Chapter 40

WARNING: Sexism, misgendering

Almost on que, Freddie stormed into the detention hall. He barged over to Logan's desk and slammed his hands on the desk. Logan looked up from his phone, uninterested.

"Oh." He said in the most bored way possible, praying he could cover how hard the anxiety was pumping through his veins. "You."

"Where is it, you little cretin?" Freddie hissed.

"You can hardly call me 'little' when I'm 190 cm exactly." Logan said, scrolling through Pinterest.

"Where is it?!" Freddie demanded.

"Where is what?" Logan asked. Freddie didn't reply, instead he held out his hand.

"Phone." He snapped. "Now."

Logan pocketed his phone. "Give me one reason why I should. A good reason." He added as Freddie opened his mouth.

"Because I say so." Freddie said.

"Specs said a good reason, Freds." Remus called. Logan shot him a glance. This was his fight, he didn't need other casualties.

"While I don't agree with Remus' brash tone," Logan said, his gaze sliding back to Freddie, "he has a point. I said a good reason and I expect one."

Freddie glared at Logan. He was breathing hard, like he'd just run a mile. His anger made him sloppy and Logan dodged the punch he threw easily.

Logan grabbed Freddie's arm and pulled sharply. "Give me one good reason." He hissed darkly. "And I'll pull your arm from its socket."

Freddie scoffed a little and Logan cocked his head to the side.

"You don't believe I can?" He asked. "Guess a practical demonstration is necessary for your belief."

Freddie's eyes widened and he wrenched his arm out of Logan's grasp. Logan let his arm go in a bored sort of way and Freddie's momentum carried him backwards a few steps, nearly toppling him.

Freddie's panicked eyes narrowed in hate. "You vicious little bitch." He growled.

Logan looked around the room. "Did that sound like a reason?" He asked Janus casually. "Cause I think that sounded like a reason." He stood up slowly. "A damn good one too."

"You think you can take me?" Freddie asked.

"Yeah." Logan said. "I think I can."

"You're just a girl!"

"How many times will it take to get this through your thick skull?!" Logan asked. He rolled his sleeves up. "I'm not a girl and if I have to beat you black and blue to get you to realise that, so fucking be it."

Freddie sensed danger in Logan's tone - like a deer catching the scent of a wolf on the breeze - and took a step back. Then another step. He didn't exactly run from the room but he left faster than he'd ever done before.

Remus whooped loudly. "That was great, Specs." He said. "Wish I'd recorded it. Imagine how much it would've blown up! Biggest bully of the school turns tail."

Logan laughed under his breath as he sat down. "I'd rather not have my face plastered all over the internet." He said. "And especially not my voice, not before I start T."

Remus shrugged. "Still, that was bloody awesome."

"Yeah, kinda was." Virgil agreed. Remus laughed.

"Kinda? Kinda?!" He repeated. "You need to get your eyes checked, Virgin, that was the best thing to ever grace this school!"

Virgil blinked. "Sorry, what did you just call me?"

Turns out I did get to write. Yay.
Bye,
Blaize