Chapter 25

Virgil looked around at the others and rolled his eyes. He sighed and pulled his hood down.

"Well?" He asked, running a hand through his hair.

"Well what?" Janus asked.

"Are we going?" Virgil asked. "I want to get my headphones back. Are we going or not?"

Remus shrugged and chucked the key at him. Virgil put his hands up to protect his face as the key fell beside him with a clatter.

"Did you really have to throw it?!" He asked, venom in his voice. Remus shrugged again.

"I'll go if someone else goes." Remus said.

Virgil rolled his eyes again. "Better get your walking shoes on then, asshole." He said, jumping off his desk. "Cause I'm leaving. I'm bored of waiting."

"When have you been assertive about anything?" Roman asked as Virgil's passed him. Virgil shrugged.

"There's a first time for everything." Virgil said before turning the key in the lock and leaving the detention hall.

Roman grabbed Remus' arm as he tried to stand up.

"Re, you're not seriously thinking of...?" He trailed off, not finding the right words to finish his question. Remus shrugged.

"Why not?" Remus asked. "S'long's we're careful, what's the worst that could happen?"

Remus grinned at his brother and pulled his arm out of Roman's grip, nearly skipping out of the door and after Virgil. Janus laughed almost fondly.

"Could you stop?" Roman asked. Janus looked at him, genuine confusion passing over his face.

"What- What did I do?" He asked.

"Just stop going after my brother, okay?!" Roman asked, crossing his arms and trying not to wince.

"What did I do?!" Janus asked and there was a slight hint of the old Janus in his voice. "I don't understand what I did, like, I-I-I-I-I do- I do- I don't understand, Roman." Janus snapped. He'd always snapped after he'd gotten nervous.

"They're both idiots." Logan muttered, drawing Roman's attention.

"Why?" He asked. Logan stared at him like he was crazy.

"Doc Martens? On both of them?!" Logan asked. "They're insane, they're going to get caught." He sighed and stood up. "I have to do everything myself here." Logan muttered to himself before grabbing his bag and leaving the detention hall.

Roman looked over at Janus in shock. "Do they not-?"

"Don't." Janus said, cutting Roman off. He slid off his desk. "Whatever I did apart from laugh at Rem being an idiot-"

"Stop with the nicknames!" Roman protested.

"It's mine and Remus' choices if we use nicknames or not." Janus said. "So don't try dictate our lives, Romano. It's not gonna work anymore."

"You're not seriously thinking of going after them, though?" Roman asked, trying to change the subject. Janus shrugged, a small smirk on his face.

"Why not? There's strength in numbers, after all. If you want to stay here," Janus gestured to the almost silent detention hall, "then you'd make a perfect fence. But since sitting and waiting was never really your thing, I think Virgil'd be pretty happy to see you."

Janus gave an over-the-top bow and walked past Roman.

"I thought you were going to break my... everything if I hurt Virgil." Roman said.

"Oh, I will." Janus said. "But let's not get our hopes up, hey? Virgil has to not reject you first."

This chapter just made me... happy. Don't know why
Bye,
Blaize