Chapter 12

Janus raised an eyebrow at Roman.

"Romano, how long have you known Virgil?" He asked.

"Couple years, why?" Roman asked.

"No." Janus said, shifting in his seat. "How long have you known him by talking to him?"

Roman held Janus' gaze for a couple of seconds before looking down at the floor.

"As I thought." Janus said. "And, to quote Disney, which I think is the only way to get this through your thick skull, you can't marry a man you just met. Or, to put it in terms more suited to this, you can't be in love with someone you've just started talking to."

"It actually only takes a couple hours to fall in love." Logan cut in. He looked up from his book. "Seeing as we've nearly reached the 2 hour mark, I'd say it would be possible for Roman to fall for Virgil. And seeing as he's known Virgil for a coupleyears prior, it's even more likely. The question is," he turned a page in his book, "does Virgil feel the same?"

"Your his friend, you ask him!" Roman tried to urge. Logan raised an eyebrow but didn't look up from his book.

"Me and Virgil aren't exactly 'friends'." He said, using his free hand to put quotations around the last words. "We're civil with each other and stick up for each other but we're not as close as all that."

"Huh, and here I thought you would actually have friends, Specs." Remus said. Logan glared over the top of his book at Remus.

"If you think you can goad any information out of me, Winston, you're very clearly mistaken." Logan looked back at his book, turning a page. "I'm the one stone you can't squeeze blood from."

"That makes no sense." Remus said.

"It's a saying, numb nuts." Logan snapped without missing a beat. Remus blinked and laughed a little.

"Specs's got balls." He said admirably. Remus shrugged and turned around in his chair, gazing at Janus. Janus looked up at him.

"If you're going to start staring at me, at least think up a good excuse." Janus said, scratching the left side of his face.

"What's that on your face?" Remus asked, pointing. Janus gave him a side-long glance.

"This is eczema," he said, pointing at the bumpy red skin on his face, "and this is a birth defect." He pointed to a small scar from his ear to his jaw. "Neither are catching, don't worry."

Remus tilted his head slightly. "You're odd, Jan." He said.

Janus laughed, almost bitterly. "Yeah, don't I know it."

"No, I mean like... well, yeah, that's what I mean but it's a compliment." Janus looked at him sharply but Remus merely smiled at him. Janus stared at him for a couple of seconds before looking back at the desk.

Remus continued to stare at Janus, a small smile on his face. He didn't even realise he was staring.

"Don't stare too long, you might fall in love." Janus said, finishing yet another paper airplane.

"How many paper planes are you making?" Remus asked, sitting forward in his chair so his chest was pressed against the back of the chair. He firmly ignored the light blush on his face.

"One for every person who's wronged me." Janus half-muttered.

"Why are there so many, then?" Roman asked, his tone obviously insinuating something. "Thought you had no problems."

Yeah, definitely insinuating something. And from the way Janus glared at Roman in hurt, it was something bad.

Hello, yes hi, um... HI. I'm going away today (to London, AHHH) and I won't be able to write until I think Friday. Yeah, um, sorry.
Bye,
Blaize