Chapter 60

Danielle POV

I held Amalia in my arms, my hand holding her head still against my chest.

"I can feel your heartbeat," she said quietly.

I smiled and rested my chin on top of her head.

"It's beating so hard because I'm so happy my sunshine," I told her.

I looked up when I heard the door open.

"Hey," I said softly, seeing Stefania appear.

"Just checking you're both okay. You've been gone a while," she said, closing the door behind her.

"We're good," I nodded, patting the space on the bed side me.

"Are you sure bellina?" She asked, frowning a little at seeing Amalia in my arms.

"I'm sure, we're good aren't we sunshine?" I said, rubbing my hand up and down Mali's arm.

"Yeah, just having a cuddle," Amalia smiled, lifting her head back up.

"And you didn't invite me?" Stefania gasped dramatically, her hand clutching her chest.

"Next time," Mali laughed, quickly getting up to come stand in front of Stefania who pulled her in for a quick hug.

"Go see Barrett bambina, she's threatening to kidnap you if you don't go back out to her," Stef joked.

Amalia turned to look at me.

"I'll be right out baby, just gonna touch up my makeup," I reassured her, earning a nod in response before she left Stefania and I alone.

"Now tell me the truth," Stefania said seriously after Mali closed the door.

"Not convincing enough?" I smirked, quickly checking my makeup in the mirror.

"You're an incredible actress bella but this time, no," she laughed, coming to wrap her arms around my waist.

I looked up at her, my eyes locking with hers.

"We were talking about her calling me mom," I admitted, keeping my gaze to await her reaction.

"And how did that go?" She smiled softly, twirling my hair around her finger.

"Amazing," I sighed happily.

"She slipped up again and stopped herself from saying mom. It was about the fourth time this week so I just brought it it. I don't think she'll be calling it me all the time just yet. But she knows that if she does say it then it's okay," I explained, giving her a breakdown of our conversation.

"I'm so proud of you both," she said genuinely.

"She'll be calling you mama next," I smirked.

"I doubt it bellina but I wouldn't mind either way," she whispered, slowly tilting her head down.

I raised up a little, meeting her half way so our lips could connect.

"Hmm, cherry," I smiled, tasting it on her lips.

"Barrett brought cherry vodka," she giggled, taking the next kiss deeper.

"You better not be having sex in here!"

The two of us broke apart to see Jaina storming into my bedroom.

"We're not," I laughed, grabbing a pillow from my bed to throw it at her.

"Get your asses out here. We've missed you!" She said, using the hand not containing a drink to pull me out of my room.

Laughing, Stefania and I followed her out and back into the lounge. I'd been gone all of twenty minutes but that had clearly been long enough for people to take it to the next level.