Chapter 42

"So, after Specs has finished his forging- forgering- forge..." Remus tried to say but ended up stumbling over the words. "... Magic!" He yelled, giving up. "What are we doing?"

Janus shrugged. "That's up to his Highness, your brother, I guess." He said, a bitter bite in his voice.

"Oh Jesus Christ." Roman rolled his eyes. "Well, what do you want to do, Janus?" He asked, scrunching his nose up in annoyance.

"I think Rem had the right idea." Janus said. He crossed his legs. "I think we should play a game. We've got nothing better to do."

"See?!" Remus said excitedly, pointing at Janus. "He wants to play!"

"Still three against two." Logan muttered. Remus sighed.

"C'mon Ro, please?" He whined. "I'll pay you back!"

"How much?" Roman's tone nearly made Janus scoff. Always in it for the gain, huh?

Remus shrugged. "Ten quid." He hedged.

"Make it fifteen and we've got a deal." Roman said.

"I don't have fifteen quid spare right now, you know this!" Remus protested.

"That's cause you always buy sweets!"

"Cause waiting for you to finished your stupid after-school rehearsals is boring!"

"Then walk home on your own." Roman snapped. Remus' shoulders hunched and he glanced around the room at the others.

"You know I can't walk home alone." Remus said quietly. "Especially not when it's dark."

"How about this?" Virgil asked with a sigh. "Remus can pay however much he has and I'll give you the rest, Princey? Then you can have your stupid money and Remus can have his stupid game."

"If I'm playing this, you're playing with me too, Hot Topic!" Roman said. Virgil raised an eyebrow.

"Aw, you think I'm hot." He said, leaning back in his chair. "But anyway, I'm not playing. Why'd I have to play, anyway?"

Roman didn't say anything.

"He's probably trying to work out whether saying 'cause I say so' is worth it." Janus said, filling the silence that wasn't common with Roman in the room. Roman scowled at him and Janus grinned back.

"I'm not playing." Virgil said simply.

"Cause you're boring." Remus said, grinning wickedly. Virgil glared at him.

"Cause I'm smart." Virgil countered. "Smart enough to know that any game with you three is a game that means I'll either sacrifice my dignity or my secrets. Neither of which I'm ever going to share."

"Okay, okay, okay, fine!" Remus rolled his eyes. "Secrets I get but dignity?" He laughed. "Who needs that?"

Virgil glared at him. "Me. It's one of the only things I have left."

"Okay, that's... dark." Remus conceded. "But even still-"

"Re, just leave off." Roman said. "Look, Hot Topic doesn't want to play so he doesn't have to. Simple as."

Remus covered his mouth with his hands quickly. He muffled something out and started giggling uncontrollably.

"What now?!" Roman asked. When Remus didn't reply, he rolled his eyes. "Did your sanity short-circuit again?"

"You're a simp!" Remus crowed from behind his hands, cackling.

"I am not." Roman protested. Remus nodded.

"Yeah, you are." He taunted, still laughing. "Simp, simp, simp, simp!"

Roman covered his face with his hands and sighed a breath. "Lord give me strength so I don't commit homicide." He mumbled.

Remus still giggled.

I don't know what's going on.
Bye,
Blaize