Chapter 51

I was jumping back and forth between the beds, Sam came in,
Dean said" Somebody better be chasing you."
Sam said" It's good for you." He was panting, and sweaty, gross.
" No. No, it's not good for you. Look at you. Y-You're a mess, and you stink. Well, while you were out being Lance Armstrong..."
" That would be biking."
" I was working. You ever heard of a town called Prosperity, Indiana?"
" Has anybody?"
" Two of their fine citizens died over the past two weeks. This one chick- she, uh, roasted underneath one of those beehive hair dryers at the hair salon, and this other guy boiled in a hot tub."
" You don't see a lot of that."
" No, you don't."
" It's worth checking out."
" Yeah."
" You know, one more thing. What's going on with you?"
" We have had this conversation, Sam."
" No, we haven't. See, to do that, you'd have to, uh, sort of... speak."
" Okay, let's see if you can get this straight. See-" He cleared his throat, looking at Sam," You're-You're new Sam, right, Lance Armstrong."
" Biking."
" And, uh- And I'm still me, okay? All right, so-so, you might see things different now- Call it a runner's high or some crap- but that doesn't mean that something's going on with me, okay?"
" Yeah, okay."
" No, don't say, yeah, okay, like, yeah, okay." Sam walked away,
" Yeah, okay."
———
Dean got back in the car, I was staring at the brown bag he had in his hand,
He said" What, Riv?"
I said" What'd you do?"
" What're you talking about?" I pointed to the brown bag,
" You did something, I know it, so, what'd you do?"
" None of your business. Now sit back." He started driving,
" Dean, what'd you do?!"
" Shut up, Riv." I shrunk back," I didn't do anything. Now sit back and stay quiet." I gulped before sitting back, slumping into the seat, my lip shook, but I toughened up. I looked down as Dean looked back in the mirror, I grabbed Rexxy and held him in my arms. 

They're was another killing, I had to hide between the seats from the police, now they're checking out a connection between all the victims. I saw them walking towards me and the impala,
Dean said" Winchester. Yeah, very funny." He's definitely on the phone with Bobby, ha ha." So, we need our kind of terminix. A witch. Yeah, we're headed over to her place to get you some more specifics, so if you could just, uh- y- Thank y- He's on it."

Sam had the hood up as he was on watch out while Dean went to scope out the witch. After a few, the woman drove into the driveway, oh no, Sam tried to call Dean, but guess he didn't answer because he ran in to the driveway. They both came back,
Dean said" We gotta get over to Jenny's." As they got into the car, Dean drove off fast.

They jumped out as we got to her address, they took off, running inside, I pouted but sat still. I don't get it, they know I'm strong... but they still won't let me help, not since Cas took my energy and I was asleep for a while. Do they not trust me? Then it worsened when that Leviathan set Bobby's place on fire and I somehow got out with only a few severe burns and breathing trouble. I don't think they trust me anymore, I wish they'd just talk to me! I'm just as scared as they are about what's happening to me! I mean, it's happening to me!

We watched the bust of the man, who cheated on the witch, break.
Dean said" Now she's just getting nasty. Killing the girlfriend is one thing, but his commemorative bust? That's got to hurt."
Sam said" She'll take the whole town out, Dean. She don't care who gets in the way." Dean's cell rang,
" Hey, Bobby. What do you got? Yeah? You think it'll take her out? All right. No, I don't need to write it down. I'll remember. Go ahead. Mm-hmm. The- Wait. Hang on. Hang on." Dean signaled for a pen and paper," Yeah? Wait. Wa- Ho-Ho-Hold on. Hold on. Hold on. Okay, what was the-What was that last one?" He started writing down," Right. Uh-huh. I'll remember. It's fine." Liar.

I was covering my mouth and nose as Sam and me walked into the motel room, Sam put the chicken feet bag on the table next to Dean.
Dean said" Ugh. That is-" Sam walked to the rest of the ritual stuff, I walked to the bed and sat down.
Sam said" Chicken feet, just like the recipe calls for. Butcher's fridge is down."
" I can smell that."
" Uh, says the power's been wonky and that he's lost so much product he probably won't make rent. Ditto every shop on the block- Nothing but burst pipes and blackouts."
" Huh."
" He says it's like all of a sudden, the town ran out of luck."
" So, coincidence, right?" Dean walked towards him with the bag of stink.
" Uh... yeah. We're past the point of dead flowers."
" What can I say? I guess the witch is pissed. All right, let's, uh- we better get a move on here. Why don't you just- C-Can you take the feet?" Sam held out the bowl, Dean dropped the bag into the bowl, groaning.

They left me, I sighed then laid down, holding my bag in my arms, I nuzzled my face against Rexxy. I got sleepy, I yawned then closed my eyes, dozing off.

I felt someone come towards me, then I saw a man, he reached out to touch me, the black smoke surrounded me and shot him across the room. He groaned as he hit the wall, then glared at me, the black smoke swirled around me, I felt the energy explode then-

I woke up when I was hit on the leg, I kicked at whoever hit me but sat up, rubbing my eyes. I'm really sleepy, and I had a really weird dream.
Dean said" Oh, give me a break."
Sam said" I didn't say anything."
" It's been a long day."
A guy said" And it's not over yet." Dean had his gun cocked as he spun around, Sam turned around. The guy from my... I guess it wasn't a dream, but I know I didn't wake up... what's happening to me?!," Hi, Sam. Hi, Dean."
Sam said" Do we know you?"
" Well, I definitely know you. You're the dead guys. Well, you will be in a minute." Dean shot him, black blood... Leviathan. I gulped," Sorry. You're a bit outmatched." He threw Dean, my eyes glowed, I breathed heavily, the room started shaking as he grabbed Sam by the neck, choking him. Then the door opened and the guy was electrocuted, I saw the Don Stark guy.
Dean said" Don. Thank you. We owe you."
Don said" Good god. What is that thing?"
Sam said" I guess we should be figuring that out."
Dean said" It is on our to-do list."
Don said" You know, find a bottomless pit and drop it in. Spell only lasts for a few days." He walked past them and crouched down at the bed,
Sam said" What are you even doing here?"
" Apparently, saving your lives- twice." He pulled out a coin," Got it."
" Maggie? Seriously?"
Dean said" She was gonna kill us? We just saved your damn marriage."
Don said" Yeah, but to be fair, you also tried to kill her." He got the other coin and walked away from us," You know how she is when she gets a bug up her ass. Got to love her, right? Right. Bottomless pit." He walked out the door," Ciao." He closed the door.

We chained up the monster, Sam put him in the backseat.
Dean said" Yeah, he's ready for transport. I just hope you got someplace you can put him, Bobby. All right." He closed the trunk," We should hit the road. You ready?"
Sam said" Hey, were you, um- were you listening to the Starks tonight?"
" Uh, a little, when I wasn't getting slammed into a wall or stung by bees."
" You notice how they, uh- you know, how they-how they opened up, got everything off their chest?"
" Yeah. Kudos on selling them that crap."
" It wasn't crap, Dean. It worked."
" Sam, I am so, very, very, very, very... very, very tired-"
" Dean, like it or not, the stuff you don't talk about doesn't just go away. It builds up, like whatever's eating at you right now."
" There's always something eating at me. That's who I am. Something happens, I feel responsible, all right? The Lindbergh baby- that's on me. Unemployment- my bad."
" That's not what I'm talking about."
" Well, then what the hell are you talking about?"
" I'm talking about whatever you're not telling me about. Look, Dean, it's fine. You can unload. That's kind of what I'm here for. I mean... we're good, right?"
" We're good." Dean got in, cranked the car, Sam opened the door, I crawled in and he got in.

I nearly asleep, slumped against Sam's body, nodding off.
Sam said" How's River even alive right now? I mean... he was knocked out when he left and why didn't that just kill him right then and there."
Dean said" I don't know, let's ask him. Riv, bud, hey." He shook my side, I whined and dug my face under Sam's jacket." Come on, bud. Just one question, that's all." I looked up and to them,
" Buddy, how'd you get away from the monster?"
I said" I had a weird drea... I guess not a dream. Black smoke surrounded me and shot him across the room. Then I felt the energy before everything just faded away again."
" Okay, uh, how about you try and get some sleep, huh, how's that sound?" I nodded and laid my head on his side again, closing my eyes falling asleep.

Sam's POV
I looked at Dean, gulping, then down to River, watching him fall asleep against me.
Dean whispered" What the hell?"
I whispered" Don't look at me, even I'm stumped."
" Black smoke? Is a demon just following him around, or something."
" Maybe it's him. His powers."
" Our baby brother has demonic powers. I was okay with the telekinesis... but man, black smoke."
" I know, it's fine, you know, I mean... it doesn't seem evil, its kept him alive when we couldn't. Dean, he survived that fire, he shouldn't have survived that fire."
" The black smoke... carried him out?"
" Or maybe it has the abilities of a demon, I don't know, it's kept him alive. So, you know..."
" Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, I know." He looked at River," He's getting better."
" Yeah, he's not as cold anymore. Let's just, keep doing what we're doing, keeping him alive."
" Yeah."