Chapter 1

" Dean! Sammy! Help!" Then everything went black again...

I woke up, gasping for air, everything was bright and quiet, I sat up, looking around. Where am I? Am I on the top side? My eyes focused finally, I looked around again, I am... I remember watching then I was grabbed! I stood up, I wobbled, but gained my balance, I fell again, I huffed then noticed I was next to a grave. My eyes rolled back and everything went dark...

I woke up again, to a familiar voice, Dean's voice... my Dean's voice?
I heard him say" Riv- River?" I coughed," What?" I was lifted up, shaken, I whined, opening my eyes, I saw Dean. I gasped then hugged his neck, we fell onto the ground,
I said" Hi, Dean." His hand held the back of my head, I gulped, how am I back? I've been in hell for 3 years... I counted, even if it was hard because hell's time is different. I was four when I died, now I'm seven! Dean stood up, putting me down, he grabbed my hand as we started walking.

We finally found civilization, well... a fill up stop. We walked to the door, Dean knocked,
He said" Hello?" He let go of my hand, and wrapped his shirt around his fist, he broke the window and opened the door
We walked in, we immediately went to the cooler, he gave me a water, I opened it and drank fast. Seeing him do the same, Dean walked to the newspapers.
He said" September..." I tilted my head, he walked over to a sink and mirror. I found candy, I licked my lips then grabbed a few candy bars, sticking them into my pocket. I looked around, then I heard static, I ran to Dean. He turned off the tv, then the radio turned on, the tv turned back on. I slid under the counter, holding my ears, the ringing... I remember this ringing. I heard glass shattering, I squeezed my eyes shut, whimpering, stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Once it stopped, I still didn't want to move, then Dean lifted me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held onto him as he started walking.

We were at a phone booth, I was sitting outside while Dean went to call Sam. Then he came out, grabbing my hand, we walked to an old car, and he hot wired it. He put me in, I scooted over and he got in, he drove off.
I said" Did ya find Sam?"
He said" No... but uh, you remember Bobby?" I nodded," Riv, buddy, how are you back?" I shrugged," You died 3 years ago, River, what happened?"
" Azazel took me from the reaper lady, locked me in hell."
" Hold on-Hold... you've been in hell for the last 3 years?!" I nodded my head," I'm so sorry, Riv, we thought you were dead... we thought we couldn't bring you back. What-What do you remember?"
" The car crash. Where's dad?" He coughed, then stared at the road, he sighed.
" Uh, he uh... he died. A few days after you."
" How?"
" He-He brought me back, I was in a coma."
" Why didn't he bring me back too?" My lip shook, Dean sighed,
" I don't know, buddy. I don't know. But it doesn't matter now, you're back."
" Why were you in that grave?"
" You ask a lot of questions, huh?" I shrugged," I died. In a deal. To save Sam."
" You guys forgot about me, didn't you?"
" No! No, River, are you joking? We never forgot about you, okay? Ever. We blamed ourselves for you dying. We never forgot about you."
——
We got to Bobby's, Dean knocked on the door, I was holding onto his stomach, peeking out from his side. Bobby opened the door,
Dean said" Surprise."
Bobby said" I don't..."
" Yeah, me neither. But here I am." I let go of Dean as I saw the shine of silver, I backed away, Bobby attacked. They fought," Bobby, it's me!"
" My ass."
" Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait! Your name is Robert Steven Singer. You became a hunter after your wife got possessed. You're about the closest thing I have to a father. Bobby... it's me." Bobby touched his shoulder then lunged with the knife," Whoa! I am not a shapeshifter."
" Then you're a revenant!"
" All right. If I was either, would I do this with a silver knife?" He cut his arm, it bled,
" Dean?"
" That's what I've been trying to tell you." They hugged,
" It's-It's good to see you, boy."
" Yeah, you too."
" But... how did you bust out?"
" I don't know. I just, uh... just woke up in a pine bo-" Bobby splashed him with holy water,
I said" He's not a demon, either, you know."
Bobby said" Sorry. Can't be too careful." I walked to Dean, wrapping my arms around his stomach again, clinging to him. It feels like a dream, maybe it is a dream, a sick dream, one of the demons playing tricks on me again. They do that... did that? I don't know, everything is different now, and I'm really confused. We walked into the library," That don't make a lick of sense."
Dean said" Yeah. Yeah, you're preaching to the choir."
" Dean, your chest was ribbons, your insides were slop, and you'd been buried four months. Even if you could slip out of hell and back into your meats-"
" I know. I should look like a Thriller video reject. Let's not even start about Thriller double." He rubbed my hair back,
" What do you remember?"
" Not much. I remember I was a hellhound's chew toy... and then lights-out. Then I came to six feet under. That was it. Sam's number's not working. He's, uh- he's not..."
" Oh, he's alive, as far as I know."
" Good. Wait. What do you mean- as far as you know?"
" I haven't talked to him for months."
" You're kidding? You just let him go off by himself?"
" He was dead set on it."
" Bobby, you should have been looking after him."
" I tried. These last months haven't been exactly easy, you know, for him or me. We had to bury you."
" Why did you bury me, anyway?"
" I wanted you salted and burned- usual drill- but Sam wouldn't have it."
" Well, I'm glad he won that one."
" He said you'd need a body when he got you back home somehow. That's about all he said."
" What do you mean?"
" He was quiet... real quiet. Then he just took off. Wouldn't return my calls. I tried to find him, but he don't want to be found."
" Oh, dammit, Sammy."
" What?"
" Oh, he got me home okay. But whatever he did, it is bad mojo."
" What makes you so sure?"
" You should have seen the grave site. It was like a nuke went off. Then there was this- this force, this presence, that, I don't know, but it-it-it blew past us at a fill up joint. And then this." He moved my arms, I pouted, he took off the over shirt, and pulled up his sleeve, I saw a handprint.
" What in the hell?"
" Yeah, it's like a demon just yanked me out or rode me out."
" But why?"
" To hold up their end of the bargain."
" You think Sam made a deal?"
" It's what I would have done." I gripped his shirt in my fists, my heartbeat went down.