Chapter 11

Dean moved around too much and accidentally hit me with a flashlight which woke me up. And now I'm glaring at him while sitting criss-cross in the passenger seat.
Sam groaned" What are you doing?"
Dean said" What's it look like I'm doing?"
" Like you're looking for a job."
" Yahtzee." Sam sat up, he looked at me then at Dean,
" We just finished a job like two hours ago."
" Adrenaline's still pumping, I guess. So, what do you think... Cedar Rapids, Tulsa, or Chi-town?"
" I am all for working. I really am. But you got us chasing cases nonstop for like a month now. We need sleep."
" Ah, we can sleep when we're dead."
" You're exhausted, Dean."
" I'm good." Liar.
" No, you're not. You're running on fumes, and you can't run forever."
" And what am I running from?"
" From what you told me. Or are we pretending that never happened?"
" Stratton, Nebraska- farm town." I guess we're pretending." A man gets hacked to death in a locked room inside a locked house. No signs of forced entry."
" Sounds like a ghost."
" Yes, it does." Sam groaned and laid back down, I scrambled into the backseat and landed on top of him.
Sam whispered" Go back to sleep, Riv, I'm sure Dean'll cut off the light soon."
I mumbled" Not soon enough." I dug my face into the space between the seat and his arm, I squeezed my eyes shut, Sam laid his arm across my back. I fell asleep, too sleepy to stay awake anymore.
——
I was sitting in the car as they went into the house that possibly had a ghost. Then I heard a car, uh-oh. I laid down, this isn't good, if this house is haunted, those people are gonna mess up everything. And possibly die from a ghost. Sam and Dean came back,
I said" So?"
Dean said" One night."
" FBI?" Dean smirked before driving off, I sighed, and sat down.

They were talking to a cleaning lady, after a few, they can came back to the car, I looked at them.
Dean said" Riv, you should try and get some rest, we're gonna do a once-over, figure the place out."
I said" Good try!" He sighed, then looked at Sam,
Sam said" Don't look at me."

It was nighttime, we pulled to the driveway of the house, and the people moved in.
Dean said" Crap. So, what now?"
Sam said" We could tell them the truth."
" Really?"
" No, not really."
I said" So, what're you gonna tell them?" Dean and Sam looked at each other then at the house.

We heard screams, they rushed out, I rushed out too, no way I'm staying out here alone! It's creepy. I ran up the stairs and grabbed Sam's jacket, the door opened.
Dean said" We heard screams. What's going on?" We walked in,
A man said" Oh, you two! Did you touch my daughter?!"
" What? No."
" Who are you guys?"
Sam said" Relax, please. You have a ghost."
" A ghost."
The girl said" I told you!"
The boy said" It's the girl!"
The man said" Both of you, relax. What are you guys playing?"
Dean said" Your family's in danger. You need to get out of the house now." Then the power shut off,
The other man said" What the hell?"
" Nobody move!" Then there was a dog whining,
The boy screamed" Buster!" The two men ran outside, we followed them,
The man said" Buster?" We walked into the yard, there was a trail of blood, then on the trailer, it said Too Late.
" Buster!"
" Go back inside. Go."
Dean said" We are not the bad guys, but you're in danger."
Sam said" First thing's first. You got to get your family out of here."

He got his family,
Dean said" Head to the motel I was talking about. You'll be safe there."
The man said" What are you two gonna do?"
" Oh, no. Oh, come on!" The impala's tires are flat, I ran to the trunk, Sam followed me and opened it. It was empty." Oh, come on!
Sam said" Dude, the guns are gone. So is the..." Everything
I said" Basically, everything is gone."
The other man said" Truck's no good."
The man said" Both tires slashed."
Dean said" What kind of ghost messes with a man's wheels?!"
The girl said" What's going on? What's going on?" Then she screamed," She's there! She's there!"
The woman said" Where?!"
" She was right there in the woods!" Sam and Dean looked in the direction with flashlights.
Dean said" What's a ghost doing outside?"
Sam said" You want to stay and find out?"
" Everybody inside."
The other man said" Are you crazy? We need to get the hell out of here!"
" In what?! This ghost is hunting us! Everybody back inside now! Move!" We started going back inside, everything in the trunk was gone, some of the stuff was iron... how could a ghost touch iron? It's a repellent.

Sam was making a salt line,
Dean said" Whatever's outside, it can't get in this circle. As long as the salt line is unbroken, this is the safest place to be."
The man said" Safe from ghosts?"
" Yes, as a matter of fact."
" Okay. I'm not listening to this anymore. Come on. I got to get my family out of here. Let's go."
" Nobody's going anywhere until we kill this thing."
Sam said" Sir, please. This is what we do. Just... trust us."
The boy said" You hunt ghosts?"
Dean said" That's right."
" Like Scooby-doo?"
" Better."
Sam said" You saw her outside, right? Okay. Does she look like either one of these girls?" Sam showed her the pictures of the mother and daughter,
She said" Her. She was paler and a lot dirtier, but that was her."
The boy said" That's the girl in the walls."
Sam said" So it's the daughter?" I thought they said she was cremated,
The woman said" That girl in the picture- she-she's dead?"
" She killed herself inside this house." We walked away from them,
Dean said" So what- the maid got her story wrong? Rebecca wasn't cremated?"
Sam said" Unless her spirit's just attached to something inside the house."
" She hung herself in the attic, right?"
" You want to babysit? I'll check it out."
The other man said" Look, I don't care who hung themselves where. Maybe something is going on here, but-"
Dean said" It's a spirit, man."
" No, it's just some backwoods hillbilly bitch, and I'm not about to sit around here waiting for her to go all Deliverance on my ass."
" Well, nobody's leaving the house."
" Stop me." He tried to walk away, Dean slammed him into the wall, Sam stopped the man.
" Listen, man. I've got a gun." No, he doesn't." You don't get your ass back in that circle, you're gonna have yourself a third hole." He walked back into the circle, Sam and I walked to Dean, I looked up at him.
Sam whispered" Dude, you don't have a gun."
Dean whispered" And? I'm not letting that bastard or anyone else die tonight."
" You cool?"
" Go. Riv, with me." I nodded, Sam walked away, I held Dean's jacket.

The other man said" Hey. Fonzie. Question for you. This indestructible force field made out of salt... have to be kosher stuff, or what?"
The woman said" Knock it off, Ted." Then I heard creaking, I looked at the closet door.
The girl said" What was that?" It opened and there was a girl, Dean held the iron poker," Mom."
Dean said" All right, everybody stay calm. She's a ghost. She can't come in the circle." A knife was in her hand, she stopped at the line then crossed it. Not a ghost! Not a ghost!
" I thought you said ghosts couldn't cross the circle."
" They can't. She's not a ghost."
Ted said" Shoot her! Shoot her!"
" Yeah, about that..." The creepy girl screeched," Go, go, go! Move! Riv!" I ran after them, I was with Danny, we ran and hid. I was hit over the head, I fell, I tried to stay awake but I couldn't.

I woke up, I whined, my hands were bound and my mouth was covered. I heard Danny next to me, I sat up, he sat up too, we looked at each other. Then I saw something crawl in, I looked that way and it was the creepy girl. She crawled to us, staring at us, I want Dean! I want Sam! She held up a live rat, Danny was grunting, but it was muffled a lot, he was trying to get away from her. Then she broke the rat's neck, and bit into it, that's when I screamed too.

There was two of them! Two! Then I saw light,
I heard Dean whisper-yell" Danny! River! Danny! Riv!" Danny started grunting, I screamed, then I saw Dean, Dean cut us free." Your dad's upstairs. Come on." I pulled the gag off, We got out of the hole, I looked at Dean." Watch your head! Watch your head!"
Danny said" Hurry! He's coming back!"
" He?"
I said" Her brother!" Then Dean was tackled," Dean!" I backed Danny up as I saw a makeshift rope. He looked up,
Sam said" Danny!" Danny wrapped the rope around him,
Danny said" Okay!"
His dad said" Come on, buddy. Don't look back, Danny. Just don't look down." I stared at the fighting,
Sam said" Dean?" Dean was on the ground, he shined his flashlight at the brother's face, he was reaching for his gun. I stared at the brother, he went to stab Dean, No!, his movement stopped, Dean grabbed his gun, I got dizzy. I fell, Dean shot the brother, Sam jumped down, he looked at Dean.

We walked out of the house, I was on Sam's back, I'm sleepy, the girl was crying, we walked down the stairs and to Danny's dad. He was staring at the now dead creepy girl.
——
It's morning, Sam finished getting everything back in the trunk, Dean was getting the wheels fixed. We walked to Dean,
Dean said" Thanks for giving us a head start."
The man said" Why doesn't it surprise me you guys don't like the police?"
Sam said" Sort of a, uh... mutual-appreciation thing, really."
" Well... thank you."
The woman said" Thank you."
Dean said" You okay?"
" No. We're the opposite of okay. But... we're together. Thanks."

The second the engine started, I was out like a light...