Chapter 25

Dean walked up, Sam and I were sitting on the hood of the impala.
Sam said" Hey." Dean grabbed a beer from the cooler," Dean. What's going on?"
Dean said" I'm in."
" In with..."
" The whole up with Satan thing. I'm on board." Sam told me, I yelled at him for 15 minutes straight till he calmed me down, I almost caused an earthquake.
" You're gonna let me say yes?"
" No. That's the thing. It's not on me to let you do anything. You're a grown- well, overgrown- man. If this is what you want, I'll back your play."
" That's the last thing I thought you'd ever say."
" Might be. I'm not gonna lie to you, though. It goes against every fiber I got. I mean, truth is... you know, watching out for you... it's kinda been my job, you know? But more than that, it's... it's kinda who I am. You're not a kid anymore, Sam, and I can't keep treating you like one. Maybe I got to grow up a little, too. I don't know if we got a snowball's chance. But... but I do know that if anybody can do it... it's you."
" Thank you."
" If this is what you want... is this really what you want?"
" I let him out. I got to put him back in."
" Okay. That's it, then."
———
I was sitting between Sammy and Dean, we were headed to Detroit where the Devil is.
Dean said" Aw. Ain't he a little angel?" Sam looked back at Cas, who was asleep, I don't think angels sleep.
Sam said" Angels don't sleep."
" Sam, I got a bad feeling about this."
" Well, you'd be nuts to have a good feeling about it."
" You know what I mean. Detroit. He always said he'd jump your bones in Detroit. Here we are."
" Here we are."
" Maybe this is him rolling out the red carpet, you know? Maybe he knows something that we don't."
" Dean, I'm sure he knows a buttload we don't. We just got to hope he doesn't know about the rings. Hey, um... on the subject, there's something I got to talk to you about."
" What?"
" This thing goes our way and I... triple lindy into that box... y-you know I'm not coming back."
" Yeah, I'm aware."
" So you got to promise me something."
" Okay. Yeah. Anything."
" You got to promise not to try to bring me back."
" What? No, I didn't sign up for that."
" Dean-" No! Sam'll be in the cage, that's the worse place to be in hell, he won't survive in there!
" Your hell is gonna make my tour look like graceland. Y-You want me just to sit by and do nothing?"
" Once the cage is shut, you can't go poking at it, Dean. It's too risky."
" No, no, no, no, no. As if I'm just gonna let you rot in there."
" Yeah, you are. You don't have a choice."
" You can't ask me to do this."
" I'm sorry, Dean. You have to."
" So then what am I supposed to do?"
" You take River and you go find Lisa. You pray to god she's dumb enough to take you in, and you- you have barbecues and go to football games. You go live some normal, apple-pie life, Dean. Promise me."

We were in Detroit, Bobby walked back to us,
He said" Demons. At least two dozen of them. You were right- something's up."
Dean said" More than something. He's here. I know it." I was clinging to Sam's back, as tight as I could, Dean walked to the trunk.
" I'll see you around, kid."
Sammy said" See you around." They hugged,
" He gets in... you fight him tooth and nail, you understand? Keep swingin'. Don't give an inch."
" Yes, sir." Sam walked, I dragged behind him," Take care of these guys, okay?"
Cas said" That's not possible."
" Then humor me."
" Oh. I was supposed to lie. Sure. They'll be fine."
" Just-Just stop... talking." He walked over to Dean, dragging me behind him, he rubbed my head." You mind not watching this?" Dean lifted me up as he walked past Sam, I whined and reached out, Dean rubbed my back.

Sam closed the trunk,
He said" Okay. Let's go." Dean put me down and followed him, I went to follow but Bobby grabbed my shoulder. I gulped and turned around, hugging Bobby, digging my face into his side.

I was in Dean's arms, Lucifer won... he took over Sam's body. My legs were wrapped tightly around Dean's stomach, my arms tightly around neck and my face dug into his shoulder.
I heard Cas say" I suggest we imbibe copious quantities of alcohol... just wait for the inevitable blast wave."
Dean said" Swell. Thank you, Bukowski. I-I mean, how do we stop it?"
" We don't. Lucifer will meet Michael on the chosen field, and the battle of Armageddon begins."
" Okay, well, where's this chosen field?"
" I don't know."
" Well, there's got to be something that we can do."
" I'm sorry, Dean. This is over."
" You listen to me, you junkless sissy- we are not giving up! Bobby? Bobby?"
Bobby said" There was never much hope to begin with. I don't know what else to do."