Chapter 13

Sam got into the car, he was talking to a girl who killed her classmate. Who claims she was possessed.
Dean said" So?"
Sam said" I think she's telling the truth. I mean, the way she talked about being there mentally but not physically- kind of sounds like demonic possession to me."
" Kind of?"
" She didn't see any black smoke or smell sulfur."
" Maybe it's not a demon. I mean, kids can be vicious."
" Well, I mean, we're already here. Might as well check out the school."
" Right. The school."
" What?"
" Truman High, home of the bombers." I looked between them,
" What's your point?"
" I don't know. I mean, we went there, like... for a month, a million years ago. Why are you so jazzed to go back?"
" I'm not. I just think it's worth looking into."
" All right, well, what's our cover? FBI? Homeland security? Swedish exchange students?"
" Don't worry. I got an idea." He smiled, I know that smile! That's the smile when he has an idea that usually tricks me! It's how he got me to eat... ugh, broccoli!
" Okay."
I said" That's the broccoli smile, Dean! Don't trust him!" They both chuckled, I pouted," Fine, it's your problem anyways!"
" You know, I don't think he'll ever forget that."
Sam said" Definitely not. I take a play out of your book and just bribe him."
" So, what are we gonna do with hot shot back there?"
" Cartoons and pizza?" He looked at me, I pouted,
I said" You guys suck."
Dean said" Yeah, yeah, get it all out."
" I don't wanna stay alone! Wanna stay with you!"
" It'll be fine, Riv."
" What-What if it's not?!"
" It will be." Sam reached back and ruffled my hair,
Sam said" Riv, you gotta work with us, okay?"
I said" No! Wanna stay with you! I'll-I'll stay in the car! I'll-I'll stay quiet! I'll be good!" I reached up and gripped onto their jackets." I-I'll be good! I swear!"
" It's not about that, buddy. You can't stay in the car for that long, especially in a high school parking lot."
Dean said" It's serious child neglect, for one."
I said" Dean..."
" Shut up. I know what I said."
Sam said" It'll be okay, River. If it'll make you feel better, we'll line the room, okay? Lock the door from the inside, come on, just work with us, okay?"
I mumbled" Okay, Sammy."
——
I was pacing, Sammy and De were gone, I was staring at the salt line, I whimpered, and looked at the tv.
I mumbled" Stupid big brothers, stupid rules, stupid Sammy, stupid De..." I dropped my head then flopped onto the bed, I stared at the ceiling. I wiped my eyes, I saw blood, I wiped my eyes again and it was back to normal. I gulped, then got up, I walked to the bathroom and turned on the sink. I wet my face, I rubbed my sleeve over my face, gotta stay awake, gotta stay awake. I walked back to the bed and crawled to the middle, I stared at the tv, it wasn't even a good show! I pouted, staring the tv, mindlessly.

I screamed as fire traveled up my body, I could feel every piece of my skin being burnt. I struggled against the restraints, wanting out, needing to get out, but it was no use! They were bolted me onto the bars this time! I screamed and cried out as Alastair came in, I stabbed a demon with one of the torture devices, I'm in really, really big trouble. He slid a blade down my chin,
I screamed" I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"
He said" No, you're not, River!"
" I am! I am! I am! I swear! I swear!"
" Swearing is bad for the soul... didn't your brothers teach you that?"
" I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"
" Too late!" He sliced open my chin, I screamed in pain, I jolted, trying to get free as it healed.
" I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'll be good! I'll be good! I'll be good!"
" Will you, River?"
" Yes, yes, yes! I'll be good! I'll be good!" I screamed in pain as my chest engulfed in flames," I'll be good! I'll be good!"
" Mm, I believe you." He snapped his fingers and the flames disappeared, I breathed heavily," For now." I stared at him,
I whimpered" I'll be good, I'll be good." He tore my wrists from the bolts, I screamed in pain, dropping to the ground, I curled up, whimpering. He kicked me, I yelped,
" Go!" I tried to get up but my body couldn't take it anymore, I was too tired, too lost." Thought you were gonna be good, River."
" Can't move... too tired..."
" Mm, guess we'll have to electrify that energy back up."
" No, no, no, no! Please! No!" He grabbed my shirt, and slammed me onto the bars again, my wrists got bound with barbed wire. I screamed in pain, a demon came in, she put her hand on my chest, electricity flew through me, I screamed louder, seizing, my eyes rolling-