Chapter 61

I woke up to being moved, I snapped up when I heard an engine, where am I? I looked around, Shelley's? I ran outside, breathing heavily, I saw Dean driving away.
I screamed" Dean?! Dean! Dean! No! No! No! Dean! Dean!" I ran after the car, then my foot got stuck in a mud pit, I pulled, crying," Dean!" I breathed heavily, the ground roared beneath me, I dropped to my knees. Then I was lifted out, I saw Shelley," What's going on?!"
She said" He said Sam was hurt, he had to deal with him, to keep an eye on you, he said to tell you everything was fine."
" Sam's hurt?! How's everything fine if Sammy's hurt!"
" I don't know, buddy, how about we get inside and watch a Disney flick and drink hot coco?" I calmed down,
" Okay." I frowned, staring back at the road as she led me inside, I don't understand why he left me this time.... Last time, I was sick, they explained that to me, I understood... but this time he didn't even say goodbye, or explain what's going on with Sammy! How could he not tell me what's going on with Sammy? I'm his brother too!

We got inside, she put in Lion King, I smiled a little, then sat down, she started cleaning out my hair of muck. I sneezed, she chuckled and handed me a tissue, I wiped my nose.
———
Her phone rang, she looked at it then answered it, walking away from me, I waited for a few seconds then followed her to the kitchen, I leaned against the wall, listening.
She said" He's worried sick- You can't just keep him in the dark, he's not a baby anymore. Dean, I know I'm not his sister or his mother-" She sighed," He's worried sick, Dean, I understand what you're saying, but if you'd just explain it to him, he's understand. What? Uh... not a lot, I don't even think he sleeps a full night, maybe an hour in 24 hours. No! I am not drugging him, Winchester, end of discussion. Yeah, he's... hearing every word I'm saying. River, come out, you're not in trouble." I walked to her, she crouched down, handing me her phone,
I said" Dean, what's going on? Where's Sammy? Is he okay?! Where are you?! Why'd you leave me?!"
Dean said" Sam's in a psych ward, he's going through a psychotic breakdown, is what the docs are saying. He has a few broken ribs and bumps, but he's been through a lot worse. I got a lead on a healer, I'm headed to Colorado. I left you, I'm sorry, Riv, I am, but I need to handle this and I can only handle so much at a time."
" Handle? I'm a problem?" My lip shook, then I dropped the phone, running to my room, I cried as I hit the floor, Rexxy came to me. I crawled under the bed and curled up, sobbing against Rexxy's back, I'm a problem? I'm a problem.
———
Shelley looked at me, I haven't moved from under the bed since I talked to Dean, and I don't plan to!
She said" Buddy, come out and eat, okay? Look, I've got curly fries and an apple cinnamon pie... come on."
I said" Leave me alone." She sighed,
" Come on, bud, you've gotta eat."
" I'm just a problem, I don't need food!"
" That's- Honey, I'm sure when they come to get you, Dean will explain everything. He didn't mean that, you're not a problem to him, to anyone."
" Yeah, I am! All I am is a problem! I can't do anything right! I can't even sleep right! I am a problem! So, just leave me alone...." I buried my face in Rexxy, squeezing my eyes shut.
———
I heard Shelley scream" You son of a bitch! You don't say something like that to an already brokenhearted child! I need to handle this and I can only handle so much at a time! You made him think he was a problem to you! Do you know how shattered he looked, he froze and dropped my phone! He looked absolutely devastated!" She huffed," Hi, Sam. I'm sorry about what happened, but your big brother pissed me off."
Sam said" Yeah, yeah, I can tell. Where is he?"
" Under the bed, where he's been camped out the last few days. Hasn't eaten, slept, went to the bathroom, he's dying slowly under there."
Dean said" You know I'd never call him a problem."
" I know, but he doesn't. Dean, you shattered his heart the second he heard those words."
" Dammit." I heard their footsteps then the door opened more, then they got on their stomach to look at me." Hey, kiddo, can we talk?"
I said" Why? I'm just a problem. Fixed Sammy, now you're gonna try and fix me, huh?"
" I deserve that. I didn't mean it like that, buddy, when there's a problem with one of us... you-you tend to freak out the most, and your freak outs usually end with you being slung across a room by your powers. And-And I didn't want you getting hurt, I should have said it better than that but I was worried."
" You coulda just told me."
" I know, I know, but I wasn't thinking, okay? I was being the most dumbass, stupid headed, big brother there ever was, okay? And I'm so sorry I hurt you."
" I'm a problem, I can't do anything right, I was a mistake to begin with anyways."
" Hey! Don't you say that, River Winchester. You're not a problem or a mistake, okay? You're the best damn thing to ever happen to me, you hear me? And you do a million things right, okay? We just don't see it, Riv. You've saved our asses plenty of times. And no matter what happens, you're my little baby brother, I'll always love you. Even if it seems I don't, okay? Don't doubt that for a second."
Sammy said" Hey, Riv, heard you were worried sick."
I said" Sammy!" I crawled out as they stood up, I hugged Sam, he ran his hand through my hair.
" Missed you too, buddy."
Dean said" Am I slightly forgiven?" I let go of Sam and held out my arms to Dean, he chuckled and lifted me up. I hugged his neck, digging my face against his neck.
I said" Yeah, I can't stay mad anymore." I dropped my arm, Rexxy came out from under the bed and sat on the bed." Don't leave without sayin' goodbye, it makes it seem like you'll never come back."
" Yeah, buddy, I know. Wanna get out of here? I bet Shelley's bad cooking..." He was slapped over the head," Thanks, Shelley."
She said" That's what I thought." I sighed, digging my face against Dean's neck again, relaxing. I fell asleep as I felt Sam rubbing my back.