Chapter 64

Sam said" Yeah, I hear you. All right, well, thanks for looking. Yep. Bye. So, Nora didn't see any pattern to the dig sites either."
Dean said" Yeah, 'cause they got nothing in common. And I got nothing from local lore 50 miles in every direction of all of them. I mean, it's like they're just... old dirt. What's Dick looking for?" The electricity crackled, they both took out their guns. Then Bobby appeared,
He said" Hey, hey, go easy, you idjits. Sorry for the jump scare."
" So how does this work, huh? I leave the cap off and you just genie your way out."
" I wish it were that easy. The thing is-" he disappeared again,
Sam said" Bobby?" They looked around, then Bobby reappeared,
" Damn it. It's hard to stay focused. I'm still kind of worn out."
Dean said" You've been pretty busy for a dead guy."
" All right. Listen. I-I don't know how long before my next ghost nap, so let's just skip to the skinny- Those numbers I gave you."
" The empty lot in Cheeseville?"
" Yeah, well, it ain't gonna be empty for long. I got a gander at Dick's big plan, right before he Lincoln'd me. They're breaking ground- What month is it?"
Sam said" Uh, April."
" Ground's broke. They're building as we're yammering. Check it out yourself, it's all right. I mean, you guys missed it because you've been kind of busy killing ghosts the past few days. But Dick is about to get into the soylent green business. That site'll show you they're building a biotech lab, right? Biotech my ass. That sucker is a state of the art slaughterhouse. And we're the beef."
" Don't you think that's a little bold, even for Dick?"
" I bet you no one will even notice, 'cause first, he's gonna dumb us all down with turducken-style munchies. Make us docile."
Dean said" We haven't been to Biggerson's since that whole fiasco."
" Biggerson's? He's bought a list of joints 10 pages long."
" Ah."
" Next, he's gonna cure us."
Sam said" Cure us of what?"
" All the biggies- Cancer, aids, heart disease. Let's just say they got an affinity for stem-cell research."
Dean said" The, uh, leviathan real estate mooks building that cancer center."
" They're not hunting anymore. They're engineering the perfect herd. Now, we've gone up against plenty- liked to eat a few folk in the woods. This ain't that. This is about knocking us off the top of the food chain. This is about them levis living here forever, one-percenter style, while we march our dopey, fat asses down to the shiny new death camps at every corner."
Sam said" It's an email... from Frank."
Dean said" Frank's alive?"
Bobby said" That jackass, always stealing my thunder."
Sam said" Sam and Dean, if you're reading this, I'm dead... or worse. This email was sent because some prince is trying to hack into my hard drive right this second. So unless it's you, you got trouble. Um, okay. My drive is full of compromising info. Your new aliases, hangouts, where you stored your car..."
Dean said" Baby?"
" Even though he encrypted the crap out of his drive, he says we should assume that someone can hack into it eventually. He did put a tracking device in it. All right, let's see where Frank's drive is."
" Perfect. It's in the middle of the death star. All right, well, off to Chicago."
Bobby said" No, wait, boys, you can't just break in. They know your mugs. What if we mailed in the flask? Then I could ghost through the joint. I mean, it's not like Dick can kill me twice. What, you got a better plan? Come on. Just because I'm dead doesn't mean I don't know how to do my damn job."
Sam said" Bobby, that's Dick's office."
Dean said" I think what Sam's trying to say is, what happens if you run into Dick, and, you know... go vengeful. You know it's not something you can just shake off."
Bobby said" Come on. Give me some credit. What, I'm supposed to just ride the pine?"
Sam said" Sorry, Bobby."
———
We saw the girl come in, then she was talking on the phone, then she tried to leave. Dean closed the door, I was on Dean's back, I don't feel good, not since I went to them... when I... teleported. She gasped,
Dean said" It's all right. I'm not gonna hurt you."
She said" Get away from me, you..." She grabbed a toy sword," Shapeshifter!"
Sam said" Look, we're not shapeshifters."
" Oh!" She hit him with the sword,
" Geez!" Dean grabbed it,
Dean said" Look, we're not leviathans, okay? You want us to prove it?" He held up the bottle of borax," You know what borax does to them? Sam?" Sam held out his hand, Dean poured borax onto it then onto his hand, then he grabbed my hand and poured it onto me." Huh? Your turn." She grabbed the bottle and poured borax onto her hand," Good."
She said" Who the hell are you guys?"