Chapter 66

Dean said" Okay, man, I have read this more times than the Playboy I found in dad's duffel."
Sam said" Anna Nicole?"
" Anna Nicole. Oh, the good- They die young, huh? Look, we can read this till our eyes bleed. This ain't getting any clearer."
" Okay. Then what does it mean?"
" Uh... Cut off the head, and the body will flounder."
" Yeah."
" Okay. Well, I think we both agree that the head is Dick. Right?"
" Right."
" So, bottom line is, we go grab the stuff, and we mix ourselves a weapon. End of story."
" Look, I'm all for killing Dick. I'm just saying, what then? I mean, what about the rest of the leviathan? What, are they gonna just... drop dead?"
" I don't know. Maybe."
" Maybe? Maybe is good enough for you right now?"
" One problem at a time, all right?"
" Okay. But it's not a crazy idea to try and figure out what the catch is before we go crashing the gate."
" Maybe this is the catch. God's not telling us every detail. You know? The word is from God. I don't know how much better it's gonna get."

Dean said" Little FYI, Bobby's officing out of the john these days."
Sam said" Uh... awkward."
" Yeah, you're telling me. He does have some ideas about the weapon, though."
" Really?"
" Yeah."
" Well, uh, he may be just in time."
" Roman acquires... What's SucroCorp?"
" They make food additives, namely high-fructose corn syrup. That crap is in- well, it's in just about everything- Um, soda, sauces, bread."
" Don't say pie."
" Definitely pie."
" Bastards. So now what? Roman's moved past restaurants?"
" And into grocery stores, gas n sips, vending machines."
" What can we do about it?"
" Short of going al qaeda on their trucks and plants, there's nothing we can do about it." The laptop suddenly closed on it's own.
" Like I said, uh, Bobby's got some ideas." I got bored, and fell asleep.

I woke up to being lifted up, I wrapped my arms around Dean's shoulders, telling him I'm awake.
He said" What's up with you being all tired, Riv?"
I said" How am I 'posed to know."
" Got it."

We walked away from the car and the flask,
Sam said" He seem angry?"
Dean said" Angry? Of course he's angry. If you were Bobby, wouldn't you be?"
" But was he showing signs of fatigue, like-like fritzing?"
" No, actually, it was just the opposite. He said he never felt stronger."
" That's what I was afraid of."

We went into the gas station,
Sam said" The stronger he gets, the closer he comes to going full vengeful spirit. That's reality. We need to talk about what we're going to do with him."
Dean said" Do with him?"
" Yeah."
" Three weeks ago, you were talking how this could work. And now you want to go kevorkian on his ass?"
" I'm just saying that the lore doesn't have a single real-life example of Casper the friendly ghost. It's all basically poltergeists until a hunter comes along..."
" Yeah, well, the lore sucks."
" I'm talking pure hatred, Dean. No humanity. I mean, he could... kill... possess people. I mean, Bobby could burn this friggin' building down. Look, if he goes off the rails-"
" Hey."
" What?"
" Check out that guy over there. He seem a little out of it to you?" I tried to look over the isles but couldn't,
" I-I don't know. Maybe."
" What about Paula Deen over here?" I looked at the woman,
" Yeah, they-they look like... like those turducken people. It's starting. It's the corn syrup. Everything in the store is laced with it."
" Everything?"

Dean said" Hey, man, I'm gonna go into toxic shock, okay? I-I... I need my road food."
Sam said" Yeah, that's what Roman is banking on."
" Hey. Hey. This one says natural. T-That means it's safe. Right?" Sam put the pie back,
" I hate to break it to you, but corn syrup is natural, technically."
" Well, then what the hell are we supposed to eat?" Sam held up the basket, I found apples, I was good.

It's night, we're staking out a house,
Dean said" It's totally dark. I can't see inside."
Sam said" Well, should we wait for daylight?"
Bobby said" Hell no, we're not waiting. I'll scout it. See if we need to bring in the bug guns."
" I don't know. Look, Bobby..." Bobby went away, Dean started checking the house again. Then Bobby was back,
" Okay. Place is clear. But there's something you're gonna want to see."