being deadnamed, misgendered and missing out on time with my partner. What wonderful fun, why wouldn't I want another detention?"

Daniel glared at Logan and stood very close to him. "Congratulations, Amelia." He hissed. "You've just won your third detention."

Logan almost smirked, crossing his arms. "Can't wait." He said. Daniel rolled his eyes.

"You're idiotic. You're all idiotic." He said.

"Fuck off, Daniel." Remus called as Daniel left, slamming the door behind him. "Oh, look at that, he did."

It's too early in the book, it's too early in the book, it's too early in the book, it's too early in the book, it's too early in the book-
Bye,
Blaize